Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times

Advertisements

Is it ministration is rife with conflicts of interest. There is more than a little evidence that indicates that he might be beholden to foreign interests, and quite possibly a traitor. Why, with a Republican Congress and ultra-conservative vice President like Pence, would saying Republicans voice such undying support for a possibly compromised president. Wouldn't it make sense to just cut bait with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Leftists have said that when a foreigner stays at a Trump hotel and pays the stanard rate, it's a conflict of interest.

Sorry if I don't take these claims serious.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:51 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Is it ministration is rife with conflicts of interest. There is more than a little evidence that indicates that he might be beholden to foreign interests, and quite possibly a traitor. Why, with a Republican Congress and ultra-conservative vice President like Pence, would saying Republicans voice such undying support for a possibly compromised president. Wouldn't it make sense to just cut bait with him?
Because they can, because they want to, because it is their choice, because they are still mildly entertained by all of the continued whining from others......
Why would any sane non Republican still be whining over an election that has been over for a while and does not appear to be changing anytime soon?

Old 02-16-2017, 09:53 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Lack of critical thinking.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:57 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
I'm not a Republican. BUT....when we begin discussions with such negative attacks it doesn't sit well for a healthy discussion.

My Republican friends are so tired of being attacked for their choice (not by me but others we know) that they won't engage and explain. I know some very decent Republican friends and I value their opinion. I differ form them but I will not attack them personally. We see the world differently and we have to recognize that.

I think for many of my Republican friends, they have been Republicans all their life and associate the old school ideology of smaller govt, less taxes, etc. so that's why they stay true. I have friends who are religious conservatives that truly believe the Republican govt. will protect their Christian values and that's why they vote Republican.

As for Trump -- they have come to excuse so much of what he does as harmless. They don't think his gaffes are major and think that in the important things -- immigration and economics, he will make good decisions. I don't agree at all but honestly, right now I don't know for sure if it will end poorly or well.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:58 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
I voted for Hillary, but I do not see any real issue with Trump so far, aside from the typical disagreement with his ideas. Everything happening is just being exaggerated because he is Trump, and a danger to the power base and status quo of both parties, but especially the Republicans, who are probably busy behind closed doors wondering what to do to preserve the status quo.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
They are afraid to deal with the realties because they are the so called "snowflakes" that they accuse others of being while they yearned for an authoritarian daddy figure.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
So suppose they cut bait, until there's something legally actionable he's not going away, you get Pence.

Even if Repubs aren't supporting Trump don't mistake it for supporting Dems.

Personally right now, I'm a big fan of burning the whole f***ing s***show to the ground and starting over. Everything goes, the process, every stinking law on the books, the composition of the US, everything, then let people figure it out for themselves and whether or not the return to a union, and which union they return to.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:02 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I voted for Hillary, but I do not see any real issue with Trump so far, aside from the typical disagreement with his ideas. Everything happening is just being exaggerated because he is Trump, and a danger to the power base and status quo of both parties, but especially the Republicans, who are probably busy behind closed doors wondering what to do to preserve the status quo.
I voted for Hillary and if she one in the first month of her presidency were playing with these kind of scandals, I'd be clamoring for president Kaine.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:03 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,530 times
It seems that you hear one thing and we hear another or certainly even if we hear the same things, we interpret them differently according to our personal bias and experience.

In this case however it is presumptuous for any of us to decide that we know ALL the facts. What seems to be often is not what the reality. You are jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on missing information or distorted information or bias that just clouds your view of the issues. In most cases it appears that liberals or people who do not like this president are the ones doing that the most. I call THAT a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies