Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I disagree with this. It is a lifestyle for many.
As is tobacco and alcohol.

I'm certainly not a fan of pot, and I don't advocate that people do it. But it being "habit forming" isn't a great reason to make it illegal.

Again, this is just a giant waste of time and resources. Let's freaking legalize it and be done with it. It's no more destructive than cigarettes or alcohol (if anything, those both could be argued as being worse).

Legalization will also help weaken the terrible and destructive drug cartels in Mexico (although they'll still exist to supply other drugs), and free up our federal resources to tackle more important issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 07:13 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,187,115 times
If the feds actually enforce the laws, Denver and the front range would crumble economically from all the people leaving.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:14 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,319 times
When a drug is illegal, children have equal access to it as adults, as long as they come up with the money.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Th courts is the proper place to address this, I wish them luck but I have to wonder how they will win such a battle. If the federal government can't govern weed that leaves open the door they can't govern any drug.

I do not see the language in the Constitution.... with alcohol being the precedent and the amendment it took to control it.(they soon realize it was a really bad idea. All the husbands were in jail and not paying the rent)
It caused too many single mothers struggling to make it.(wait?)

Old 02-23-2017, 07:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This is just being mean..there is no reason for it. I don't smoke weed but really this administration just can't keep their slimy fingers out of anything

And Melissa McCarthy...I mean Sean Spicer claims they are doing this to fight opioid addiction
I don't smoke either, and agree this is nonsense.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:32 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
I think Trump likes the idea of states rights except for when he doesn't like the idea of state rights?

Old 02-23-2017, 07:32 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
When a drug is illegal, children have equal access to it as adults, as long as they come up with the money.
Then charge the adults that allow access to it. It's no different than adults letting their kids have access to alcohol or guns. Don't blame the regulated producers of such products!!

But, wait?? Isn't Trump and his supporters ALL ABOUT States Rights? I guess it's only the RIGHTS that they deem convenient for them. Must be the Police State when it's something their supporters want

It's sounding more and more like a "Flim-Flam Agenda" ! While they preach de-regulate Financial Predatory lenders that led to collapse of economy just 9 years ago, deregulate gun sales so anyone can buy one regardless if on no fly list or being surveilled by undercover cops, or Straw purchasing of lethal weapons to be sold out of their trunks to felons/gangs/previous ones who have been deemed unfit.

Opioids are legal if Dr. prescribes... yet those very drugs can kill some if not taken properly according to Dr's prescribing reasons for diagnosed health issue. There should be very strict rules for filling such prescriptions.. We've had ID requirements here for almost 20 years. Limited amt's and all physicians are held accountable for prescribing too much and too easily to patients they have NO history on! It's helped but certainly hasn't stopped it.

Meanwhile, Faux script pills are being manufactured by Drug Dealers and sold on the street. They are unregulated..and usually full of fillers that can be deadly! People share their stashes of illicit drugs, and why do teens or young adults not get educated?? Young people are just that.. Kids, feel invincible..it'll never happen to me mentality!! This will not change any time soon! Education is the key.. however, politicians scream.. Don't believe it.. It's all FAKE ( as funded by drug manufacturers to force de-regulating) and especially young people don't believe what they area told.. then of course parents of similar ilk.. never think it will happen to them either. This applies to Gun Right Activists too!

Bottomline~ Marijuana is less addictive than alcohol , cigarettes and opioids HANDS DOWN!! It may be habitual like wanting your juice of choice or that special coffee you have every morning or some brand of anything that is only considered good! Take it AWAY~~ No one goes into WITHDRAWAL and required medical assistance!

Too much of anything ( including sugar, soda's,MacDonald burgers,Pizza ) can lead to health issues.. Diabetes and malnutrition for 2 examples!

Old 02-23-2017, 07:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think Trump likes the idea of states rights except for when he doesn't like the idea of state rights?
Well yeah. But he's not alone in this attitude, in fact it is quite common in the political arena, among folks of all persuasions. I know from personal experience that being consistent on this can be very difficult!

Old 02-23-2017, 07:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Bingo.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:46 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
As is tobacco and alcohol.

I'm certainly not a fan of pot, and I don't advocate that people do it. But it being "habit forming" isn't a great reason to make it illegal.

Again, this is just a giant waste of time and resources. Let's freaking legalize it and be done with it. It's no more destructive than cigarettes or alcohol (if anything, those both could be argued as being worse).

Legalization will also help weaken the terrible and destructive drug cartels in Mexico (although they'll still exist to supply other drugs), and free up our federal resources to tackle more important issues.

Oh no we are on the same page. I don't do it personally, but I am perfectly fine with others doing it. This is totally misguided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies