Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times

Advertisements

It would be nice to see it legalized nationally, but I don't see it happening. Specially interest groups, especially the religious right, oppose it too strongly. I think you could get a legalization bill through the House but the Senate would be a lot more difficult. My guess is we will soon be going back to nationwide prohibition. Next time Democrats control all three branches of government, we can talk about legalizing again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
There is a far cry from "Trump administration will enforce federal marijuana laws in states where recreational pot is legal"
and what is actually being said:
Sean Spicer suggested Thursday that the Trump administration will enforce federal marijuana laws in states where recreational pot is legal.
At a White House press briefing, a reporter asked the White House press secretary how the Trump administration will differ from the Obama administration when it comes to the "state/federal conflict" over recreational marijuana.

Still, Spicer said, "There is still a federal law that we need to abide by...when it comes to recreational marijuana and other drugs of that nature."
As far as what that will mean, Spicer said that is "something that the Department of Justice I think will be further looking into."
"I do believe that you'll see greater enforcement of it,"

And this is why leftist rhetoric is not taken seriously.

Last edited by 2mares; 02-24-2017 at 10:34 AM..

Old 02-24-2017, 09:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
States should decide it's not their business to say a person can't have a plant.

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This is just being mean..there is no reason for it. I don't smoke weed but really this administration just can't keep their slimy fingers out of anything

And Melissa McCarthy...I mean Sean Spicer claims they are doing this to fight opioid addiction
It is about power and fear, nothing more nothing less. Bannon wants to put fear into each and every group he can. His entire plan requires people be afraid of him. He is toast as soon as trump figures out Bannon is the whole reason his popularity is so low. If Trump dumped his alt right buddies he could get to normal numbers in no time.

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Just say no to cannabalis

Old 02-24-2017, 09:59 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
But...but....alcohol is worse

It's addictive. If it wasn't, you wouldn't feel like **** or lose your mind when you quit after long periods of heavy use.

No, it's not as physically addictive as booze, crack, or heroin; however, it is in fact incredibly habit forming. Nobody would smoke their paycheck away to get it if it wasn't.

I remember when my attitude toward pot was like yours. That all ended when I finally grew up and realized that I was full of ****and merely justifying my addiction.

I have absolutely no problem with legalized marijuana, but to say that it's not addictive is beyond retarded with the amount of evidence that exists in society.

A drug is a drug is a drug....Class dismissed
Nothing worse than a reformed drunk (pothead). Maybe you feel you won't be able to stay on the wagon if there were a pot store on the corner?

Not everyone that uses marijuana smokes every day. Some people enjoy a puff or two on the weekends whilst they watch a movie or have friends over.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:00 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
We have bigger fish to fry than chasing pot smokers.
Although a pot smoker might try to chase down some fried fish.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:04 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Red states have passed marijuana laws too and I don't see any restrictions on alcohol. I have never used marijuana and have no interest but I LOVE the tax revenue it has generated in Washington state. If Trump's brain was one 10th the size of his ego, he would impose a federal tax on marijuana call it good.

Pot shops have sold over $1 billion worth of non-medicinal marijuana since July 2014, in turn generating more than $250 million for Washington state through excise taxes, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported Friday.

Marijuana sales in Washington state top $1 billion: Report - Washington Times
If Trumsp brain was one tenth the size of his ego we would have warp drives and teleporters.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:04 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
End the war on drugs. We're losing it, badly.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:10 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
I thought conservatives hated "big government?" yet they're okay with the feds coming in and overriding state laws that THE PEOPLE voted on?

There are 18,000 jobs in Colorado alone in the legal marijuana industry, over $45 MILLION in tax revenues go straight to colorado public schools.

How can Trump interfering with this system bring ANY good? You really want to waste tens of millions of dollars enforcing federal laws to bust people for petty marijuana possession? DOESN'T TRUMP HAVE A WALL TO PAY FOR? And some of you folks are concerned about people smoking a little pot?!?!

I'd really like to hear some arguments from a conservative on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies