Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:55 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
No, the point is that illegal immigration didn't kill this person, drink driving did.

Should the driver have been deported previously? Probably, I don't have all of the facts on them.

But their mere presence in the country isn't the problem with this case, drunk driving is.

It's fairly simple.
Yes, it is fairly simple. No one claimed that illegal immigration killed the person. The fact remains, however, that the person who killed this person should not have been in the country to begin with to commit this act as he is an illegal immigrant. Why is this difficult for many leftists to grasp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 01:00 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,256 times
If illegals were never here this incident would have never happened. So sad

Old 02-22-2017, 01:01 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes, it is fairly simple. No one claimed that illegal immigration killed the person. The fact remains, however, that the person who killed this person should not have been in the country to begin with to commit this act as he is an illegal immigrant. Why is this difficult for many leftists to grasp?
I completely understand the point. I'm not even that far from agreeing with you. People that are have invalid residency status should be deported or dealt with appropriately - I can't pass judgement on this particular person because I don't know their complete story, but it's likely, yes, they shouldn't have been here.

What I don't like, though, is making a thread about a person that was killed by a drunk driver and hijacking it to further this cause re: immigration. It just is in bad taste, and I think sends the wrong message (that drunk driving isn't the more serious issue in this case).

Old 02-22-2017, 01:03 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
If illegals were never here this incident would have never happened. So sad
If people didn't drive drunk, this would never have happened. Agreed, very sad.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:08 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Would this sad situation been posted on this forum if the drunk had been a citizen or legal resident?
You act like news of people driving drunk and killing innocent people is never shown on the news. And, yes, drunk driving stories make national news when it is something like an illegal driving drunk or the drunk driver kills several people.

Why are you all bending over backwards to defend illegals? To those who have lost family members at the hands of a drunk driver it is a horrific loss. It's even worse when they know that if the driver was an illegal who never should have been in this country at all---and it's even worse when the illegal had been caught previously and still was allowed to stay in this country---you know, like when Obama ordered that these illegals not be deported.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:30 AM

940 posts, read 1,903,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
What does 'Christian Missionary' have to do with anything?
A lot of Christian missionaries go to other countries to help the local population. Here we have people coming to our country for us to supposedly help them and they may get intoxicated and kill, some of them. Just an interesting contrast, if you are interested in that kind of thing, maybe not, but some of us are if that's OK with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies