Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2017, 08:41 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,137,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just let them get sick and die. That's how I always thought a Christian nation should act.
Insurance premiums paid on a timely basis provides adequate coverage thank you. The free market rules!

Old 03-10-2017, 08:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,327,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The magic part is that Ryan is throwing this responsibility to the citizens, rather than making a rule for the providers to provide pricing. If Ryan tried and coudn't attain pricing ahead of time, do you think regular everyday people will be able to pin down the pricing ahead of time?
If it's the law, then yes. It was not nor is it the law now. You can't compare what Ryan went through without a law with what people would experience with a law. Things do not work that way.

Quote:
What do they do, refuse to get their broken leg fixed until a price sheet is given, then go to 4 different hospitals to evaluation, while their leg is still swollen? It is a problem that the pricing is being hidden from consumers and that there are different price structures for patients and insurance companies and the prices could be tweaked at any time.
That is how it is now, that is NOT how it has to stay. Again, this is not the answer BUT it is better than what we have now. You know that but try you will to come up with lame excuses.

Quote:
But Ryan isn't proposing the fix this mess about pre-pricing. Instead, he identifies that it's a problem that even Ryan, a US Senator, couldn't even get a price quote. Ryan's not going to fix it and it's not something that Regular Joe consumer could fix on their own. It needs standards and rules. It's not going to magicall happen even if lots of people contact their hospital for pre-pricing. Ryan chose to put his head in the sand on this one.
Whether or not he does it, he is proposing it. It's not magic. It's how laws get done. It would be an improvement even if not what we need.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Insurance premiums paid on a timely basis provides adequate coverage thank you. The free market rules!
We have no free markets.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:44 AM

4,964 posts, read 2,252,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes Dems created this disaster and it hurt many Americans. Democrats paid a price though, thanks to Obamacare among other things "you got Trump". That's what happens when you hurt so many and ignore them when they tell you their getting financially killed with the premiums. I've even seen someone say "pay it and shut up". Yea, they got their subsidy and that's all they cared about.

The only people who support it is people getting the welfare subsidy.
It's what happens when you repeatedly increase the federal tax burden on the middle class. The poor don't pay income taxes. The wealthy are insulated. When a middle-class family pays a federal tax bill that exceeds the monthly payment on a new home and rental home combined, those policies will be rejected.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,928,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I have seen fist hand what happens to the uninsured and working poor when cancer hits. It ain't pretty. Imagine if your child has cancer and you can't pay for it out of pocket. The child dies.
Saint Jude's does not take a penny from any patient.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,413,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
ERs are not required to treat patients. For example, one is not going to get Cancer Treatment in the ER. One is not going to get follow up care in the ER.
That's true, only emergency rooms that accept medicare as a form of payment are bound to provide care under EMTALA

Old 03-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Nothing new about people voting against their self interests, look at the demographics of Trump voters, they clearly never even thought about how absurd it was to claim that we could deport 11 million mexicans and bring jobs back that were largely lost to automation.
I'm not really interested in your deflections. My post had nothing to do with Trump.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm not blaming one side. Dems and Repubs BOTH took money from the insurance lobby. I get it. I also understand how employers cut hours and doubled up on part time staff to avoid paying insurance. Insurance is for profit. Period. The point is to cover everyone to lower the cost for everyone so that the system can make a profit. Like car insurance does.
Then stop singling out one side. Stop voting for those who tell you one thing but do another. This is NOT a problem with only one side of the aisle.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:48 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,818,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's true, only emergency rooms that accept medicare as a form of payment are bound to provide care under EMTALA
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/gop...-get-coverage/

This GOP rep thinks people can get cancer care in the ER.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:48 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,413,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not really interested in your deflections. My post had nothing to do with Trump.
I don't think the TOS requires me to post subject matter of interest to any particular reader, but I will double check on that, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies