Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 02:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I cannot tell if there is misunderstanding. In regard to the last administration, the one before that, and the current one now I was referring to jobsters post where he noted the pipeline plan in Qataris.
The ones we are fighting wars to protect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 02:20 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The ones we are fighting wars to protect?
Based on what I've been hearing there are projects underway and plans for the future. I work with a few scientists from Iran and there is quite a bit of talk in Persian news outlets, conversations on their facebooks, etc. I've heard a few times that it doesn't matter who the US potus is as far as decision making goes in the region. Same stuff, different day as far as they're concerned. It makes me wonder what exactly is going on.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Based on what I've been hearing there are projects underway and plans for the future. I work with a few scientists from Iran and there is quite a bit of talk in Persian news outlets, conversations on their facebooks, etc. I've heard a few times that it doesn't matter who the US potus is as far as decision making goes in the region. Same stuff, different day as far as they're concerned. It makes me wonder what exactly is going on.
They don't care but for some odd reason we seem to think that bombing them will make them care.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:55 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
Thanks Obama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This isn't anything new.

It's a long project which started during the Obama administration.

From the article:...

"....began in 2013 and are expected to continue through at least 2022."

Old 03-07-2017, 03:00 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They don't care but for some odd reason we seem to think that bombing them will make them care.
It's so messed up. I hear crazy stories at work. The crap people have to go through is shocking. For years and years they have been saying the same thing-it's all about the oil. It's always about the oil. Heads of state don't matter because western nations are always selling guns to Middle Eastern nations and there's just constant war. It's the same story independent of country of origin. I've heard the same stuff for scientists hailing from Yemen, Iran, etc. Real conspiracy theory rhetoric

Old 03-07-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
It's so messed up. I hear crazy stories at work. The crap people have to go through is shocking. For years and years they have been saying the same thing-it's all about the oil. It's always about the oil. Heads of state don't matter because western nations are always selling guns to Middle Eastern nations and there's just constant war. It's the same story independent of country of origin. I've heard the same stuff for scientists hailing from Yemen, Iran, etc. Real conspiracy theory rhetoric
It's not the oil. It's making sure that oil is traded in dollars and not something else.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Projects undertaken by supermajor energy concerns can have timelines of 20 to 75 years.

Ten years is actually not that long, for projects of this scope.

I doubt that tax aspects played any significant role in the timeline, although such things are taken into consideration when evaluating a project (or series of projects.)
What would led them to believe it's a good move to do that right now? I don't know enough about that industry. Other oil companies planning on expanding right now?

Old 03-07-2017, 10:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Who cares if they did? Imagine the tax receipts the government will get from having that many high paying jobs?
Moral hazard, smoral hazard right? Follow the money trail.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:08 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This isn't anything new.

It's a long project which started during the Obama administration.

From the article:...

"....began in 2013 and are expected to continue through at least 2022."
And just 6 weeks into his presidency , Trump manages to bring the project to fruition. Note that many of these jobs are high paying professional skilled positions. None of the part time minimum wage jobs which Obama believed were good for the working population.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:24 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
For being a Russian infiltrator, Trump sure has been doing America a lot of favors. You'd think all these jobs would have come back under Obama.... but Trump?? He really is making America great again. Putin must be pissed. Yay for the Russian infiltrator. I guess they care for America more than Kenyan Muslim infiltrators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies