Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 06:07 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,589,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
The OP was talking about liberals, leftists, and Democrats (none of which have the same definition). Now you're introducing communists. Interestingly enough, communists and liberals usually don't like each other. So I'd love an explanation for what you're talking about.
Huh? Then why did the communist party endorse Hillary???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 06:10 AM

769 posts, read 720,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I voted for Donald Trump because he wasn't your polished career politician raking the status quo in over the years.

And I'm damn proud of it. Only a complete shill would want what we've had in this country post 2008 financial collapse. All that happened was these bankers realized they can't fail. Uncle sam will bail them out with your grandchildren's college fund, and then some.

No thanks it's time to move on. Cry me a river.

That's exactly why I voted for Donald Trump too. I am so fed up with almost all politicians of all parties who are so full of themselves, their power, voting themselves out of legislation they claim is great for the country (ACA), voting themselves into being allowed to break the law were they not in Congress (insider trading), creating wealth for themselves at we the people's expense & then thumbing their noses at us. The arrogance is disgusting.

They do not live in the real world. The policies they enact for us do not effect them. It's a well oiled machine in Washington D.C. which is why even Republican politicians have not completely been in favor of Trump. None want to lose their over the top benefits nor their egotistical control & power. They truly believe they are irreplaceable. They are not!

I am willing to give President Trump a chance to learn what he can & cannot do & how to do it. I am looking forward to the U.S. Constitution being the law of the land as close as Congress will allow it to happen. I believe Donald Trump sees & understands the injustices that have been increasing against the American people & he's willing & able to do what he can to correct them. It's going to take longer as long as the distraction of attacking him occurs. Quit fighting for the greedy politicians & give him a chance at least.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:19 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,317,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNansea View Post
That's exactly why I voted for Donald Trump too. I am so fed up with almost all politicians of all parties who are so full of themselves, their power, voting themselves out of legislation they claim is great for the country (ACA), voting themselves into being allowed to break the law were they not in Congress (insider trading), creating wealth for themselves at we the people's expense & then thumbing their noses at us. The arrogance is disgusting.

They do not live in the real world. The policies they enact for us do not effect them. It's a well oiled machine in Washington D.C. which is why even Republican politicians have not completely been in favor of Trump. None want to lose their over the top benefits nor their egotistical control & power. They truly believe they are irreplaceable. They are not!

I am willing to give President Trump a chance to learn what he can & cannot do & how to do it. I am looking forward to the U.S. Constitution being the law of the land as close as Congress will allow it to happen. I believe Donald Trump sees & understands the injustices that have been increasing against the American people & he's willing & able to do what he can to correct them. It's going to take longer as long as the distraction of attacking him occurs. Quit fighting for the greedy politicians & give him a chance at least.
And the congregation said.... AMEN

Old 02-21-2017, 06:25 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,971,653 times
The tantrum throwing liberals need binkies and safe spaces. I hope Trump doesn't give them any of that. They can go to hell after the way they've ruined the country and smeared everyone who disagrees with them.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times
If you have to ask -- you aren't listening and don't want to.

What a stupid question!

Old 02-21-2017, 06:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,317,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
They're not enraged by their "loss." Democrats are perfectly okay with losing an election to a competent, intelligent opponent, as history reflects. They're enraged by the fact that a completely uneducated, narcissistic, lying, POS lunatic has been voted into the White House and threatens both the sanctity of our land (Exxon is now in charge; the EPA is on its way out; public lands will be up for bids to any interested foreign multinational, and there are plenty of them), as well as our moral decency (providing health care for people, allowing people to unionize so that they can have some control over their working lives, preserving the beauty of our land and the purity of our waters and air, etc.). It's kind of a no-brainer to be "enraged" at the incalculable loss we all face, as a nation. I'm sorry that your cultish worship of Trump has blinded you to the fact that he couldn't care less about you. Some of us have been watching the Trump Show, off and on, for decades. The guy is a well-known con artist--always has been, always will be. Used to be that anyone who spouted off the insanities of a Trump (I can shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and wouldn't lose any voters!) would have been shuttled off to a mental ward. Apparently, his supporters are so far off the deep end and in denial about this crash dummy that not only was he was right, they cheered him on into the White House. So yeah, liberals--and a good number of self-respecting Republicans--are horrified, and not a little "enraged."

By the way, speaking of inchoate rage: I'm still waiting for that secret Muslim army that, according to right wingers, Obama was supposedly building in order to force Sharia law on the United States. Any idea when it might be arriving? I'd like to be prepared.
If you're that enraged, then you should have been a little smarter during the campaign and suggested to Queen Hillary that she not take MI, WI, PA and OH for granted.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:35 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,640,570 times
Supreme Court is a total robbery. I don't agree with Trumps kissing up to corporations wanting to throw their toxins in lakes and rivers. Don't like the way Wall Street has moved into the White House. Worried about another recession under Trump...

Old 02-21-2017, 06:55 AM

17,356 posts, read 11,323,665 times
What's really sad is that the Dems with all their bragging couldn't or more appropriately wouldn't put up a decent presidential candidate but instead nominated Queen Hillary the Hildebeast. Democrats knew she's a proven pathological liar, a fraud, a race baiter, a wealthy snobby elitist, and brought in millions of dollars to her "foundation" by providing donor countries favors. Add to that the Benghazi fiasco and email scandal, cheating in the debates, and her passing out in public from unknown health issues and there you have the worst candidate in the entire United States. The only thing that mattered to the DNC was that it was her turn to be president. Yet her cultist lemmings fell all over themselves supporting her. Pretty wacky huh? The rest is history

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-21-2017 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 02-21-2017, 07:10 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,971,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady11 View Post
Other than MA having a Republican governor this describes my area perfectly.
I can't relate to what the OP describes.
I travel frequently and haven't encountered any of the above described behavior.
What's odd to me are the numerous antagonistic threads claiming that the left is so enraged and constantly whining about Trump. When people keep repeating these types statements over and over they're presenting a stereotype that is untrue. Who are you trying to convince?
Some of this amateur psychology diagnosing is amusing and completely off base.
Have you turned on a television or read a newspaper since the inauguration?

Your cohorts on the left are in full meltdown, whether you've encountered it on your travels or not.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,791,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I can shorten that lengthy question of yours down to two words that sum it up completely. DONALD TRUMP.

We don't care that we lost to the GOP, it is WHO we lost to that is our concern. Man has no business anywhere near the WH, both domestically and internationally.
This^ I wouldn't have cared had say Romney or Kasich won. I disagree with their views and policies, but I wouldn't view them as a threat to the nation.

The issue is who won. The man is absolutely insane and mentally unstable. Absolutely clueless about what he's doing, he's the most corrupt person to ever sit in the office, and he's a serious threat to both this country and the world at large.

That's our issue. Not that it's not a Democrat, but that it's someone who is an absolute disgrace to the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies