Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:06 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Americans are embarrassed by him, and its only been one month....

Nearly 60% are embarrassed, including majority of Independents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5696bd3061da

Two polls released this week offer that downside to President Trump. New surveys from Quinnipiac University and McClatchy-Marist reveal that Trump — never terribly popular nationally — continues to be seen as dishonest, a poor leader and unstable.

What’s more, the U.S. is embarrassed by him.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:13 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,484 times
Honestly, he comes across as a petulant little brat who needs a spanking with the silver spoon he was born with... what a sorry *ss excuse for an American.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:13 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
You know what's not-so-funny...America had that moron Obama running around the world blaming the US for the world's evils and apologizing for everything that happened even before Columbus arrived, and not once did the polls ask if we were embarrassed about Obama's behavior. I wonder why?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:16 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You know what's not-so-funny...America had that moron Obama running around the world blaming the US for the world's evils and apologizing for everything that happened even before Columbus arrived, and not once did the polls ask if we were embarrassed about Obama's behavior. I wonder why?
He wasn't embarrassing.

Perhaps his goals didn't align with your own, but the word "embarrassing" is a tricky one.

I think they use the word "embarrassed" because Trump is out rambling about nonsense like his election margins and crowd sizes and he's listening to Fox News loudly on AF-1 and taking every weekend to spend millions to fly to Mar-a-Lago and shake hands with rich members and let them in on things like cabinet appointee vetting sessions.

This is not NORMAL behavior.

It is embarrassing, this lack of protocol.

I would not be "embarrassed" of a Republican president, just because I disagreed with his policies.

But, Trump is an embarrassment as a human being.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:20 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
You also failed to note that Obama had more maturity and class than Trump does, despite the fact that Don is 70 years old.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:24 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
They ask questions about topics people talk about.

How come there has not been polls about Trump being a muslim or born in Kenya? It's obvious. No one ever said he was.

Unlike Trump, Obama did not act in an embarrassing fashion.

Trump has very quickly built a global reputation as a dishonest clown, so the question is obvious.

Do Americans find his behavior embarrassing? Yes, majority of Americans find it embarrassing.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:25 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
I was neither embarrassed by Obama, nor am I embarrassed by Trump.

And while I understand why many people are embarrassed by Trump. I think there are good reasons to have felt embarrassed by Obama.

Regardless, this is honestly about politics. I can remember Democrats saying they were embarrassed by George Bush as well. The Dixie Chicks took a lot of flack by saying they were embarrassed because George Bush was from Texas.

I'm not sure the point of threads like this. You might as well post that the majority of Americans think Donald Trump is ugly. Or that the majority of Americans think Hillary Clinton should have divorced Bill Clinton after he cheated on her, repeatedly.

It changes nothing.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He wasn't embarrassing.

Perhaps his goals didn't align with your own, but the word "embarrassing" is a tricky one.

I think they use the word "embarrassed" because Trump is out rambling about nonsense like his election margins and crowd sizes and he's listening to Fox News loudly on AF-1 and taking every weekend to spend millions to fly to Mar-a-Lago and shake hands with rich members and let them in on things like cabinet appointee vetting sessions.

This is not NORMAL behavior.

It is embarrassing, this lack of protocol.

I would not be "embarrassed" of a Republican president, just because I disagreed with his policies.

But, Trump is an embarrassment as a human being.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
100% of thinking Americans are embarrassed by Trump.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:40 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I was neither embarrassed by Obama, nor am I embarrassed by Trump.

And while I understand why many people are embarrassed by Trump. I think there are good reasons to have felt embarrassed by Obama.

Regardless, this is honestly about politics. I can remember Democrats saying they were embarrassed by George Bush as well. The Dixie Chicks took a lot of flack by saying they were embarrassed because George Bush was from Texas.

I'm not sure the point of threads like this. You might as well post that the majority of Americans think Donald Trump is ugly. Or that the majority of Americans think Hillary Clinton should have divorced Bill Clinton after he cheated on her, repeatedly.

It changes nothing.
well said.

It really changes nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies