Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 03:34 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Compared to whom? Hillary, perhaps?
Did it rain at Trump's inauguration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 03:38 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Ok, since you didn't watch the video I'll help you out:

It's basically the intelligence agencies and the political lackeys that believe the direction of the country or any country for that matter should follow their consensus.

These days liberals deny the Deep State exists, even though throughout the 90s all the rage was talking about how the Deep State undermined political elections throughout the third world during the Cold War. OR they openly embrace it as a way to rid themselves of a person they hate.
Oh, ok I understand now...It's a conspiracy theory.....

Old 03-21-2017, 03:38 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
This pretty much sums it up. Trump just took the mantra of Ross Perot and Pat Buchanan and ran with it to victory. Everything he has said has been said before by the Old Paleo-Con right. It's a departure from the very libertarian-conservative and RINO wing of the GOP.

Most of the GOP and the Democrats are united in corporate interests and establishing globalization and continuing the process in the US. They could give two diddlies about the national interest. They find those notions to be antiquated and anti-market.

Actually what Trump and Bannon are trying to usher in is probably the old Hamiltonian and Lincoln-nian American School of economics, which was pro-trade but also protectionist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...ool_(economics)
Just what we need, 18th and 19th century thinking in the 21st century.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:49 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Just what we need, 18th and 19th century thinking in the 21st century.
It was the American policy from the 1860s to the 1970s, waxing and waning in actual degrees and details of implementation. Historian Michael Lind describes it as a coherent applied economic philosophy with logical and conceptual relationships with other economic ideas.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:04 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's ergodicity. A federal republic was a great experiment, but it was never meant to last.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Part of an excellent column by pat buchanan and eli lake of Bloomberg and even far left democracy now web site about the power and collusion of the Deep State and the Media

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/2/..._deep_state_to
I found one thing I agree with in the middle of a mishmash of conspiracy theories:

"....Now, I happen to think that the Trump presidency is extremely dangerous. You just listed off in your news—in your newscast that led the show, many reasons. They want to dismantle the environment. They want to eliminate the safety net. They want to empower billionaires. They want to enact bigoted policies against Muslims and immigrants and so many others. And it is important to resist them. And there are lots of really great ways to resist them, such as getting courts to restrain them..."

Old 03-21-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In the 90s it was a left wing conspiracy, today it's a right wing conspiracy.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I found one thing I agree with in the middle of a mishmash of conspiracy theories:

"....Now, I happen to think that the Trump presidency is extremely dangerous. You just listed off in your news—in your newscast that led the show, many reasons. They want to dismantle the environment. They want to eliminate the safety net. They want to empower billionaires. They want to enact bigoted policies against Muslims and immigrants and so many others. And it is important to resist them. And there are lots of really great ways to resist them, such as getting courts to restrain them..."
I find it wild that a few years ago Democracy Now and Glen Greenwald were heralded as heroes of the left, now they're peddling conspiracy theories?

Old 03-23-2017, 01:03 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Today certainly didn't make me feel good about the future of civil liberties in this country, surveillance of a political candidate by political enemies within the intelligence agencies is terrible for our nations future

Last edited by floridanative10; 03-23-2017 at 01:24 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Today certainly didn't make me feel good about the future of civil liberties in this country, surveillance of a political candidate by political enemies within the intelligence agencies is terrible for our nations future

What I'm seeing with the Deep State, is mirroring Joseph Stalin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies