Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 01:00 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,678,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The religious way...Kill the nonbeliever.....Do you think that religion might have something to do why there is so much violence and strife in the world?

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die......... Deuteronomy 13:6-10
Actually, the New Testament says to try to help non-believers but if they refuse you basically let them be. The actual passage, I think from Corinthians, says something about cleaning your sandals of their dirt (something like that).

Old 02-24-2017, 01:00 PM

1,478 posts, read 791,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So do Southern Baptists. This belief that believers are to take control of the government and force piety on everyone comes from the Koran, not the Bible. In away, one could say the religious right follows the Koran more than they do the Bible.
I do not subscribe to Protestantism. But the Southern Baptist are more impressive than Catholics and produce better Christians. They also have a trillion times more influence in America than Catholics do. Catholicism is impotent. Personally, I regard Catholics as the follower of Judas.

You may toss a Catholic a bag of coins to betray Jesus on or off these boards. But you can keep your bag of coins when it comes to me. Yeah, I know Jesus, now go grab you guards out the mob. And tell Cesar I said he can kick rocks.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:02 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,910,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Actually, the New Testament says to try to help non-believers but if they refuse you basically let them be. The actual passage, I think from Corinthians, says something about cleaning your sandals of their dirt (something like that).
Careful, you are killing their narrative.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:14 PM

168 posts, read 151,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I do not subscribe to Protestantism. But the Southern Baptist are more impressive than Catholics and produce better Christians. They also have a trillion times more influence in America than Catholics do. Catholicism is impotent. Personally, I regard Catholics as the follower of Judas.

You may toss a Catholic a bag of coins to betray Jesus on or off these boards. But you can keep your bag of coins when it comes to me. Yeah, I know Jesus, now go grab you guards out the mob. And tell Cesar I said he can kick rocks.
Catholics are posers!

Old 02-24-2017, 01:38 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,267,323 times
Christians should oppose racism, every form of greed, selfishness, and vice,

We should work to provide for the orphaned, the needy, the abused, the aged, the helpless, and the sick.

Can't say that the Southern Baptists seem to be too good at those parts, or American Christians in general.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:53 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,910,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Christians should oppose racism, every form of greed, selfishness, and vice,

We should work to provide for the orphaned, the needy, the abused, the aged, the helpless, and the sick.

Can't say that the Southern Baptists seem to be too good at those parts, or American Christians in general.
That is because you are being dishonest in your evaluation.

I am sure you will call racism when a person of color is questioned on a policy that is in question, proclaim greed when people object to demands for money, accuse selfishness when help is not given to the lazy or dishonest, etc...

Everyone is a sinner, all fall short of the glory of God and none are worthy to judge another, but we both know you do not believe, you do not care, you are here to do the work of another, so run back into your hole, for you have been seen for your works.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,973,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I honestly can't believe he said that.
The bible says that non-belief is the one sin that can not be forgiven.
You're right. Pope Francis didn't tell people that it was okay to be an atheist, only that being a false Christian is tantamount to being a non-believer, since it is hypocritical to call yourself Catholic while knowingly sinning. Our new President, for example, is a false Christian. Nobody, even a Trump supporter, can possibly defend his boastfulness. He even interrupted a meeting of top business leaders to ask one of them to repeat a story about Trump's hole-in-one. During the campaign he even bragged that his wife is prettier than another candidate's wife. He can't stop talking about his wealth and how smart he is. He insults other people with harsh language. (He also lies all the time.) These are not Christian qualities.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,279,475 times
It's better to be an atheist than a good Christian too. It's better to be an atheist PERIOD.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:03 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,267,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
That is because you are being dishonest in your evaluation.

I am sure you will call racism when a person of color is questioned on a policy that is in question, proclaim greed when people object to demands for money, accuse selfishness when help is not given to the lazy or dishonest, etc...

Everyone is a sinner, all fall short of the glory of God and none are worthy to judge another, but we both know you do not believe, you do not care, you are here to do the work of another, so run back into your hole, for you have been seen for your works.
I was a Baptist for many years (British Baptist though, not Southern), my dad was a Minister. I've had those beliefs, and I've seen the hypocrisy. Christians, if following their own tenets, should be helping all the poor, even if they don't approve of them, should not be opposing help for needy families (so welfare, free school meals, affordable health care especially for children) but I see so many American Christians opposing those things. So-called Christians calling for the death penalty and making conditions worse in prisons. I know what your Christ would say to those Christians.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:12 PM

5,350 posts, read 4,450,946 times
So, if you want to discuss religion there is a forum for that. Go there.

This thread is now closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies