Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 03:35 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,349,541 times

Advertisements

Bottom line is that these two people are rednecks with a terminal case of DUMBASS

Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,159,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I suspect the sentence will be reduced following a successful appeal (if it hasn't been already.)

But I have to say that I am finding satisfaction in this verdict. Georgia is a tough-on-crime state, and I have no doubt that the defendants are all for that. It apparently never occurred to them that they were not exempt from being treated toughly.

Here's a quote from a more detailed story -

"Assistant District Attorney David Emadi detailed how the group had gone on a drunken, two-county rampage in pick-up trucks laden with Confederate battle flags through Paulding and Douglas counties on July 24 - 25, 2015.
Emadi said the group threatened African-American motorists, yelled at them and walked up to one of their cars with a gun. They also threatened African-American shoppers at a Paulding County Walmart and at a convenience store.
"Many good people in Paulding County saw you for what you are," McClain said before he handed down the sentence. "Everywhere you went 911 call centers were flooded with calls."

Couple sentenced to prison for hate crime involving... | 106.1 WNGC

It wasn't just the birthday party - these folks were on a rampage.
Can you imagine having this kind of blind hatred in your heart for people you don't even know? Just awful. I'm sure their sentences will be reduced, but I'm glad they got the living crap scared out of them when the verdict was read.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:41 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,159,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The sentence is ridiculous.

They'll appeal and be given ten hours of community service.

I would have acquitted them.

Interesting that we have Latino "red necks" now (Jose Torres).

Maybe he's doing a job American whites "won't do" anymore.

I wonder if he's an illegal.
You would have aquitted? Because you think they are innocent? Or because you think pointing guns at random strangers and threatening them, including children, should be legal?

Old 02-28-2017, 03:43 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,453,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You would have aquitted? Because you think they are innocent? Or because you think pointing guns at random strangers and threatening them, including children, should be legal?
Nobody was hurt.

I would have acquitted because of the DA piling ridiculous charges on them.

You don't get a 28 year sentence without that.

American juries need to stop being stuck on stupid (I'm assuming a jury heard the case).

Old 02-28-2017, 04:09 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,652,461 times
Quote:

You? You probably would have sentenced him to go out and rape someone, knowing your posting history. Thank god the justice system has built-in mechanisms for keeping people like you off of juries, so that sane people can render sound verdicts while you snarl and hiss at your computer monitor.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:09 AM

26,603 posts, read 15,173,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The incident happened in July of 2015, sixteen months before Trump's election, and long before his campaign became prominent. The outcome of the election is not cited as a factor anywhere in the linked story.

Stop simplifying and stereotyping and GROW UP! I expected somewhat less-juvenile behavior from a long-time regular, but usually-logical adversary, but apparently the infantilism over there in LeftyLand is contagious.
Facts don't matter to the Fake News Crowd.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,453,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You? You probably would have sentenced him to go out and rape someone, knowing your posting history. Thank god the justice system has built-in mechanisms for keeping people like you off of juries, so that sane people can render sound verdicts while you snarl and hiss at your computer monitor.
You sound very upset.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:22 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,652,461 times
Quote:
You sound very upset.
Nah, just sick of your constant evangelizing for freeing rapists and other violent criminals just because you don't see any harm in what those nice young men are doing. These two people did a horrible, despicable thing, something that inflicted tremendous trauma on innocent people, and I just don't understand how you can not only laugh it off but seemingly almost gloat about it. It's deeply disturbing, to be honest.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 02-28-2017 at 05:35 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 04:27 AM

14,727 posts, read 14,709,210 times
Quote:

Someone sounds upset the judge forgot White Priviledge in criminal sentencing for one day. I'll take your salty tears and those of the convicts to make a delicious soup broth, drinking it with deep satisfaction.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:34 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,989,199 times
Quote:

Nah that guy's a white boy, one of you, Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies