Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
They are for "red state" rights, not blue state rights.

You are confusing codified Federal law with an Obama directive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:04 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
I am a libertarian so I am fine with people putting whatever the want in their bodies. I am also for states rights and the states that have approved legalization of Marijuana should be allowed to do as the wish. I will be very disappointed if Trump pushes this issue as Spencer has stated.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:05 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
A pot smoker that says he smoked a "10 sack" a day, is no pot smoker. That really sounds like somebody who picked up some lingo from a bad ghetto movie and is trying to sound hip. EVEN if this crap is true, what kind of life is somebody leading when it and their relationships revolve around weed? Who does that? Sounds to me like there were other, deeply rooted psychological issues at play. Either that or the poster was 13 when he had his marijuana "addiction"

This is not the behavior of most people I know who use marijuana medically OR recreationally. Most are casual users 2 - 3 times a week. Even the heavy users I know don't smoke more than a joint or occasionally 2 a night. Then again, I don't know any adolescents.

Maybe Trump has buddies that own some private prisons. Lord knows, they LOVE draconian pot laws.

Here's where he was in early November: Where Donald Trump stands on weed legalization - Business Insider

Which I'll quote in part: "Recently, Trump has supported state's rights to choose how to legislate medical marijuana, but has not expressly called for legalization.

"In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state," Trump told The Washington Post. "… Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states."

He has also expressed support for medical marijuana, telling Bill O'Reilly in February that he's, "in favor of medical marijuana 100%."

How do you enforce federal law on one aspect of marijuana and ignore another?
This post is comedy gold. Seriously, what planet do you live on?

I'm 100% pro recreational marijuana. Hell, I'm 100% pro decriminalization of all drugs including heroin.
I'm just pointing out that weed is addictive because myself and a ****load of people I know have been addicted to it. To say that weed isn't addictive or habit forming is to deny reality. Stupid stoners justify their dependency by comparing weed to hard drugs or saying it's not as bad as alcohol. I agree, but you're still a drug addict

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...uana-addictive

Old 02-23-2017, 09:13 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am guessing you are leaving out some crucial details about your mental health or other things you may have been doing at the time. OR, you are lying about ever smoking it. There was this one time that I got high on weed and made love to an old man and his dog, but other than that, weed has never been an issue

I respect your opinion

Old 02-23-2017, 09:19 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This is just being mean..there is no reason for it. I don't smoke weed but really this administration just can't keep their slimy fingers out of anything

And Melissa McCarthy...I mean Sean Spicer claims they are doing this to fight opioid addiction
It's just cruel to take drugs away!

People will do it whether it's legal or not.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:27 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Former pothead here

Thanks for the laugh

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's habit forming being that 1 in 4 people that smoke weed habitually smoke it. I smoked a 10 sack a day for almost a decade. Once I quit, it was easy to stay away from, but quitting weed was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. Add to this the fact that I lost a lot of friends in the process. One thing that you'll find about quitting weed is how many drug based relationships you have. It's crazy when I look back and see what most of those people are doing these days. Most of them still burn all day and work dead end jobs. It's like groundhogs day for some of these poor saps.

Anyways......no, just no man LOL
Maybe you just have an addicted personality or something. I know quitting cigarettes was the hardest thing I've even done. But I also know people who decided to quit cigarettes and it was no big deal to them. Almost every I know smokes pot on a daily basis....and I'm not talking about people in dead end jobs. These are professionals, some who make a quarter a million and more each year. They do it for relaxation just as someone else may have a drink. And I also know when some were looking for a job they refrained from smoking so they could pass a drug test if needed. It wasn't a problem for them. So you may think it's addicting from your experience but I've never know anyone who had a problem giving it up.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Your description of exercise as something on which "weak-minded" people become psychologically dependent, loses me completely. Why did you need to toss in such a ridiculous premise and sabotage your whole argument?
Ok-agree. Sorry for the confusion. Bad wording. I know addictive personality types who have, in fact, become addicted to exercise such as running. So does the addictive aspect of it automatically make it a bad thing? Point is, addiction is all relative and does not automatically mean something is bad. Running can be bad for some if it wrecks one's knees, joints, etc. or becomes an obsession.

Conversely, many people smoke marijuana and handle it just fine. They simply prefer it over alcohol to relax, and this 'evil weed' thing just reminds me of narrow-minded views of old. I remember studying for exams in college and marijuana actually helped to focus on material I might ordinarily find tedious.

This one size fits all judgmental view of things like marijuana are obnoxious.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Looks like the check from Big Pharma cleared.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Waste of resources. This has Sessions fingerprints on it. The only issue I had with sessions is that he is an idiot when it comes to marijuana.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 PM

981 posts, read 900,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Please stop your blathering. Habit.... addiction... two different things. now away with your nonsense.

Why dont you go ask a psychiatrist? Not exactly blathering and nonsense, check the DSM 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies