Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 10:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,624,418 times

Advertisements

It was one of tRump's biggest campaign promises. He even made it part of one of the televised debates. His surrogates (like that jerk Flynn) even led the chants at rallies.

So, how 'bout it, Donny? Launch another investigation, whydontcha. Come up with some charges. Hold a trial. You know it's what your base wants.

Besides...

Maybe it could provide a very convenient distraction from "other" issues.

Just in case some little "issue" happens to pop up.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,158,910 times
He never promised to lock her up. #FakeNews

Old 03-02-2017, 10:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,316,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It was one of tRump's biggest campaign promises. He even made it part of one of the televised debates. His surrogates (like that jerk Flynn) even led the chants at rallies.

So, how 'bout it, Donny? Launch another investigation, whydontcha. Come up with some charges. Hold a trial. You know it's what your base wants.

Besides...

Maybe it could provide a very convenient distraction from "other" issues.

Just in case some little "issue" happens to pop up.

He's pretty much got his own lock 'em ups to worry about.

Intelligence agencies of our allies Europe reported meetings in European cities between Trump campaign reps/associates and Russians to our intelligence agency. They keep a pretty close eye on Russian operatives in Europe. This is going to be a long investigation.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:52 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,131,401 times
It would make him look like a hypocrite considering his own Attorney General - one Jefferson Beauregard Sessions - openly lied during his confirmation process.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:52 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,357,826 times
He may not have promised to lock up Clinton, but he sure implied he would and his followers chanted it often at his rallies.

I saw quite a few all over the Internet excited (including here on this forum) about how fast Hillary would land in jail.

Trump's reply to that was that it "played well."

He's a con man and he's really not that much different than a regular politician... if that regular politician knew very little about governing and spoke on a 3rd grade level, that is.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 AM

16,955 posts, read 16,804,391 times
Well, when and if President Trump decides to lock her up, may I suggest San Quintin Prison in SF. Now, of course, it's an all male prison but I think Lyin' Hillary would be safe with all the murderers and gang members of the 4,200 male prisoners that are housed there today. They found that the prison was "old, antiquated, dirty, poorly staffed, poorly maintained with inadequate medical space and equipment and overcrowded...(prefect for Hillary's new residence)...Think of her views of San Fransisco! She will be fine. Maybe they will teach her to bake cookies in the kitchen.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:01 AM

8,402 posts, read 4,403,300 times
After the chants started at the President-elect's post-election "thank you" rally in Michigan, he responded, "That plays great before the election -- now we don't care, right?"

Just another example of Trump saying anything that he thinks will make people like him. Once he gets what he wants, who cares, its just words.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,624,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
He never promised to lock her up. #FakeNews

tRump to Hill during debate:

<snort> "And you're gonna be in jail!"

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-10-...omes-president

Donald Trump threatens to jail Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMp6umGXGT0

So, your claim of "fake news" is well, fake.

And it's kind of amusing about how the situation has turned around in just four months.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:11 AM

45,760 posts, read 27,404,148 times
I guess "lock her up" played better than the barrage of October surprise fake sex stories against Trump.

It may have helped to have an agenda and theme to run on that actually looked to help America instead of the self-serving "I'm with her" slogan.

Then again - if he ever decides to pursue locking her up - they would whine about that as well.

Just more yapping at his heels...

Old 03-02-2017, 11:12 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,986,221 times
I love how liberals just hear things differently than the average mostly normal person. An 'expression' is taken literally and one will be hounded forever if one uses it or is any way associated, even vicariously, with a group or individual who used it at some time, even in the long ago, far away, past .. unless it is them (the liberal) who is using it or another like it and then we are expected to forget it and understand that it was campaign rhetoric or it meant something rather less drastic even to the people chanting it than it may have sounded at the time.

Lock her up .. was an expression used to indicate that many do believe she committed crimes but while we know/knew that she probably could be indicted and convicted - and even, if all things in life were fair and equal, could be sentenced to jail for those crimes - we also knew that that would be very unlikely to happen.

It was NOT a campaign promise or requirement for Trump to actually DO that or even try to do that. We knew before the election that he would not pursue that - he told us so - so failing to do it was obviously not a factor in his election either.

Life moves on. Some of us know that. It amazes me that liberals all too often don't seem to unless of course it is to their advantage. From my vantage point, that indicates weakness and nothing better to do with their lives and mouths. But, hey .. what do I know .. I am on the receiving end of their ire day after day .. and they are getting their jollies off making it stay that way. I guess I am doing a public service keeping them happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies