Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 02:35 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,385,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL. Unfortunately, Asian American politicians mostly vote for the Demoncrap. Frankly, most Asian vote for the Demoncrap. So they just shoot themselves in the foot all the time - I always laugh when people do that. This election a large percentage of them broke out and voted for Trump.
No they didn't.

http://http://www.nbcnews.com/news/a...ricans-n682491
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I voted Trump for three reasons (another topic), I doubt, however, he is going to fix racism in America. I doubt ANY politicians or political parties are going to fix it.
Trump going to fix racism in America? Heck, he just exacerbates it.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:37 PM

39,321 posts, read 27,699,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Trump going to fix racism in America? Heck, he just exacerbates it.
I said I doubt he would fix racism. Yeah keep on smacking that head of yours.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I find it interesting politically partially since Asians don't bow down to the Democrats and the Democrats seem to ignore them. Once blacks and hispanics realize the Democrats only give a #### about them for votes. They might finally start to see the light. Also I think racisim and stereotypes of or against Asians is more accepted compared to blacks and hispanics. So yeah I think that's bs.

They are generally more under the radar and not as "loud", and there is less of them. So things may infuriate them, you just don't realize it because they're not on CNN with an Asian Al Sharpton talking about how Asians are stereotyped.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. We're part and parcel of one of the constituencies of the Democratic Party.

While there isn't a lot of us in large numbers, we are concentrated in certain geographic areas so that we do have political representation, like in Hawaii, California, and New York. Probably just as many of us or more than Jewish Americans.

I don't understand your obsession with Sharpton - seems like you don't like outspoken people of color. But we do talk about combating stereotypes all the time, such as in the entertainment business and media. Go google George Takei or Constance Wu, for example. And you probably haven't heard of Margaret Cho the comedian. They're not silent.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Well, that's the understatement of the year!

Old 02-22-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
The sole purpose of this thread is to rehash generalizations with the subtle intention of pitting one ethnic group against another.

News flash to the conservative cretins jumping all over this.
There are poor & rich Asians.

There are Asians who consistently vote Republican, or Democrat or even Independent.

A lot of well off Asians either did so via entrepreneurship, or having a solid education, the same as anyone else.

Being Asian, and having mostly Asian friends, I can safely say all of the ones I know consider the US to be our home and love this country more than the country our parents came from.

In short, we're really not much different, so quit trying to paint us as such.
Yes. It's just tiresome to see the old tropes being recycled as wedge issues.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:46 PM

39,321 posts, read 27,699,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, that's the understatement of the year!
Well, I have no ideas what point you are trying to make.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and any other "Asianese" you can think of listen to Rap music. And please don't let me start posting videos on Asian gangs.
and the biggest consumer of rap music are suburban white teens!

Old 02-22-2017, 02:49 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,850,692 times
Quote:
On the head smacking...you think Trump will decrease racism...?

That poster was right that reports of racism (and xenophobia and anti-semitism) have increased during Trump's rise and ascension as our President.

I know you all won't admit it but he really does have a white nationalist as his senior advisor and white nationalists REALLY don't like Asians immigrating to America or Asian Americans because they see them as a threat to "white culture" and prosperity. They want to keep America "white."

It is interesting to me with the rise of Trump and white nationalism that many of the posters who want to act like they are exalting and appreciating the academics and work ethics of Asians Americans, they also see this demographic as a threat to their way of life and that is one of the driving forces behind the desire of Trump and many in the "alt-right" to be against welcoming immigrants and refugees to this country.

One of my favorite memes BTW (because I see so many of my conservative working class classmates who I went to high school with b*tching about "losing jobs" to immigrants and refugees):

ETA: I do think that people can be illegal though

Old 02-22-2017, 02:52 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times
Asian-Americans are discriminated against at American universities regarding acceptance at colleges. I wish more of them would sue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies