Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:54 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Doubt it.

I am in it for the entertainment value. Liberals pulling out handfuls of hair is comedy gold.
I give you credit for not denying where your nose is planted.

Carry on.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:54 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
We playing with strange fire-- the congress is too quiet- and some are under some bewitching spell-- God have mercy on America-
There was a list of news media not allowed in--and there must be opposing thoughts. then he got on TV and said the press was the enemy- People really? what is wrong with you?? he is bullying the free press- making them non-effect in front of Americans. Wonder how the kids are thinking about this---They are destroying some fundamental American rights and our way of life...

barred:
The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Politico, BuzzFeed, the BBC and the Guardian

Old 02-24-2017, 06:57 PM

19,777 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Rise up..

Wise up..

Old 02-24-2017, 07:05 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
As a result of this post, I immediately subscribed to The New York Times.

If you think Breitbart is pure news, your world view is extremely limited. And by the way, it's "I couldn't care less." If you could care less, that means you do care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Why should the President continue to support failing old media institutions who attack him constantly and are basically a propaganda arm of the Democrat party. Fox just crushes cnn and mscnb all the time, the new york times is just in total decline, I have had NYT stock since 2000 when it was around 40 -50 a share, its probably heading back to single digits, their numbers are terrible.

La times owners ,tribune media, are in a free fall as well , technological changes , loss of circulation to new media ,declining revenues. Why should the president help these losers, I would ban them for good.

Breitbart is one of the most most trafficked pure news websites in America, beats out Washington post , LA times. I just wish drudge report would stop sending traffic to NY times, CNN,etc. They deserve their decline, we need a new media to replace this old media mediocrity . Drudge report is my home page, I could care less if they ever linked to CNN again unless its something major cnn breaks, which is very rare.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
But Breitbart is cool, right?
Quote:
Don't give a crap about Breitbart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We playing with strange fire-- the congress is too quiet- and some are under some bewitching spell-- God have mercy on America-
There was a list of news media not allowed in--and there must be opposing thoughts. then he got on TV and said the press was the enemy- People really? what is wrong with you?? he is bullying the free press- making them non-effect in front of Americans. Wonder how the kids are thinking about this---They are destroying some fundamental American rights and our way of life...

barred:
The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Politico, BuzzFeed, the BBC and the Guardian
I don't have a problem with it at all. If they can't do unbiased coverage and be honest then they don't deserve to be let in. I don't see CBS, ABC, and NBC on the list....why do you need the NY Times? Because they write biased articles that tell you what you want to hear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
As a result of this post, I immediately subscribed to The New York Times.

If you think Breitbart is pure news, your world view is extremely limited. And by the way, it's "I couldn't care less." If you could care less, that means you do care.
That's fine...you can add yourself to the ranks of uninformed Americans.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:08 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
So Putin's useful idiot puppet--Mr. Tiny Hands Emperor Trump--has now banned the free press from simply asking him questions, and furthermore, this administration has started to pressure the FBI in order to prevent it from simply doing its job, like investigating the connection between this administration and its Russian influence. You can not write a novel better than this epic fiasco. I'd never thought I'd see the day when the United States, who purportedly stands for freedom and democracy, has been turned into a state like Venezuela, North Korea, or the like. Ironic, considering the fact that Americans themselves love to point to those kinds of states as being 'failed' examples of authoritarian regimes.
You are more than welcomed to see how the freedoms are in Uzbekistan...

Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Surely as terrifying when o spied on the press

Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Park your paranoia.

Every administration has tried to influence the various different agencies.

Sheesh.

But what I like best is watching liberals writh in virtual pain and horror and shock over every perceived outrage coming from Trump.

I would pay to see this daily occurrence.
And there we have it. You don't care that we have the most corrupt, dishonest, incompetent, authoritarian regime in American history. You are happy to watch the country be destroyed just so you can get some joy out of watching people you hate express their dismay at the ongoing trainwreck.

It's sad and it's sick.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:13 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Presidents should relish the fact that the fourth estate holds them accountable. It's why our system works. To pick and choose who you want to cover you indicates you can't hold up to scrutiny. God forbid Donald Trump has to answer difficult questions from people who don't agree with him. Every president in our history had to. So should he.
I agree. Trump needs to stop attacking people in the press and intelligence community and FBI if he's going to ever get normalcy in his presidency. He can respond to things he feels are wrong in a mature fashion, but calling them the enemy or incompetent is not going to help this nation. Maybe they will always treat him badly, but he just plays into their hands this way.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:16 PM

138 posts, read 168,942 times
For anyone who cares to use Google and spend a little time doing some research, it's pretty well established that the more educated and intelligent you are the more likely you are to be "liberal". It's pretty easy to understand why. Education and understanding the bigger picture lead to much different conclusions than narrow minded thinking. If you're someone who truly believes Trump and just parrots what he says, why don't you do your own research and come to your own conclusions. Educate yourself. And a little fyi, don't believe everything you read whether it's from a conservative or liberal source. Form your own conclusions based on knowledge and multiple sources, etc. That's called intelligence. Now, having said all that, I'm really starting to get tired of idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies