Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 07:37 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with the sentence. Break into someone's house point a gun at the family, then you deserve a very long jail sentence for it. Doesn't matter what race, creed, religion, sexual orientation or anything else irrelevant to that violent act.

They are lucky to be alive. In most states, the homeowner's can legally kill them for it.

Now as for the OP's characterization that Trump had something to do with this. Well..... That's just Trump derangement. I would hope that he seek out a 12 step program.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:35 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Good. Lock those slaw jawed inbred thugs up and throw away the key. Next time maybe they'll get some intestinal fortitude and go run up on a grown man with that foolishness instead of some kids. Plenty of young 20-40 something Black males in that part of metro Atlanta to pull that mess on, but I'm pretty sure the outcome wouldn't have been the same
You point out something very good. I live about 15-20 minutes north of Douglasville. Significant redneck contingency in the area. Confederate flags flying in that area. I have some experience regarding what the far west outskirts of metro Atlanta (particularly the Paulding County/northern Douglas County area) can be like.

I got bullied alot by such trashy types, both the redneck types, skateboarders, and ghetto wannabe types. A few months back some trashy persons drove through a parking lot around a Starbucks. Such persons lowered their windows and started screaming the "N" word at me. I'm not a large person by any means. I got messed with alot when I was younger, particularly in middle school and high school. This was back in the late 90s/early 2000s. Where I lived didn't have that many Blacks until about 2000.

I was always a small guy, so that made me an easy target. And I've thought about this. I was on a thread about Asians being the "model minority". In my own life, this was an observation I made. There were racial tensions in my school. However, I noticed the bigoted/trashy types weren't as likely to mess with a Black person if they appeared "thuggish",had some size on them, or if it was a few Blacks in a group. I, on the other hand, was kind of nerdy, small, struggled with social awkwardness. Looking back, looking like someone who was "harmless" actually made me more of a target for bullies. This is exactly what those trashy redneck types are, bullies, and cowards. They went after kids because they knew that if they tried this with 20-30 year old men, there would be a fight. Those fools knew who they were messing with. That is why they messed with said persons.

And then I think of Dylann Roof. He mentioned "Black crime" in his manifesto. If he was sick of crime, he could have stayed in school, graduated, gotten into law, become a judge. He chose to kill people. He didn't go into the ghettos of North Charleston. He went to a church in Charleston. He went after those whom he knew were harmless. Cowardice.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:39 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A twenty-year sentence for being an mean drunken redneck? Seems a bit harsh considering that nobody was hurt.
A mean drunken redneck killed some one in Kansas City.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Their culture?

What is southern culture?

You know - biscuits, country ham, sweet tea, juleps, hating brown folks....

Oh, and bow ties.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
A mean drunken redneck killed some one in Kansas City.
And some church goers in Charleston. There is a difference between being a southerner, being country, and being a redneck. One can be southern and country without being a redneck.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:54 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
They look remorseful now:
2 in Douglas Confederate flag case sentenced to years in prison

"Douglas Assistant District Attorney David Emadi detailed how the group had gone on a drunken rampage through Douglas and Paulding counties on July 24 and July 25, 2015, in pickup trucks laden with Confederate battle flags.

Emadi said the group threatened black motorists, yelled at them and walked up to one of their cars with a gun. They also threatened African-American shoppers at a Paulding County Wal-Mart and at a convenience store.

“Many good people in Paulding County saw you for what you are,” McClain said before he handed down the sentences. “Everywhere you went, 911 call centers were flooded with calls.”

Torres and Norton, who earlier were found guilty of violating the state’s street-gang terrorism law, continued to tremble and cry.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:59 AM

78,453 posts, read 60,652,129 times
*shrug* they deserve a lengthy prison sentence for their actions and hopefully their remorse is genuine and they change their ways.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Sad when Liberals are left to celebrate only when some illegal immigrant fool (Jose Ismael Torres) said mean things at a birthday party and now is going to be on the taxpayer dole for many years.
Illegal immigrant??? Where did you pull that from?

Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*shrug* they deserve a lengthy prison sentence for their actions and hopefully their remorse is genuine and they change their ways.
Even if they do show some remorse, part of me looks at those persons and sees nothing but evil.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Sad when Liberals are left to celebrate only when some illegal immigrant fool (Jose Ismael Torres) said mean things at a birthday party and now is going to be on the taxpayer dole for many years.
Can you prove said person is an illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies