Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 08:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
LowonLuck - Threads like these are all about hyperbole. Despite what it may look like, NO ONE wants those who work hard and still have a hard time making ends meet to be cut off from assistance of some kind. NO ONE. It doesn't matter what side of the political street they are on. But, then even you know that. Yours is not the situation anyone is talking about here.
I agree but people are sick and tired of Democrats acting like a bunch of idiots who melt down over everything. For once we have a man in office who wants to do what is right for the 'AMERICAN people. Democrats are more worried about everyone else in the world and willing to hurt the American people. We have to focus on Americans. Only then can we help others. Democrats rightfully claim we can't fight everyone's wars but why in the next breath do they think we have to take care of everyone else when our own people are suffering and working way to hard to make ends meet?

Better explained, if your broke, how can you be expected to help others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 08:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Not true. I work 40-50 hours a week and I am a great at budgets. I am still poor and qualify for assistance.

Learn more earn more.....
Education....

If that does not work, you have mobility.
Opportunities are abound in the land of liberty. It is your choice to stay at the level of value you have now, and where you want to be. No one is going to do it for you. (except a government handout, because you chose not to)

Old 03-03-2017, 08:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We the People are not stupid. We the People defeated MSM. We the People defeated the establishment. We the People rejected the power-hungry, criminal in a pantsuit.

We're sick and tired of these uninformed jackholes telling us we're racist, sexist, Islamophobic and homophobic. They have no basis for those claims. Democrats are consumed by their emotions. We’re sick and tired of the political establishment crapping all over the Constitution and treading on our liberty. We’re sick of Democrats refusing to uphold the rule of law. We’re sick of being told that this is as good as it gets.

- We want to keep more of our hard-earned money.
- We want healthcare premiums that AREN’T AS MUCH AS OUR MORTGAGES.
- We want people to enter our country LEGALLY.
- We believe in peace through strength.
- We believe in Faith. Freedom. Family.

We’re the most kick a** country that has ever existed. All you liberals whining and playing games,” GET OVER YOURSELVES. You games are hurting the "American people".

You realize that when you say things like "Democrats don't want Americans to prosper" you come across as a complete loon to every reasonable person, regardless of their own personal political ideology, right?

Old 03-03-2017, 08:48 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,406,015 times
Quote:
Liberals defending robbery of other people. a lot of crying the blues because they work over 40 hours and they think they deserve other people's money because they didn't plan for their future and hence are suffering the consequences of their decisions.
As far as I can tell, you haven't persuaded any liberals. Have you or anyone else here provided a compelling argument to support your POV? Name calling won't work.

It happens I'm a conservative, and I understand your POV. But conservative ideas aren't without flaws, and neither are the Democrats ideas. I wish it was all as black & white as too many portray it here.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You realize that when you say things like "Democrats don't want Americans to prosper" you come across as a complete loon to every reasonable person, regardless of their own personal political ideology, right?

Sometimes you have to do that to get attention... It's what Democrats and libs do (constant melt down mode?)

I agree but people are sick and tired of Democrats acting like a bunch of idiots who melt down over everything. For once we have a man in office who wants to do what is right for the 'AMERICAN people. Democrats are more worried about everyone else in the world and willing to hurt the American people. We have to focus on Americans. Only then can we help others. Democrats rightfully claim we can't fight everyone's wars but why in the next breath do they think we have to take care of everyone else when our own people are suffering and working way to hard to make ends meet?

Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Even with low wage jobs they still cannot afford those basics.

Poor now isn't like poor twenty five years ago. People work two jobs and still too poor to get sick or pay rent. Some people with years of skilled trade work experience just saw wages freeze or reduce, everything else rises exponentially.
They are poor, because they are bad at managing their money.

Even paying my property taxes if I wished, I could live on $20,000 a year. and the majority of that would be fuel, to travel for supplies and to hunt & grow my food.
If I want toys and luxuries, I need more.

A roof over my head and food in my belly, doesn't cost that much.
The luxuries do.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:55 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
LowonLuck - Threads like these are all about hyperbole. Despite what it may look like, NO ONE wants those who work hard and still have a hard time making ends meet to be cut off from assistance of some kind. NO ONE. It doesn't matter what side of the political street they are on. But, then even you know that. Yours is not the situation anyone is talking about here.

she is the one getting beat up...

Old 03-03-2017, 08:55 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,406,015 times
Quote:

Just as the Republicans melted down over anything Obama wanted to do for the previous 8 years. I'm a conservative BTW, but criticizing the other side, while overlooking our sides faults isn't getting us anywhere - and it's intellectually dishonest. All this talk, and no action (in either direction) is pointless...

Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Even paying my property taxes if I wished, I could live on $20,000 a year. and the majority of that would be fuel, to travel for supplies and to hunt & grow my food.

The luxuries do.
Have you ever heard of "income to rent ratio" requirements? Most apartment complexes require tenants to make anywhere from 2.5x to 4x the rent to lease to them. Our cheapest apartments (in the ghetto) are about $450/month, so that apartment, which would most likely require you to make 2.5x the rent, you would have to earn $13,500/year to be allowed to lease it.

My apartment (in a much better neighborhood) costs $1,000/month and our complex has a 3x requirement, which means no one making less than $36,000/yr would be allowed to lease my unit

Old 03-03-2017, 09:00 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

The luxuries do.

bent you live in the woods~~ alone ~~ so you can- but if you live in a city you can't- HUNT ? I say give me a rope and a knife and the fire starter things- I have one just cant think of the name-- and put me on a deserted island- I'll live- we can all survive-- if alone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies