Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 09:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
The S&P 500 has increased more since Trump's election than after any other President. Trump supporters who are equity heavy are laughing really really hard right now.....all the way to the bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Enjoy it while you can. Things change...
Yep. I remember last summer when the left was so sure that the U.K. would vote to stay in the EU and when they voted to leave the liberal media freaked acting as if the world was coming to an end. People who listened and allowed their emotions to control their decisions lost money because they sold. I bought in and made a nice chunk of change.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:09 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

I personally was just afraid he would ruin the Republican party, and he did.
Nonsense. The Republican party was already in chaos. Trump didn't win because he was on the GOP ticket, he won because voters decided the country needed real change, so much so that they were willing to take a chance on Trump. Many voters felt (and still do) that Trump may be a crap shoot, but Hillary would be a guaranteed bullseye to ruination.

Both parties have thankfully been put on notice....time to evolve.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:21 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I was reading most of these. And I said to myself after watching several news shows or at least listening while doing chores, and honestly- we better stop the bickering for at least a month and pay attention!!! I see a lot of smoke and mirrors, getting people riled up over stupid stuff, while the rug is being pulled out from under all of us.
The gov's are at dinner, tomorrow a meeting... From what they are saying, forget your party, you will be affected one way or another. Some will lose ins, Medicaid on the chopping block, he wants to stop giving states funding for many reasons. To be clear, his personal thing is to make money. Maybe none of this for himself, but we are going to be ripped of our few comforts to pay the debts. Cut cut cut except in military and fed police. Cut the other countries perks, illegal perks, medical perks, possibly restructure S/Sec.-IRS - ACA- education, and trade. So one day it may all balance out, but the next few years,,, yea better get that surgery n hide some gold in your belly... It's going to get rough. For us working people!

Old 02-26-2017, 09:33 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I was reading most of these. And I said to myself after watching several news shows or at least listening while doing chores, and honestly- we better stop the bickering for at least a month and pay attention!!! I see a lot of smoke and mirrors, getting people riled up over stupid stuff, while the rug is being pulled out from under all of us.
The gov's are at dinner, tomorrow a meeting... From what they are saying, forget your party, you will be affected one way or another. Some will lose ins, Medicaid on the chopping block, he wants to stop giving states funding for many reasons. To be clear, his personal thing is to make money. Maybe none of this for himself, but we are going to be ripped of our few comforts to pay the debts. Cut cut cut except in military and fed police. Cut the other countries perks, illegal perks, medical perks, possibly restructure S/Sec.-IRS - ACA- education, and trade. So one day it may all balance out, but the next few years,,, yea better get that surgery n hide some gold in your belly... It's going to get rough. For us working people!
Medicaid is not on the chopping block. Also, it's going to get rough for working people? Where have you been the last 20 years, the middle class has been getting crushed. If anything we should benefit with lower taxes and higher paying jobs returning. C'mon try to keep up.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:07 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
hmm, calling half of Trump supporters deplorable, calling them racist, bigots misogynist etc... only in the liberal book is that not hate. Is this your version of love and peace? And then you call the other party haters wow!

Step back and take a look in the mirror. And what is wrong with America first anyway? Who said we are supposed to be responsible for the world?
You aren't hearing what I am saying. Trump and the administration are racist and bigots. At what point do you separate yourself and stand up against this? We may disagree on policies, I would hope both sides can agree that America is a place for everyone.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:21 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quotes that resonated with me:

"I am socially very liberal. I am fiscally very conservative. I don't feel I have a party — never have. I grew up in a more socially conservative time and picked the "lesser of two evils" during elections. Now, the more socially liberal side supports bigger governments, more aid and support, and that money has to come from somewhere. I see what's deducted from my check each week. I'm OK with never being rich, but I'd like more security, and that doesn't come from more government spending."

"Stop calling us racists. Stop calling us idiots. We aren't. Listen to us when we try to tell you why we aren't. Oh, and stop making fun of us."

"I'd love to see one-tenth of the outrage about the state of our lives out here that you have for Muslims from another country. You have no idea what our lives are like."

"I'm angry that they're so outraged now but were never outraged over an existing terrible system."

"I'd like to also add that the demonization of Trump by calling him and his supporters Nazis, KKK, white supremacists, fascists, etc., works very well in entrenching Trump supporters on his side. These attacks are counter-factual, and, in my opinion, very helpful to Trump."

"There is something hypocritical about the left saying they are uniters, not dividers, they are inclusive, and then excluding half the population with comments on intelligence and irrelevance in the modern world."

"Give us a better option, and we'll be happy. But it needs to be a moderate — Sanders won't win."

"I'm socially very liberal. If he were to do something like restart a war on drugs, try to restrict rights of LGBT, or make first-trimester abortions difficult or dangerous, I'd rethink my position. I think these type of things are extremely unlikely, though, especially with an election a few years away, the country as a whole becoming more socially liberal."

YUP.

Very interesting read. I would like to see something similar done with Hillary voters/supporters.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:25 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Altman quotes from the last year...

Another hypocrite. Trump is evil. Trump is Hitler. Blah blah.
At least he went out to meet Trump supporters and listen to their opinions in a non-condescending way. I really respect that.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:27 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I found this fascinating. I hope we can move to discussions instead of name calling. What I found most glaring, and have noticed this on the CD forum is that Trump supporters feel attacked, and have for a long time. In this new era the name calling and divisiveness is becoming the norm. I hope we can change that.

Sam Altman: Here's what I learned interviewing 100 Trump supporters - Business Insider
The only way things change is if we divorce each other. The right and left are never going to come together. It will be open warfare until we divorce or the country collapses.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:28 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Quotes that resonated with me:

"I am socially very liberal. I am fiscally very conservative. I don't feel I have a party — never have. I grew up in a more socially conservative time and picked the "lesser of two evils" during elections. Now, the more socially liberal side supports bigger governments, more aid and support, and that money has to come from somewhere. I see what's deducted from my check each week. I'm OK with never being rich, but I'd like more security, and that doesn't come from more government spending."

"Stop calling us racists. Stop calling us idiots. We aren't. Listen to us when we try to tell you why we aren't. Oh, and stop making fun of us."

"I'd love to see one-tenth of the outrage about the state of our lives out here that you have for Muslims from another country. You have no idea what our lives are like."

"I'm angry that they're so outraged now but were never outraged over an existing terrible system."

"I'd like to also add that the demonization of Trump by calling him and his supporters Nazis, KKK, white supremacists, fascists, etc., works very well in entrenching Trump supporters on his side. These attacks are counter-factual, and, in my opinion, very helpful to Trump."

"There is something hypocritical about the left saying they are uniters, not dividers, they are inclusive, and then excluding half the population with comments on intelligence and irrelevance in the modern world."

"Give us a better option, and we'll be happy. But it needs to be a moderate — Sanders won't win."

"I'm socially very liberal. If he were to do something like restart a war on drugs, try to restrict rights of LGBT, or make first-trimester abortions difficult or dangerous, I'd rethink my position. I think these type of things are extremely unlikely, though, especially with an election a few years away, the country as a whole becoming more socially liberal."

YUP.

Very interesting read. I would like to see something similar done with Hillary voters/supporters.
Oh that would be great!

Old 02-26-2017, 10:30 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Someone steps up and says that out loud, I forgive them. Already have done so more than once, in fact. Pretty much the way if someone who was a thief takes responsibility for their actions and changes their ways.

But just because a few Trumplings see the light and publicly acknowledge the harm they've done to this country, I'm not going to stop calling the whole group morons, any more than I'm going to stop saying thieves are dishonest. If the snowflakes don't like it, I don't give a damn. That's their problem. You do something like that, you damned well should feel ashamed. Ask for forgiveness, I'll forgive you. Until then, you're a moron.

I mean, what are they going to do? Vote for him again just to get even? Even Trumplings aren't that.... mmm.... well.... OK, I probably need to consider that a little more.
I don't want your "forgiveness" for having a different opinion. I really don't give a f*** what you think. Deal with the president you have and vote against him next time. That's all you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies