Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 11:46 AM

6,469 posts, read 8,203,529 times

Advertisements

It is based on something he read on Breitbart. I think that might be the same place he picked up the conspiracy theory about Obama's birth certificate.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:47 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,293,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
1. The media has reported the FISA warrants and I have yet to see any MSM outlet not "admit" it.

2. The approved warrant was to intercept communications between two Russian banks and the Trump campaign. That is not the same as tapping Trump's phone lines.
Excuse me, haven't you noticed a pattern where Trump makes a claim many can't believe and then shortly after his claim gets proved right in spades? He has a nack for knowing everything probably because he works 15 hour days that few could handle.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:47 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,807,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
OK, I don't trust Trump but I don't trust the media's desperation with making Trump look worse than he is. When it comes to this wiretapping thing, I know that Trump's tweets were misleading. No, Obama did not wiretap his phone like the FBI going after the mob in some old school mafia movie. No, Obama didn't order it.

I think this might be a case of the media taking Trump literally but not seriously, and cleverly playing the semantics game in order to discredit Trump.

So far I've read that a FISA warrant was issued by a judge in October '16 after it was first rejected last summer. It was probably issued to probe the Trump campaign's alleged ties to Russia. It probably also explains all the leaks.

Anyways, why is the media playing this game and won't just admit that a FISA court warrant was issued? Why are they taking Trump's tweet as literal? Even if he is wrong, was not Obama's Justice Dept trying to spy on the Trump campaign?

And what is with all this talk of impeachment all of a sudden because of the allegations?
I'm glad you can see how the tweet should be taken literally and tweets only allow a certain amounts of letters used so you have to keep it short.

Of course it was under Obama as the President who is responsible for this to happen and btw I don't even believe he wasn't aware.

Obama was probably just as NOT aware as Hillary about the question given by Donna Brazil before the debate!

The more that is coming out the worse it looks for the Obama/Hillary government and it seems a very dirty game has been played and lots of people try to cover it up.

When the house of cards will collapse it may not be so pretty as now there is no President Obama and his government in place although they seem to have the shadow government there but that is not the same as being in charge.

The most I'm surprised about is that the US just as most of Europe seems to become more of a third world country when it comes to how things are done as it doesn't seem that "legal" is not a word that was in the top ten of the previous government.

It seems Obama was a good match for Putin even though Hillary and Obama try to blame him but if the CIA can wire tape us all without proper paperwork then it sounds what we have heard about the KGB in the past.

Luckily my calls and conversations will be very boring to listen to so I'm not worried but it still makes me sick to my stomach that this is done to people without approval.

I believe Donald Trump the candidate was the victim of this kind of tactics and trying to blame Russia to link him to Russia.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 AM

6,469 posts, read 8,203,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Excuse me, haven't you notices a pattern where Trump makes a claim many can't believe and then shortly after his claim gets proved right in spades? He has a nack for knowing everything probably because he works 15 hour days that few could handle.
Please provide some details.

He watches a lot of TV, but I am not sure if that counts as work.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 AM

47,022 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm glad you can see how the tweet should be taken literally and tweets only allow a certain amounts of letters used so you have to keep it short.
Almost as if intelligent people wouldn't use Twitter for important communication, but I guess that is too late now.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,028,073 times
Quote:
1. The media has reported the FISA warrants and I have yet to see any MSM outlet not "admit" it.

2. The approved warrant was to intercept communications between two Russian banks and the Trump campaign. That is not the same as tapping Trump's phone lines.
Here we go. Good counter post. Now the issue is that the media is refusing to refer back to their own reports which is what defenders of Trump are referencing.

The literal but serious is in point number 2. Conservatives are saying the former happened but not the latter, while the left is focusing on the latter but not totally acknowledging the former.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:53 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,113,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Agreed. I know the Media (& the Obama admin.) is parsing words.

We all know that Nixon didn't order the Break in. (but he was told about it and then helped cover it up). In the old days it was The Media that used to ask "what did they know and when did they know it". Now the media is circling the Wagons. Looks like Congress will have to weigh in. Questions that I have:

- They'll say Obama didn't "order" anything. duh....but somebody did. Why?... & who knew what was ordered, what info they heard, who did they share this info with & when.

- Perhaps they'll say "Trump Tower phone wasn't Tapped". (But perhaps his cell phone was...or his computer was)...in other words, hopefully someone will find out WHAT (if anything) was surveiled, when was it surveiled, did the info get to the white house? did the info get to Clinton Headquarters?

- Any Booby Traps left behind? Ratf*cking by the DNC or someone connected by the WH staff. This is preventing the Executive Branch from leading the country. Find out what was left behind and by whom.
I agree, these questions need to be asked, the problem is that they will never be answered, not in any meaningful way.

Quote:

We have no idea of the scope, or how broad the surveillance of the Trump campaign was, and will likely never know.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:55 AM

47,022 posts, read 26,075,098 times
Quote:
The problem with the liberal argument to all this, and I am not talking about this from a right wing perspective, is that what shines more is arrogance rather than actual argument.
Oh, you're looking at my heart, not my words?

Quote:
He invoked Obama personally because it was under his administration that this happened.
He didn't invoke, he accused. He brought up Watergate.

Quote:
He doesn't make his case better by typing hyperbolic tweets
Ya think?

Quote:
This notion that the media is taking it literally is staple of them in order to paint the President as utterly incompetent.
Well....

Quote:
And why the vitriol when debating? Why do all you liberals think you're John Oliver with the witty banter and insults? Do you guys think using the politics of shame makes your arguments much better?
Because willful stupidity is exasperating.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:55 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,293,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Please provide some details.

He watches a lot of TV, but I am not sure if that counts as work.
He has legal access to all Fisa records and the fact there were recordings which are instantly felonies and secured information passed through as leaks to he press.

You would find recent reviews of Senator Cotton interesting as to what he says is known.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:56 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,230,871 times
Quote:
OK, I don't trust Trump but I don't trust the media's desperation with making Trump look worse than he is. When it comes to this wiretapping thing, I know that Trump's tweets were misleading. No, Obama did not wiretap his phone like the FBI going after the mob in some old school mafia movie. No, Obama didn't order it.

I think this might be a case of the media taking Trump literally but not seriously, and cleverly playing the semantics game in order to discredit Trump.

So far I've read that a FISA warrant was issued by a judge in October '16 after it was first rejected last summer. It was probably issued to probe the Trump campaign's alleged ties to Russia. It probably also explains all the leaks.

Anyways, why is the media playing this game and won't just admit that a FISA court warrant was issued? Why are they taking Trump's tweet as literal? Even if he is wrong, was not Obama's Justice Dept trying to spy on the Trump campaign?

And what is with all this talk of impeachment all of a sudden because of the allegations?
There's a lot to address here, and i can't really address all of it. But why the media takes Trump's twitter as being serious is an interesting one.

The reason: a lot of people do. That's just it; a lot of people love his tweets. Now, it's because a piece of investigative journalism is too much reading and a tweet is straightforward (yes, I'm saying it's because there are a ton of stupid people). What's more, Donald himself seems to think his tweets are a big deal. He discredits the media and is even blocking members of the press (can you say 'totalitarianism'). So when Trump makes a tweet accusing Obama of something but an article on Breitbart (among the media outlets Trump seems to respect...) said that thing happened, we can be assured of two things: one, Trump likely believes it and two, his followers believe it.

Understand the problem there in the context of our time. The current President is effectively working to undermine faith in the office of the presidency by claiming the previous holder of said office broke the law in an effort give his political ally, whom his justice department investigated by the way, an apparent edge. As is, distrust of public institutions in rising. Trump already doesn't act the part, but now he's working to undermine it. This is literally dictatorship 101. That's not a joke. He's personifying power and attempting to undermine public institutions, as well as turning the public against the free press. And to be very clear: I think everyone who isn't critical of Trump for those things is a pile of human filth. I don't care who voted for him or if there are policies of his they like but some of these things he's doing are actually evil and those who enable it are just as guilty, if not worse. The benefit of our constitution is that theoretically, a despot can only rise if the people allow it. So indeed, if the doomsday scenario with president Cheeto does happen, I blame the people who cheered because 'someone's gunna fix Washington!' far more than I'd blame the actual tyrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies