Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 10:08 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Why did Trump feel that such a serious accusation needed to be made over Twitter? Why not take it up with the Congressional Intelligence committees that are headed by Republicans - or does he think they're out to get him too.
+1, I second Hesychios' opinion. Twitter is no place to level a serious accusation against a former president -- the fact he did on Twitter suggests the accusation is not serious.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Felix Sater, the name you should be hearing much more of, is a Russian-born American real estate developer and managing director of Bayrock Group LLC, a real estate conglomerate based out of New York City. He was a Senior Advisor to the Trump Organization and through Bayrock Group funded multiple Trump projects. In 1998 he was found guilty of racketeering and fraud. His father, Mikhail, worked for infamous Russian crime lord Simeon Mogilavech. He co-wrote the draft Russian Sanctions easement policy hand delivered to Mike Flynn with Michael Cohen and Andrey Artemenko. Despite multiple links, especially recently, Trump insists he does not know Sater.
https://wearethisamericancarnage.wor...atryoshka/amp/

Old 03-04-2017, 10:10 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yup, I'm for that.
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist
Ok, then. Let's form an independent commission or hire an independent prosecutor to look into THE ENTIRE ENCHILADA from Russian/Putin to tRump/Bannon to the FBI.

Agreed??

"Yup, I'm for that."

We see the usual lib hypocrites at play.

When a dem is involved nary a word about independent prosecutors.

But, when a repub is involved that is all they scream for. Valerie Plame comes to mind.

I don't recall ANY dem calling of an independent prosecutor during the hillary email scandle or her foundation.

HMM, I wonder why.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:11 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yep. If what Trump's saying is true, it means a FISA court found probable cause that he was engaged in criminal activity.
When the administration controls the court, it makes it easy to wire tap any.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
So... Trump is confirming that the FISA Court was sufficiently convinced about his ties to Russia that they approved a wiretap warrant?🤔

Trumps claims are libel. Which opens him up to a lawsuit, and discovery. Which means depositions under oath, and documents and tax returns released. Great! Bring it on. Please Mr Trump, keep tweeting and digging a bigger hole. (& do it before Ivanka comes back from Shabbat)
Like I said, this is all the more reason for a full investigation. Let's subpoena Obama, Trump, Pelosi, Schumer, Cohen, Flynn, the tax returns, and get to the bottom of this thing!

Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Listen sugar. You Trumpies can deflect all you wish but it will NEVER change the fact that King Cheetos team colluded with Russia to help him win the election.
cite for your 'fact' please.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
When the administration controls the court, it makes it easy to wire tap any.
Chief Justice John Roberts (Republican) has appointed all FISA judges except one. So I guess Justice Roberts is an enemy of the state too!

Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If the BOSS of the Director of the FBI had complete control over him, then Comey would have never sent that letter to Congress 11 days before the election.

You can't hail Comey as a hero for "exposing" Hillary while simultaneously criticizing him for obtaining a FISA warrant to investigate Trump.
"If the BOSS of the Director of the FBI had complete control over him,"

"You can't hail Comey as a hero"

You should NOT try to read people minds. You are NOT good at it.

And do NOT put words in my mouth that I did not say.

Did I say anywhere or allude that his boss has "complete control" or that Comey is a hero?

Reading comprehension and mind reading are NOT your strong suits.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Would anyone expect anything less from CNN?
Exactly. Smart people are watching FOX.

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

Old 03-04-2017, 10:18 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mike Rodgers tipped Trump off to the fact he was being listened to and tracked.

As you look at the FISA request dates below, it’s important to note that NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers would be keenly aware of both the June request – Denied, and the October request – Granted. Pay specific attention to the October request. “October”!.
June 2016: FISA request. The Obama administration files a request with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers. The request, uncharacteristically, is denied.
October 2016: FISA request. The Obama administration submits a new, narrow request to the FISA court, now focused on a computer server in Trump Tower suspected of links to Russian banks. No evidence is found — but the wiretaps continue, ostensibly for national security reasons, Andrew McCarthy at National Review later notes. The Obama administration is now monitoring an opposing presidential campaign using the high-tech surveillance powers of the federal intelligence services.

♦ On Tuesday November 8th, 2016 the election was held. Results announced Wednesday November 9th, 2016.
♦ On Thursday November 17th, 2016, NSA Director Mike Rogers traveled to New York and met with President-Elect Donald Trump.
♦ On Friday November 18th The Washington Post reported on a recommendation in “October” that Mike Rogers be removed from his NSA position:
The heads of the Pentagon and the nation’s intelligence community have recommended to President Obama that the director of the National Security Agency, Adm. Michael S. Rogers, be removed.
The recommendation, delivered to the White House last month, was made by Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr., according to several U.S. officials familiar with the matter.
[…] In a move apparently unprecedented for a military officer, Rogers, without notifying superiors, traveled to New York to meet with Trump on Thursday at Trump Tower. That caused consternation at senior levels of the administration, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal personnel matters.

Good post and I almost forgot the Mike Rodgers Issue. it looks like their was a concerted effort to derail Trump by the Administration. Fox has been outlining what you have posted this morning and has connected the dots.. I can understand at some point t investigate wrong doings, however its serious of the wire tapping continues for political gain.

It will be interesting where this goes and of the Top Democratic leadership will go to prison. We will have to see how law abiding the current Dem. leadership is, since from the beginning they have been ready to Impeach President Trump.

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 03-04-2017 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: wrong Pres!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies