Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 10:10 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is where people have to use common sense, just because you are told something doesn't make it true. People didn't understand and didn't use common sense, they believe what they were told and they lost their houses or are struggling to keep it.

People insist on laying full blame on the banks. The only person responsible for educating you is you. The only person responsible for knowing what you can afford is you.

The over inflated real estate values/equity was fake news. It was a predictable bubble. Of course timing was everything but no one should have put their faith in that speculation to risk their entire financial lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 10:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
The only reason I have equity in my home is because I have bought and flipped many properties. I didn't get where I am today from my wages.

I did sell the one house last fall, and now only own one again.

If you are flipping properties and still poor, that is directly related to poor management of money!!!
It gets better!
No one has taught you the difference in gross profit and net profit!! Again, bad choices. Do we have to pay for your bad choices?

Old 03-03-2017, 10:11 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The choices you made, led you down the path you chose to take. You chose not to take care of your man as much as someone else that valued him more.....
Again, is your ex-husband as impoverished as you? LOL! Choices!

You had to make the choice to agree in his termination in the childs rights. See what choices made in rage got you?
Yes you clearly are over paid for your intelligence...let's try again.

My ex husband chose to decide marriage was not for him. He dates here and there but has never again saddled himself down to marriage and a serious relationship. We divorced in split in 2006, divorced a year later. He has had plenty of time to look if he wanted to.

He makes a great salary. His only expenses are his own wants, which include toys like atvs, boats, trucks, vintage cars. He got a huge raise the moment he was not subsidizing me and a child. So no he is not impoverished.

I didn't choose to agree to terminate. He could easily do so, because she was not his biological child. Her bio dad died of cancer before I even knew I was pregnant. Bio dad didn't know he was dying either, so it is not like I chose to have a child with a dying man.

Life is not black and white. Sometimes luck plays a part in someones circumstances.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
It was not his child. Her bio dad died of cancer before I even knew I was pregnant. Should I go find him in heaven or hell, and make him return to the living so I will not be a single mom?

I let him off the hook because he was failing miserably at trying to be a parent and my daughters welfare was not worth the risk.

Life is not so easy but yes I think me being a young single mom has hindered my ability to meet the right man for me. Then I spent the good years wasted trying to make my sons father love me... you can't force people to stay. As tempting as it is.. why want someone that does not want you?

It gets better!!

Old 03-03-2017, 10:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:

My ex husband chose to decide marriage was not for him. He dates here and there but has never again saddled himself down to marriage and a serious relationship. We divorced in split in 2006, divorced a year later. He has had plenty of time to look if he wanted to.

He makes a great salary. His only expenses are his own wants, which include toys like atvs, boats, trucks, vintage cars. He got a huge raise the moment he was not subsidizing me and a child. So no he is not impoverished.

I didn't choose to agree to terminate. He could easily do so, because she was not his biological child. Her bio dad died of cancer before I even knew I was pregnant. Bio dad didn't know he was dying either, so it is not like I chose to have a child with a dying man.

Life is not black and white. Sometimes luck plays a part in someones circumstances.
You chose to have a child to a dying man? Why? Did he leave you any money to help in raising your child or did he just care about a child in his name with your only having you to support the child?

Old 03-03-2017, 10:15 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
you all feel better bashing this person now?? unless you walked their mile -- shut the H up- all make mistakes and those who think they do NOT, end up bitter lonely people

Old 03-03-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you are flipping properties and still poor, that is directly related to poor management of money!!!
It gets better!
No one has taught you the difference in gross profit and net profit!! Again, bad choices. Do we have to pay for your bad choices?
I roll all profit into the next house. I live in the northeast where houses are expensive. I do have about 40% equity in a house I just bought two years ago. I did lose some on the house I bought in 2008, but it is what it is. I did get to live in that one a while.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You chose to have a child to a dying man? Why? Did he leave you any money to help in raising your child or did he just care about a child in his name with your only having you to support the child?
He didn't even know he had cancer. He was diagnosed and died a few weeks later. At the time of his death, I had no idea I was even pregnant. I guess I was supposed to heal him magically and not let him die.

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Income wise yes. I have flipped houses to have a roof over our heads at a reasonable price. I do have substantial equity in my house. I have never cashed out that money. I live in the houses for a couple years then move to the next one. I plan to keep the one I have now because I am getting too old to keep moving. My next move will be a retirement house.
Isn't house flipping risky? If you are successful at it at all you must have some knowledge/skill/talent for it. It seems very speculative and something that people who can afford to lose their investment would do.

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:

To be fair, subsidizing you and the child which wasn't his is not his problem. All he is obligated to do is provide support for his own child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies