Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

This is just being mean..there is no reason for it. I don't smoke weed but really this administration just can't keep their slimy fingers out of anything
Quote:
Sean Spicer suggested Thursday that the Trump administration will enforce federal marijuana laws in states where recreational pot is legal. Trump administration takes aim at recreational marijuana | OregonLive.com
And Melissa McCarthy...I mean Sean Spicer claims they are doing this to fight opioid addiction
Quote:
"I think that when you see something like the opioid addiction crisis blossoming in so many states around this country," Spicer said, "the last thing that we should be doing is encouraging people."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 04:51 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Marijuana addiction is an actual problem I think. I know people in their late 20s and 30s who get stoned on a daily basis. That is a problem at that age. But it's a problem the way alcoholism is a problem. This is not something the government should be getting involved in, except for educating people and encouraging chronic abusers to go to rehab.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:55 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Marijuana addiction is an actual problem I think. I know people in their late 20s and 30s who get stoned on a daily basis. That is a problem at that age. But it's a problem the way alcoholism is a problem. This is not something the government should be getting involved in, except for educating people and encouraging chronic abusers to go to rehab.
Marijuana is not habit forming, and doesn't create a chemical dependency like alcohol, cigarettes or heroin or crack

Old 02-23-2017, 04:57 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
1. Why would he risk his already low popularity over something that's so popular with the public? In U.S., 58% Back Legal Marijuana Use | Gallup

2. Why did Spicer say medical marijuana is ok but recreational isn't? The federal government says marijuana has no medical uses (which I disagree with). So wouldn't accepting medical marijuana be selectively enforcing federal law as well?

3. This is will make Republicans and Trump even more unpopular with the millennial generation.

4. Republicans can forget about winning statewide elections in swing state Colorado and probably swing state Nevada (goodbye Dean Heller) as well for the foreseeable future if they go through with this.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:58 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Marijuana is not habit forming, and doesn't create a chemical dependency like alcohol, cigarettes or heroin or crack
What planet do you live on? Have you ever tried depriving a pot head of his/her pot? They'll do almost anything for it and I'm not talking for medical reasons. They're just as addicted as any tobacco user.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:00 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
It's about time they enforced the law. Recreational marijuana is nothing more than buying votes, and putting people in peril. Two good reasons for enforcement.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Red states have passed marijuana laws too and I don't see any restrictions on alcohol. I have never used marijuana and have no interest but I LOVE the tax revenue it has generated in Washington state. If Trump's brain was one 10th the size of his ego, he would impose a federal tax on marijuana call it good.

Pot shops have sold over $1 billion worth of non-medicinal marijuana since July 2014, in turn generating more than $250 million for Washington state through excise taxes, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported Friday.

Marijuana sales in Washington state top $1 billion: Report - Washington Times

Old 02-23-2017, 05:01 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
The military force will be the new jobs He was talking about... Police state. Watch..

Old 02-23-2017, 05:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
What planet do you live on? Have you ever tried depriving a pot head of his/her pot? They'll do almost anything for it and I'm not talking for medical reasons. They're just as addicted as any tobacco user.
Yet tobacco is legal because the South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This is just being mean..there is no reason for it. I don't smoke weed but really this administration just can't keep their slimy fingers out of anything

And Melissa McCarthy...I mean Sean Spicer claims they are doing this to fight opioid addiction
If he wants to go after opioid addiction, go after opioid pain relievers and the doctors that prescribe them with wild abandon. Marijuana is no different than alcohol, probably less addictive, but Trump the hair haired cheeto king has to cater to the right. Amazing how "states rights" works one day but doesn't the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The military force will be the new jobs He was talking about... Police state. Watch..
I don't doubt it one bit.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
BS. As someone who has gone through periods of my life where I smoked a lot, and then gone years without smoking, I will tell you that you are full of crap. I was also a cigarette smoker and it took me years, and five tries, to finally kick that habit. Pot is not physically addictive, and you can quit without any kind of physical withdrawals.

Here's a little tip for you since you appear to be totally ignorant on the subject--Reefer Madness was not a documentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies