Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 12:34 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
You were never "free" to do it. It was the LAW. You were FORCED TO

TOTAL OPPOSITE!!
Night is day and white is black in the alternate reality liberals live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 12:36 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
[quote=serger;47230311]

Quote:
Not the best example, but : So, I'm a pretty good driver and in many years and hundreds of thousands of miles I never caused an accident. Why do I need liability coverage? Can I go without? I guess I could, if I wanted to lose my license.
you are not injuring others with your own health care.

Quote:
The healthy people will get sick eventually. Having them pay earlier just distributes expenses over lifetime.
Its called medicare.

Quote:
Also what about other stuff - somebody is young/healthy/no insurance goes rock climbing, breaks spine. Who would pay for that? And in terms of tailoring, could be done to a certain extent, but what if a young person decides that cancer is unlikely at this age and seeks no coverage for that, but it happens, who will pay then?
Its called choosing catastrophic insurance coverage.

Quote:
About maternity /birth control. Well, if insurance companies know what they are doing, this coverage even if included should have essentially zero contribution to your premium. Considering that their risk that you would actually ever use it is very low.
You think rates aren't determined by coverage. Of course premiums will be higher if they cover pregnancy and birth and all those potential things that can go wrong with mother and baby. And if you have a private insurance you pay a yearly penalty for not having maternity included even if you 70 and have had a tubal ligation.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:39 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Night is day and white is black in the alternate reality liberals live in.
I guess!
How they can mistake "free to do something" versus " t's the law requiring you to do so" or expect ramifications for breaking the law is beyond me.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:39 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
There are walk in clinics all over the place which cost much less than going into an ER

Some very good things came from Obamacare and this is one of them

My question is whether they will still be funded though they save taxpayers a ton of money
There were walk in clinics before OC.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:42 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Tell that to Harry Reid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7mRSI8yWwg

And the former IRS Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcpEQXFAxe4

Now THAT'S Stupid!

Yeah try not paying your taxes and let me know how that goes for ya. I'll wait.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:44 PM

They ACA gave Native Americans a ton of Money.

Statistic Wise, over half have combatted their diabetes. Lowered their blood pressure and lost weight. Lowered Cholesterol.

Too bad the whites cannot follow suit but the Indians threaten each other. Even to kick the others out of the medical clinic

if they don't comply. Our local native clinic forces people to work out at the gym with a trainer. Started exercise programs leaving from the clinics daily. Hired a Nutritionist to change peoples diets. Taught organic and whole food eating. They are much more holistic than the non natives.

Not politically correct but it got the job done. Saved taxpayers a ton of money. Yes even WITH THE extra ACA money they spent less on healthcare than before.

They also got many Indians sober. Thus less "accidents."They have a ton of mouth and jaw problems

per the statistics. That is everything from getting drunk and punching each other in the mouth to

not caring for their dental health.

Too bad the whites cannot follow suit. They got money too but the outcome didn't compare to the Indians

It would save a ton of money and keep native families healthier and happier if that extra $$ continued

Also one of the Doctors told me many of his Native American patients have jobs now because they are healthy enough to work

They feel better. They are sober. Health issues under control

Some Natives got physical labor jobs to suffice the clinics requirement to exercise to get their diabetes under control. They just kept working there. They are very ritualistic, sorta like Autistics, like routine. I can see once they are comfortable, remaining as an employed individual at the same company

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 02-17-2017 at 12:53 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 12:49 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,684,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
This is false. It's the propaganda point the left has been promoting, which is dutifully regurgitated by the mouthpieces of the left.

If I am uninsured and walk into an ER for treatment, I will get treatment under EMTALA, assuming I meet the criteria of the statute. After I am discharged home, the hospital will send ME a bill for the services rendered. The bill will not go to the federal government, it will not go to the state government, it will not go to any other taxpayer. If I do not pay the bill, the hospital has lawyers that will try to collect the bill. If and only if I have no job and no collectable assets will the hospital be forced to write off the bill.

If THAT situation happens, then the hospital has to absorb the cost of the bills, which is perhaps absorbed in the rates negotiated with federal programs like Medicare and Medicaid, but also absorbed by private pay clients (insurers and individuals alike).

But no, the bills of the uninsured are not "paid for" by the government. There are higher costs when people do not pay their medical bills, but the bills remain collectible until the individual who received the services that were billed for either declares bankruptcy, dies, or the statute of limitations runs out. In sum, there is still a theoretical assumption under the pre-ACA system that individuals incurring medical bills are responsible for paying them.

As with every other aspect of life, the left wants to remove accountability and personal responsibility from the equation, thus we get half-baked schemes like the Affordable Care Act, which serve as the left's mechanism of controlling people who they believe are incapable of running their own lives. It's more of the cradle to grave nanny state mentality that makes liberalism so disgustingly paternalistic.
So you just said that if you don't pay, either the government will pay (absorbed in the rates) or the people who have insurance (via increased premiums).

Old 02-17-2017, 12:50 PM

The next attempt at NATIONAL HEALTHCARE should be how are the IHS clinics ran??

Cause they know how to stretch a dollar!!

Indians have always gotten less funding than Veterans, Welfare Moms etc. 50% less. The bottom of the barrel despite being the only ones the Federal Gov't owes health care to. By law via treaties.

We CAN afford a level of healthcare for all at a VERY REASONABLE cost

It's already been accomplished

EDITED TO ADD- Acting Head Director is an enrolled member of the Seminole Nation. Those Indians have hot tempers, historically they kick butt regarding other tribes. Actually they are pretty primal compared to other tribes. He probably gets things done

Hopefully the acting Medical Director is a Choctaw. They historically are the peacemakers and healers (medicine men/women)

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 02-17-2017 at 01:00 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 12:52 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
OK.....tell me how we are going to take care of the medical needs of the country with charity. I will listen.

Also, throw in how you are going to pay for bridges across major waterways on top of this.

What about the roads? What about the bridges?

That is NOTHING like stealing additional taxes from hard working taxpayers in order to pay for medical insurance of others when they, the taxpayers, have to pay for their own medical insurance. What you are proclaiming is that paying for medical insurance of others SHOULD be a requirement, because if people didn't, how could they consider themselves charitable or even Christian.

These are your words:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
Back when we were a Christian nation people didn't complain about helping out the less fortunate.
Tell me something... When was the last time, or even ever, that you reached in your own pocket to pay for someone's food or medical treatment, their prescriptions, their pet's food, medical treatment, prescriptions and other pet needs? Maybe helped them with a utility bill or pay all of their utility bills? How about helping someone with their vehicle insurance or vehicle registration because they just didn't have the money, yet without help, they couldn't find a job or travel back and forth to it if they did? Or when was the last time you loaned one of your vehicles to someone because they had no car to get back and forth to work? When was the last time you went over to a neighbor's house and helped them do repairs on their home because they couldn't afford having it professionally done including roofing or painting their home or cleaning out their backed up sewer?

I've done each and every one of these things, some of them numerous times, especially feeding people in need, with MY OWN money and resources. Yet people like you demand people like me aren't Christian or charitable unless we let scumbags in government steal from us, taking taxes to pay for what YOU deem should be charity. You and your kind are sorry individuals who want to make up for feeling guilty about not helping others in need by demanding hard working taxpayers do more and more, paying to relieve you of your guilt.

I realize I am not the norm, that doesn't mean I don't do the things I do. I also believe more people would help if they weren't constantly being stolen from in the name of government charity. Well I hate to break it to you because you obviously cannot comprehend that government must first STEAL from people who work in order to redistribute it to those who don't or won't. I would NEVER help a person who refuses to put forth the effort to help themselves. I WILL help just about anyone I can as long as I see them putting forth the effort in an attempt to do the right thing, because many of us have been there at one time or another.

I don't know a soul who wants people dying in the streets of starvation or from a lack of medical treatment. HOWEVER... If I can no longer afford to pay for my medical expenses because of a multitude of reasons including my money being stolen to pay for the medical of another, along with the economic fact that if there is a huge pool of money to pay for medical (coming from government programs) the cost of even basic medical is guaranteed to rise. It's just like the uncontrolled rise of the cost of education. The economic fact is by the government guaranteeing government student loans that will cover the cost of higher education (as well as at every level), the cost of that education WILL go up because institutes of education no longer need to compete. They no longer need to attract the brightest and the best, competing against other institutions for the limited resources that SHOULD be available, not the unlimited resources that ARE available.

The fact is every single time one of you well intentioned do gooders (with others money) decides to implement some government program by taxing some to pay for others, it harms everyone in that market. That is an economic fact.

Stop stealing from me and others in order to pay for what you think should be charity because each and every time you take from us, under the threat of force jailing us if we refuse, in order to pay for what we, ourselves must pay for if we want those things, that is NOT charity it is taxation... taxation that is nothing more than theft.

Bridges and roads... everyone uses those things so I can understand maybe taxing for them. However while bridges and roads may not have been up to today's standards, they DID exist far before any government program that taxed us for them. They would also exist today, even if there wasn't a government tax. They just wouldn't be of the quality and consistency people want.

Again... you asked me to tell you how we're going to take care of medical needs with charity. Start by reaching into your own damn pocket rather than demanding to reach into the pockets of everyone else.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:00 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,684,402 times
[quote=2mares;47230533]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post

you are not injuring others with your own health care.

Its called medicare.

Its called choosing catastrophic insurance coverage.

You think rates aren't determined by coverage. Of course premiums will be higher if they cover pregnancy and birth and all those potential things that can go wrong with mother and baby. And if you have a private insurance you pay a yearly penalty for not having maternity included even if you 70 and have had a tubal ligation.

If somebody does not pay for their healthcare they are "injuring" others financially.

Medicare kicks in at certain age. And it is payed by taxes so I'm not sure what exactly is the point here.

Which things would be included in the catastrophic coverage?

What I'm saying is (extreme example) if somebody is 70, there is no way that pregnancy coverage will be ever used, so whatever premium they are paying should be the same with and without it. Again tailoring could make sense in some cases but things would quickly get extremely complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies