Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I am not angry in the least. you most certainly put a value on life if you feel a fetus has more rights than the woman who carries it.
I think both lives are equally important.

Maybe you should pay attention to the argument next time. I said YOU were the one that put a value on life. I do not and I mentioned that already.

If you are having trouble keeping up, maybe you can join IamRogue in a highly intellectual debate of a "discectomy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Risk of death and certain death are not the same. You are not arguing apples to apples. once the child is born, we have other options to allow others to take responsibility over the child. Before that, the mother refusing responsibility is a death sentence. The mother has no right to decide that her child should die as the life of the child is equally as important as the mother.

You have no clue who I am, you make assumptions, you make claims you have no means to support. There are many who have argued against abortion and have walked in every shoe you would claim. The immature argument of "you just don't understand" doesn't validate your claim.

considering that the majority of abortions are done out of convenience, I could say "Don't want the responsibility of a child, don't take the risk of sex". You don't get to act irresponsible and then kill someone because it is an inconvenience. That is the sign of someone suffering from mental illness.
child birth can be life threatening, fact. a woman get the choice to engage in it or not. saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy and parenthood. a woman does have the right to control her own reproductions however she likes.

If the shoes fits, wear it. you have a perspective and post about it. do I know you? no just as you don't know women personally who have an unwanted pregnancy to make a judgment on them. you disprove your own statement with your assumptions on abortion and a woman being less important than a fetus. it isn't maturity it is empathy.

again not your business why women get abortions. yes, women can act irresponsible, they are human. abortion is taking responsibility.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I think both lives are equally important.

Maybe you should pay attention to the argument next time. I said YOU were the one that put a value on life. I do not and I mentioned that already.

If you are having trouble keeping up, maybe you can join IamRogue in a highly intellectual debate of a "discectomy".
you can put any value on the life of your pregnancy you want if you are a woman. I support your choice.

making the lives equal, forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term, does indeed make the pregnancy more important than the woman's life.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
you can put any value on the life of your pregnancy you want if you are a woman. I support your choice.
Again, like many have done in the past, you put a value on life... just like some whites did with blacks, men did with women, nobles did with subjects... again... your argument is no different, you are no different than they are in your justification of one life being more valid than the other. /shrug

Old 02-23-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
again not your business why women get abortions. yes, women can act irresponsible, they are human. abortion is taking responsibility.
Some men used to say that it is no business of anyones if they beat their wives, they owned them. They claimed they could even kill them if they wanted and in fact, in some tribal cultures (yamomamo indians) women are lesser than men, can be traded, raped and mutilated as men saw fit, you know... because men were more important than women. In fact, Islam has a whole slew of versus on the matter of such valuing of life.

So again, your argument is not new. It is quite old to be honest.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:55 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Basically, here is the argument: Since, by causing an embryo to exist, you created a need where there was no need before. Specifically, before coming into existence, the embryo had no needs; however, now, as a result of coming into existence, it needs to use your body to survive (and for nourishment). Thus, you should be forced to take responsibility for your actions by helping the embryo out--specifically by letting this embryo continue to use your body in order to survive and to acquire nourishment.

How exactly would you respond to this pro-life argument? Basically, while I myself previously looked at both abortion and child support from the perspective of tort law (indeed, I still consider child support to be government-sanctioned swindling if there was a prior agreement *not* to seek child support), I have to admit that that I didn't place as much emphasis on the *need* aspect of the equation before.

Anyway, any thoughts on this?
No, that's not exactly true. They survive in Petri dishes as well. They're frozen and then destroyed if not used.

So is that murder?

Old 02-23-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Again, like many have done in the past, you put a value on life... just like some whites did with blacks, men did with women, nobles did with subjects... again... your argument is no different, you are no different than they are in your justification of one life being more valid than the other. /shrug
don't fool yourself you put value on life as well.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:16 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I don't think you know what body autonomy means. It means that an individual has the legal right to their own body and to make medical decisions in their own interest. How does that mean you would kill diabled people? If anything the support of the right to body autonomy would prevent that.
Just doing 2 of your paragraphs, the body killed isn't the mother, it is her child. The child has a separate complete human genome from the time of conception. That which is aborted, isn't a chicken, or a donkey, or a whale, it is a human. BTW try stepping on an endangered species egg, and discover life can indeed be protected prior to birth, just not human life in the United States at this time.
Quote:
And a fetus is not a separate human being. If you took it out of the womans body, aka actually separated it, it would not continue to develop into a human being.
The state of being unborn, is a natural human condition which we all experience. Killing another without due process is a denial of the primary liberty all humans should enjoy.

It is likely you and others who read this will be unable to accept an unborn human as being just as important as any other human. This is due to years of dogma. It is unfortunate and sad.

The human killed in an abortion is not a part of the mother, nor is it the body of the mother, it is her unborn child. See - https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/preamble

Quote:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
The above is the preamble to our Constitution, note it seeks to secure the blessings of liberty (our courts have always held the most important liberty is the right to live which cannot be taken without due process) to ourselves and our posterity. Note posterity is generations as yet unborn (aka unborn).

Our premise for the Constitution is to secure liberty to all living and as yet unborn humans. Abortion takes away this liberty right to a class of humans. Thus undoing the purpose of our Constitution. Ability to do this by a court allows any liberty or right to be edited out. Is this really a judicial power?

Old 02-23-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Some men used to say that it is no business of anyones if they beat their wives, they owned them. They claimed they could even kill them if they wanted and in fact, in some tribal cultures (yamomamo indians) women are lesser than men, can be traded, raped and mutilated as men saw fit, you know... because men were more important than women. In fact, Islam has a whole slew of versus on the matter of such valuing of life.

So again, your argument is not new. It is quite old to be honest.
can't you stay on topic? a pregnancy can not be compared to being an abused wife or woman being thought of as lessor in cultures.

you support forcing a women to remain pregnant against her will. go figure.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Anybody who wants zero restrictions on third trimester abortions is an extremist, and you can't reason with extremists.

You've made your stance that it's not a baby until the umbilical cord is cut. You're not much different than those who say it's a human at conception.

There is no point in us debating.

I'll save my time for moderate people.
I think in that statement you hit that proverbial nail on the head. In most cases there is no middle ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies