Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:22 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,991 times

Advertisements

He's done the whole "Go away, fake news!" press conferences thing twice now. It was entertaining the 1st time and only mildly entertaining the 2nd time. Will he try to pull it off a 3rd time? I hope not. Same with a lot of his other stunts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 09:26 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Oh yes, he is. Just watch. He's going to fall into one of two camps, Hubert Humphrey or Richard Nixon. Both were colossal failures, both were Republican. I seriously doubt he'll make it past one term. The only thing I agree with is his deportation policy. Outside of that, he is terrible everywhere else

Old 02-24-2017, 09:30 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,968,022 times
I was a bit optimistic when he won. But I'm just tired of him. It appears you're trending that way OP.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:32 PM

9,994 posts, read 5,698,174 times
He'll do it as long as it entertains his base. Hopefully they'll get bored with it sooner rather than later and maybe he'll start governing instead of campaigning. On the latter point, I don't have high hopes.

That said I think it's too simple to call him a "one trick pony." He has already faced several major policy issues head-on and seems very dedicated to seeing them enacted. If he can ever focus his energy on doing that instead of burning bridges that are already scorched to ashes and punching back at everyone who slights him in any way, he could well be very effective at pushing them through.

Last edited by Bitey; 02-24-2017 at 10:04 PM..

Old 02-24-2017, 09:34 PM

26,658 posts, read 28,718,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh yes, he is. Just watch. He's going to fall into one of two camps, Hubert Humphrey or Richard Nixon. Both were colossal failures, both were Republican. I seriously doubt he'll make it past one term. The only thing I agree with is his deportation policy. Outside of that, he is terrible everywhere else
I feel this way too. I think he'll probably make it through one term although it's going to be a difficult ride.
The only thing I agree with is the deportation policy because that is fair. They broke our laws. But his other policies are mostly mean spirited and set up so he and his pals can make money or to stoke his ego.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:42 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
He's done the whole "Go away, fake news!" press conferences thing twice now. It was entertaining the 1st time and only mildly entertaining the 2nd time. Will he try to pull it off a 3rd time? I hope not. Same with a lot of his other stunts.
Trump seems to be a blank slate who spends countless hours of watching cable news networks and being inspired by it to send federal troops into Chicago. He is another Reagan who his handlers can get to do anything they want. He already waffled on negotiating pharmaceutical prices after talking to the industry executives, talking about foreign monopolies taking advantage of the US and how a monopoly like Medicare shouldn’t be dictating prices to the free market. He seems to be just like his constituency, low information voters watching nothing but hours of cable news everyday, shaking their fists and yelling at the tube.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I feel this way too. I think he'll probably make it through one term although it's going to be a difficult ride.
The only thing I agree with is the deportation policy because that is fair. They broke our laws. But his other policies are mostly mean spirited and set up so he and his pals can make money or to stoke his ego.
I think a lot of Democrats also support his deportation policy, it's literally expanding upon what Obama started, but the Democrats with their stupid identity politics as usual, have to seem like they oppose Trump 100%. Agreeing with Trump on ONE policy area doesn't mean capitulation or weakness.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
He is thin skinned and won't let things go.

This will continue for another month.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Trump seems to be a blank slate who spends countless hours of watching cable news networks and being inspired by it to send federal troops into Chicago. He is another Reagan who his handlers can get to do anything they want. He already waffled on negotiating pharmaceutical prices after talking to the industry executives, talking about foreign monopolies taking advantage of the US and how a monopoly like Medicare shouldn’t be dictating prices to the free market. He seems to be just like his constituency, low information voters watching nothing but hours of cable news everyday, shaking their fists and yelling at the tube.
The prob;em is not so much Trump himself, it's that the party that is behind him is diametrically opposed to Trump's populist positions. In the end, the GOP is going to get away with murder, and Trump will fall on his own sword for Paul Ryan's sake. Trump is not, and never will be, calling the shots. That's Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. When they say jump, Trump says how high? Everybody keeps fixating on Trump's idiocy, when it's Ryan and McConnell that are salivating at the mouth to destroy Medicare and Social Security, and for all those poor white Appalachians, their healthcare that they never would have gotten under McCain or Romney

Old 02-24-2017, 09:49 PM

26,658 posts, read 28,718,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think a lot of Democrats also support his deportation policy, it's literally expanding upon what Obama started, but the Democrats with their stupid identity politics as usual, have to seem like they oppose Trump 100%. Agreeing with Trump on ONE policy area doesn't mean capitulation or weakness.
I listen to a call in radio program here in MA and hardly anyone who calls in wants illegals. And this is supposed to be such a blue, Democratic state. These are Democrats calling in. People I know who are Democrats are against illegals because it's just plain unfair and it's against the law. I had to pay and sponsor my husband and wait to get him here. I had to promise that he would take no public benefits for five years, and so on and so forth. Why do illegals have more rights than a good, vetted, decent human being who respects our laws!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies