Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:59 PM

153 posts, read 115,534 times

Advertisements

https://melmagazine.com/meet-the-lea...e89#.qbc6t1p28

Quote:
Meet the Leader of the #SwoleLeft

These liberal guys are weightlifting so they can be strong enough to fight Nazis

At 6-foot-2, with 217 pounds of hulking muscle, Poncho Martinez made for an imposing serf, dressed like a literal peasant — leather arm bracers over a baggy, cotton worker’s shirt — for last October’s Medieval Festival in Manhattan. He had spent the last year powerlifting, adding more than 20 pounds of muscle and transforming his frame from “doughy” to swole — a daunting physical presence that proved useful in the altercation he was about to witness.

As Martinez and his girlfriend stepped onto the downtown A-train, they noticed a “big burly man screaming homophobic invective at a tiny, skinny gay kid.”
“Don’t look at me or I’ll **** you up!” the guy yelled at the teenager.
Without speaking, Martinez and his girlfriend sprang to the boy’s defense. She went to the boy’s side, speaking to him as if he were an old friend, while Martinez stood beside them and stared down the harasser, rendering the man silent and causing him to sit down. The man eventually left the train without incident, but Martinez remained unnerved by the experience. It was the first time he had witnessed someone “directly threatening someone else” in his five years in New York City.
No better reason to get in shape than beating the crap out of a nazi.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:08 AM

9,168 posts, read 5,841,200 times
Cool! Libs vs. Nazis. Should be on pay-per-view.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:12 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,161,681 times
The tolerant left. Too bad there aren't any nazis left to punch.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:24 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,455,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
These people might disagree:

American Nazi Party

Old 02-26-2017, 01:42 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,797,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Not many Nazis, but plenty of people for leftists to label Nazis in an attempt to justify violent attacks.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:02 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,666,924 times
Goodness.

Poncho sounds like a very well meaning and principled - yet deeply troubled and conflicted - individual. I see much overreaction here. It doesn't need to get to this point at all.

Look, I sorta see somewhat where he's going with this, and I like what he and his GF did to help the kid on the train. But, ya know, you don't need to take it to this extreme, and when someone does take it there I find it it unsettling. I'm 6'4", north of 230, very comfortable handling myself, and have yet to the meet the neighborhood that I'm afraid to walk through at 3 AM. Spent time in New York, Chicago, St. Louis, bad parts of LA and Oakland, and never worried about it. Because to me, it's just life. You know who you are and what you're capable of, what you're comfortable with, what you can handle and what you can not handle... and if you have some doubts about whether you can handle it, you just leave it be, and go somewhere else. You don't "swole yourself up" so that you can handle something that is outside of your experience/comfort level.

One of the reasons I've always felt comfortable in neighborhoods that others might have found dangerous was because I never felt a need to put myself into neighborhoods or other situations just for the sake of proving myself. If I felt comfortable leaving the party to buy some Gatorade at 2 in the morning in the bad parts of North Hollywood, then I would just do it. If I didn't, then I wouldn't. I wouldn't go through the whole thought process of imagining how many bad guys were out there that I might have to fight my way through. That's stupid, and frankly it sounds like that's the way this guy is thinking. I don't like that, and i think it's just asking for trouble that you don't really need.

Like I say, good for him and girlfriend that they looked out for the vulnerable kid. Major props for that. But, the rest of it? Jesus, man, lighten up and let life come to you as it is. Ease up a bit, bro.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:18 AM

1,478 posts, read 793,709 times
Let's point this out that the setting for this public altercation of Nazis brazenly harassing skinny homosexual males was in New York City and not Milwaukee. I'm mulatto and not particularly big. The last time I recall seeing a white bald headed Nazi in this city was in the 1980s. And that was an extremely rare sighting for me even back then. I saw the dude downtown in convertible car with the hood dropped down. He was a massive figure.

Anyways, that was it.

I think I have far more to be worried about from other black males in Milwaukee, who supported Obama and Hillary, than from some invasion of Nazis. Didn't some little black girl in Houston just get shot to death in some car accident? Did a white Nazi squeeze the trigger of the gun? Possible, but I'm going with the odds it was a black dude younger than a Baby Boomer.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:22 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,400,217 times
How would one know the skinny kid on the train was gay? Do gay kids wear signs now? Has NY resorted to making gays wear signs?

Seriously NYers wasn't Stop and Frisk bad enough but now gays have to wear signs?

Old 02-26-2017, 03:51 AM

1,478 posts, read 793,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How would one know the skinny kid on the train was gay? Do gay kids wear signs now? Has NY resorted to making gays wear signs?

Seriously NYers wasn't Stop and Frisk bad enough but now gays have to wear signs?
Lol. Truth.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:57 AM

37,184 posts, read 42,381,270 times
I don't believe the train story. Sorry.
"swole"...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies