Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 10:10 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Will Obama be prosecuted over the illegal wire taps, or will he escape justice?

There were two requests for surveillance prior to the election. Both were denied, yet Obama did it anyway.

What are the chances of him being charged?
I think it's obvious why the Dems are so rabidly attacking Sessions and why the MSM is working so hard to lie about his contacts with a Russian ambassador. Sessions has the stones to go after Oblubber. Thinking he might want to head to Kenya sooner rather than later.

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Could it have been our good friend Mark Levin, that got Trump interest up and hair to stand on end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91fNfGjZdM0
Yup. Me thinks you're right. The "thinking" behind Trump now appears to Mark Levin. Not a fan.

What happened to the tradition of the "Wise Men" (old hands and experienced counselors from earlier Administrations) that Presidents of time past turned to for another ear outside of their own Administration?

Now we have a reality TV show President listening to a right-wing talk show host.

And this is the result.

Well, stay tuned as they say for the next episode.

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence during the 2016 campaign: "I can deny it. There were no FISA approved wire taps."

It's official. the highest ranking intelligence official at the time, who would have know if any FISA taps were approved to spy on Trump's campaign, has gone on record to say that it did NOT happen. THERE WERE NO WIRE TAPS ON TRUMP.

So what happens now? Either Donald Trump or James Clapper are lying. Shouldn't the burden of proof be on Trump as he's the one who tweeted the claims?
To be fair...Clapper also said that he knew of no link between Trump campaign and Russian hacking.

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
let me readjust my blinders.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:11 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Statements like yours above lead me to wonder how much you have been following this. It appears you haven't been. It is known that Obama did ask (didn't order, but asked) for a wire tap (surveillance). Turned down at first. But asked a second time. Was that second request granted? The answer appears to be "yes."

I'm talking about President's past behavior (advocating the overthrow of the U.S. Government) while a student at Occidental, and thereafter. His entire 2008 campaign was about "fundamentally transforming" the united States of America. I know what he meant by that, because I know what kind of activities he was involved in prior to launching his political career. He taught that our Constitution was a "flawed document," and he regularly spoke against American "colonialism," etc.

Flynn was not asked to resign because of any "Russian connection" or the conversation he had with the Russian ambassador. He was asked to resign because he had mislead Mike Pence, and for Trump, that was not acceptable. Trump demands openness and complete honesty. There was nothing wrong with Flynn having a conversation with the Russian ambassador.

The "nonsense" I tire of is this constant assertion by the Left (Democrats) that there is a "Russian connection" and that the Russians somehow influenced the election. That has not been proven, and if anything, the Russians would have wanted to help Clinton, NOT Trump, whom they know will be tough. Hillary, they could manipulate.

You are certainly allowed your opinions. Please though, don't pass off your opinions as facts.

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/838248952952573952

Old 03-05-2017, 10:12 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
This has now been sourced and investigated. No proof whatsoever. Let's have a full investigation. If Trump tweeted this crap based on Heat Street and Breitbart, he's toast and let's hope he is prosecuted and impeached.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8942c3129739

8,384 posts, read 4,372,592 times
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

Bias: Extreme Right

Notes: The Gateway Pundit is a hard-right website that is not afraid of conspiracy theories and the occasional flirtation with outright white supremacists. Not a credible source that occasionally publishes fake news.

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This has now been sourced and investigated. No proof whatsoever. Let's have a full investigation. If Trump tweeted this crap based on Heat Street and Breitbart, he's toast.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8942c3129739
Sure he is lol

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Question founded on unproven assertions. Didn't WaldoKitty try that clumsy rhetorical maneuver as well?
Seems like the left has been trying that for months with the "Russian hacking" stories. The new "birther movement".

Old 03-05-2017, 10:13 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Statements like yours above lead me to wonder how much you have been following this. It appears you haven't been. It is known that Obama did ask (didn't order, but asked) for a wire tap (surveillance). Turned down at first. But asked a second time. Was that second request granted? The answer appears to be "yes."
What evidence do you have that "Obama" (at his direction) asked for a "wiretap"? I'm not sure why you're conflating Obama and the FBI. We could also conflate Obama and the FBI to say that "Obama (FBI) leaked the existence of emails 11 days before the election."

If probable cause existed to issue a warrant, then what is the problem? If conversations were legally collected pursuant to FISA, then what is the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies