Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 03:28 PM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

I tried to rep this post but I cannot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I'm unclear why it matters or not. As if this incident would have been justified if the man was Muslim?

My God, this place is hateful.
Yep, so absolutely hateful, I mean.. we could compare it to living in a country under Islamic Rule right? Oh wait.. no we can't, in an Islamic country, you can be killed for speaking ill favor to the religion.

So cry me a river with your false BS.
I totally agree. I really would like anyone who screams "racism" to address how things are in the "real world" before flinging that word around. And while they're at it explain how Muslims are so great to the GLBTQ community that most of them support the Muslim world over the State of Israel.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-06-2017 at 03:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 03:30 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What a tragic story! My heart goes out to the people who love this man and I wish they find some peaceful moments today and everyday...
I agree. And after reading the story the Sikh men in their community are experiencing prejudice at a higher level now, very sad.

Last edited by Wintergirl80; 03-05-2017 at 03:44 PM..

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Are you saying that being aware of the sociopolitical idealism of our neighbors is bad?

What if that idealism is destructive?
The same argument you state, the *exact* same one...was used by the Nazi propagandists for this film:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_gDQM59Es

Seriously sick sh*t.

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The same intolerant and prejudicial attitude was foisted on American Jews.
What are you talking about? You're trying to use one of the more privileged ethnicities in American society to illustrate victimhood? Give me a break.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's absolutely insane what is being said in these threads. But...we have to remember this is an alt-right Stormfront-lite forum.

There was an actual post earlier, that was serious, stating that classes should be given to identify sikhs, Muslims, and others of "those kind"...I guess so active shooters can target the specific group they want and put them in the appropriate concentration camps when that day comes.

Unbelievable.
When the Left runs out of arguments, and starts name calling, they've lost the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I tried to rep this post but I cannot.I totally agree. I really would like anyone who screams "racism" to address how things are in the "real world" before flinging that word around. And while they're at it explain hos Muslims are so great to the GLBTQ community that most of them support the Muslim world over the State of Israel.
Deflect, deflect, deflect.

So far all we've heard is justifications, blaming the victim and "BuT MuZzlimsss!".

Typical.

Quote:
Red herrings and deflection. The alt-right racist way.

Clear evidence here that the alt-right justifies and supports these sorts of events. Sick stuff.
How is it alt-right or sick to explain that for all our faults we are far more tolerant and inclusive than most of the world. I bet you most Sikhs would agree with me.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The same argument you state, the *exact* same one...was used by the Nazi propagandists for this film:

Seriously sick sh*t.
You didn't answer the question. And your ad-hominem centric arguments are intellectually weak.

So, ideology doesn't matter? Shall we open up an anti defamation league for the Taliban, the Black Panthers, and the KKK?

Old 03-05-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The same intolerant and prejudicial attitude was foisted on American Jews.

Fortunately I believe the majority of Americans, regardless of their religious or ethnic background, are not bigots.
So you would rather tie our airports, office buildings and even urban grids into knots than concentrate security efforts on communities at war with us?

Old 03-05-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
When the Left runs out of arguments, and starts name calling, they've lost the debate.
lol...when someone doesn't address the points of the other debater and resorts to terms like "leftist!", then *they* have excused themselves from the discussion.

PS - Not a leftist! I would have voted for one Republican candidate and I did not vote for HRC. However I'm educated, wealthy, and have lived across the world and speak 3 languages. Therefore I'm not apart of the demographic that voted for Trump (poor, uneducated and insular).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies