Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:01 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times

Advertisements

So this is what it is like living under an authoritarian dictatorship It is terrifying.

I dunno, I've been sleeping like a baby since Trump got elected.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:07 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartIndee View Post
I am truly terrified and pretty sad about Trump and his team acting like tyrants especially with the Press. Any dissent or opposing viewpoints are de legitimized. Any news he does not agree with he called fake news. H he is trying to control the Press and people's minds and take control of the media so he can suppress the people of this country. But it was quite clear that Steve Bannon is there real one in charge and Trump is acting like a clown so that Steve Bannon can do what he wants and run rampant. Bannon and Trump are fascists and a danger to America. Steve Bannon even admitted he wanted to destroy everything and that is deeply concerning. If we allow Trump and Banon to continue they will destroy America and everything that is American and in the Constitution and soon even that will be gone.
I'm relaxed as hell. Frankly, I'm enjoying all the meltdowns. I'm also enjoying all of the hysteria at literally everything Trump says or does, or doesn't do, or doesn't say. CNN is now full time, 24/7 Trump 5 alarm meltdown time. I also know this will condition the public to tune it out. In fact, I'd wager it's already happening, just over 30 days into his Presidency. People today have short attention spans. It's both a blessing and a curse.

I also know a lot of us are more optimistic about the future than we were before (see, for example, the stock market, the companies announcing hiring plans, etc.). I'd relax a little, but I realize you probably can't.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:10 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Fake News!

Actually, the majority did not vote for Trump. Only 62 million out of 320 million voted for him, and Hillary beat him by a record 3 million votes.

The majority of the people in this country hate Trump. Your viewpoints are not the norm, they're just the most dangerous and vocal.
But he still occupies the White House. We don't elect Presidents by majority vote. I find it hard to believe that Hillary Clinton didn't know this while campaigning.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This is what the Berkeley riots looked like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwzffeICkP8

The sort of riots in Berkeley occur at many of these leftist "protests." The fact that not every single one of these protests has violence doesn't mean that most of these leftist protests are peaceful. Most of them are anything but peaceful. Trump only used words. The leftist protestors severely beat people in the streets, they set fires, destroy property, assault people with bricks and rocks, pepper spray people, drag people from their cars and beat them when they beg for mercy, and they set a woman on fire at the women's march. The people all of these supposedly peaceful leftists are violently attacking are unarmed and not doing anything to the rioting leftists. It's disingenuous and an outright lie to say leftists are the peaceful ones and Trump is being authoritarian and divisive.
But using certain words can instill violence and intolerance. At cpac, they chanted lock her up and Trump just ate it up. What president does that. He is supposed to be the president of all of us not just his base. But he has yet to reach out. He condemns and ridicules protesters saying they are liberal activists. A president should recognize their concerns and address it instead of belittling them.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:28 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
So some say Trump is a dictator. Oh, good grief! We just had Obama for eight long years, and some of you are thinking that President Trump is a dictator??? This is what's so sad here. Trump is trying hard to save this country, and there is no Russian influence, so quit it with the false narratives. I suggest you go back and look at the crap we've been through the last eight years prior, seeing our country being dismantled by someone that didn't really like America. That is what I don't want to see again.

President Trump is just trying to bring order back to America. We should all be relieved.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:48 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
So some say Trump is a dictator. Oh, good grief! We just had Obama for eight long years, and some of you are thinking that President Trump is a dictator??? This is what's so sad here. Trump is trying hard to save this country, and there is no Russian influence, so quit it with the false narratives. I suggest you go back and look at the crap we've been through the last eight years prior, seeing our country being dismantled by someone that didn't really like America. That is what I don't want to see again.

President Trump is just trying to bring order back to America. We should all be relieved.
Save our country from what...terrorists from other countries. Since 911, there have been 94 killed by these terrorists. How about we compare that number to the daily killings we see every day by americans who have guns. If Trump wants to bring order back then he should be for gun restrictions.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:53 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Didn't the National Enquirer accurately break the John Edwards love child story? I know it was a tabloid.

Do you have a copy of the "dictators handbook"? If so, I'd like to read it and compare it to Saul Alinsky's rules for radicals, because we spent the last 8 years under one of his disciples.
Who needs those when, thanks to the lawsuit against so-called President's so-called Trump 'University', the public can see for themselves his entire 'Sales Playbook'?:

Quote:
Former employees and students of Trump University, Donald Trump’s now-defunct, unaccredited clearinghouse for real estate courses, declared the business a scam in testimony released as part of a class-action lawsuit. In the sworn testimony recently unsealed by U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, two former employees described Trump University as a get-rich-quick scheme orchestrated by the reality TV star at the expense of the financially unsavvy. ...
"1. Trump U salespeople encouraged students to put tuition on credit cards and open new credit cards if they were already maxed out. ... We teach the techniques of using OPM (Other People's Money) ...

2. Trump’s distrust of the media extended to his businesses. Trump U salespeople were told not to talk to reporters under any circumstances. “Reporters are rarely on your side and they are not sympathetic.” ...

3. Trump U salespeople were told to encourage prospective buyers to take money from their retirement savings to pay for Trump U courses. “Money is never a reason for not enrolling in Trump University; if they really believe in you and your product, they will find the money,” one playbook says. ...

5. In 2007, Trump U salespeople were instructed to tell potential buyers they didn’t expect a major downturn in the housing market. The housing market crashed in 2008. ..."

The Most Shocking Parts of the Trump University

Who knew he'd use the same techniques on an unsuspecting American people to get the Republican nomination, then the Presidency, & would continue to use after being inaugurated?

Who knew he'd attempt to use OPM (American People's TaxMoney) & the office of the Presidency itself to enrich himself?

2010 Playbook:
http://static.politico.com/25/88/783...y-playbook.pdf

Old 02-26-2017, 05:06 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Who needs those when, thanks to the lawsuit against so-called President's so-called Trump 'University', the public can see for themselves his entire 'Sales Playbook'?:

"1. Trump U salespeople encouraged students to put tuition on credit cards and open new credit cards if they were already maxed out. ... We teach the techniques of using OPM (Other People's Money) ...

2. Trump’s distrust of the media extended to his businesses. Trump U salespeople were told not to talk to reporters under any circumstances. “Reporters are rarely on your side and they are not sympathetic.” ...

3. Trump U salespeople were told to encourage prospective buyers to take money from their retirement savings to pay for Trump U courses. “Money is never a reason for not enrolling in Trump University; if they really believe in you and your product, they will find the money,” one playbook says. ...

5. In 2007, Trump U salespeople were instructed to tell potential buyers they didn’t expect a major downturn in the housing market. The housing market crashed in 2008. ..."

The Most Shocking Parts of the Trump University

Who knew he'd use the same techniques on an unsuspecting American people to get the Republican nomination, then the Presidency, & know continues to use after being inaugurated?

Who knew he'd attempt to use OPM (American People's TaxMoney) & the office of the Presidency itself to enrich himself?
Using Other People's Money has always been Trump's approach. The twists he adds is to claim it as his own.

Trump used a questionable tax strategy to claim the bankruptcy losses of others as his own in order to avoid paying federal income taxes for over a decade.

He used OPM to pay for his campaign, using donations to pay his own organization for his plane and hotel/meal expenses for his entourage.

He used OPM to fund his foundation, then used foundation money to bribe the Florida AG, get himself out of legal trouble, buy sports memorabilia and giant portraits of himself...

Trump carried on about using OPM, specifically, Mexico's to pay for his wall. That's not going to happen, so the latest plan is to use taxpayer's money to build the wall and slap a tariff on imports from Mexico, thus getting American consumers to pay for the wall.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
So glad dictator Obama with his mandates and pen and telephone got ousted out of office by the Trump Train. Hildarelic got run over.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
OP says

United States = North Korea

Why is anyone taking this topic seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies