Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 07:38 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times

Advertisements

Fascinating at how fast this one fell off from discussion once it was discovered this was Obama's fault.

LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 07:55 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,298,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Thanks to Putin's Butt-KISSING-PUPPET.... Trump!
I'm curious, what does Trump have to do with this?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulli...barriers-entry

Old 03-06-2017, 08:03 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump
I also heard the Mexican govt' will have attorneys available in every state in the USA to help the illegals in court- better make coffee it's going to be a LONGGGG process

More proof that the Mexican government has its priorities out of whack. With all of the social and legal problems the government has to deal with IN MEXICO, their priority is trying to thwart what is essentially ENFORCEMENT of US Immigration laws?

And you APPLAUD this as "retaliation"? What kind of American APPLAUDS foreign interference in ENFORCEMENT of properly passed laws that have been on the books for decades?

[Oh right, the same kind that spend all day wringing their hands about possible-maybe-probably-not meddling by RUSSIA to "influence" our election]

Old 03-06-2017, 08:05 AM

I've gone to Europe every year for the past few summers. This year, I'm researching South America instead. Don't need to spend my money on a suicidal continent.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Getting Visas are not a big deal. Sure, it might add a bit to travel cost and could limit spontaneity. But even that is not a given. Many countries which have Visa requirements allow e-visa and getting the visa at time of arrival. Added all of 10 minutes at a couple of airports during a recent trip. No big deal. Really!

More left hysteria. As one who travels frequently and knows, nothing more than a minor detail.
I totally agree. A lot of crying over nothing. Hell - I hold both China and India visas and both of them were obtained without even leaving my house.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:17 AM

20,128 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Are you kidding me? Do you you know how many Americans travel to Europe on business and pleasure? A lot! This is going to be a giant pain. Thanks Trump!

More Americans Traveled Abroad in 2015 Than Ever Before - Condé Nast Traveler
Exactly. Now some may decide not to go, especially those on that pleasure category. Who does that hurt more? The American that had planned on spending money in the country on hotels, food, and souvenirs or the country that made it harder to visit?

Old 03-06-2017, 08:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
The European Parliament has voted to end visa-free travel for Americans within the EU.

It comes after the US failed to agree visa-free travel for citizens of five EU countries – Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Poland and Romania – as part of a reciprocity agreement. US citizens can normally travel to all countries in the bloc without a visa.

The vote by the parliament’s civil liberties committee, which urged the revocation of the scheme within two months, means Americans will have to apply for extra documents for 12 months after the European Commission implements it.

I would suspect this hurting them more than us

https://www.yahoo.com/news/european-...131026287.html

Part of the global initiative, and the one world government to rule the earth.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:23 AM

35,742 posts, read 21,105,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
More proof that the Mexican government has its priorities out of whack. With all of the social and legal problems the government has to deal with IN MEXICO, their priority is trying to thwart what is essentially ENFORCEMENT of US Immigration laws?

And you APPLAUD this as "retaliation"? What kind of American APPLAUDS foreign interference in ENFORCEMENT of properly passed laws that have been on the books for decades?

[Oh right, the same kind that spend all day wringing their hands about possible-maybe-probably-not meddling by RUSSIA to "influence" our election]

Did I say applauded it??-- the twisting and twearking is going to hurt your back---
I am saying other countries are retaliating in like manner, this is NOT good for America - we are causing dissent among our allies--
And as for the attorney's- they are practicing the lawful right to represent their clients- to say other wise is Un-American -all people have a right to counsel- this is NOT a police state!

the Russian thing- just waiting for it to be played out-- all will come to the light dear-

Old 03-06-2017, 08:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
European Parliament votes to end visa-free travel for Americans
When Trump was elected, I knew we'd end up in trade, and economic wars which will hurt out economy big time. This is just the beginning.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When Trump was elected, I knew we'd end up in trade, and economic wars which will hurt out economy big time. This is just the beginning.
You miss the part about the issue stems from BEFORE Trump was elected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies