Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 07:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The reason no president has tried to deal with health care is because it is hard. Obamacare was never fully implemented because Republicans made it as difficult as they could. I do not expect Republicans to do anything but demonize Obamacare and I have read the posts from certain "so called" Democrats while they spout right wingery. Now, they can get what Trump gives them and they better love it because that's it. After seven years of demonizing Obamacare and ignoring how impossible Republicans made it, whatever Trump and Paul Ryan give them is it. I really hope states create their own plans as long as states can create decade long qualification periods for newcomers. My beautiful blue state should not be the answer for sick Republicans.

DO IT. Republicans are going to own this regardless, it doesn't matter how long they debate it, they will own it.

For someone that always talks about their investments, this shouldn't have been a problem. I don't get government health care or subsidies and I won't get them now.
Of course it's hard, <duh> that's why you should want all the input you can get to make it workable. You can't just put something together, ram it through so you can get political kudos. The people who wrote this law obviously didn't understand finance or human nature either.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:52 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,743,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I disagree. This allows plans to remain what insurance should be for, large cost events not tied to lifestyle decisions.
So I'm supposed to be ok with a $375 bill for taking my daughter to her pediatrician for having Strep? $198 AFTER insurance! It's all a bunch of garbage! Let all the illegals stay here and maybe the rest of us should leave to a country that actually takes care of it's citizens!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
They retain the tax on high value employer policies that has not gone into effect yet. What we were seeing there is that emoployers were just eliminating those plans rather than pay taxes on them. Many who have really good insurance will likely be losing it and seeing much higher deductibles and copays.

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course it's hard, <duh> that's why you should want all the input you can get to make it workable. You can't just put something together, ram it through so you can get political kudos. The people who wrote this law obviously didn't understand human nature either.
Sure, okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Debate? Why? I say RAM IT THROUGH just like Democrats did!
Whatever happens, it looks like older people will be paying much more and younger people paying less. If seniors are paying essentially 40% more, will they still love Trump and Ryan? Of course they will.

Can't wait to see what Paul Ryan's plan is for Medicare.

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
I hope a lot of Republicans lose their health care coverage. Trump's their president, they have to smile and say thank you sir may I have another?
the data posted a few places says they will be hit hardest, on average.

it is really sad to see the USA treat its own people so poorly . healthcare bankruptcies arw about to make a big comeback... shame.

it also means people wont be able to retire, thus pity those young folk looking for work...

the fools who voted for change, may end up changing address..

Old 03-06-2017, 07:55 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
So I'm supposed to be ok with a $375 bill for taking my daughter to her pediatrician for having Strep?

If that is the plan you chose, yes.

Do your homework and choose a plan that fits your needs. Combine it with a Flex Med or other FSA to pay your share PRE tax.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Sure, okay.

Whatever happens, it looks like older people will be paying much more and younger people paying less. Can't wait to see what Paul Ryan's plan is for Medicare.
which means they wont retire, and those young folk paying less will have to wait extra years to move up..

healthcare in the USA is just a way to force people to work themselves to death

Old 03-06-2017, 07:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Aren't young people supposed to be saving money to pay down student debt? How the hell are they supposed to do that when they are busy subsidizing everyone's health insurance? If only those young healthy rioters dressed in all black knew that the left is taking advantage of them. They are already paying astronomical tuition prices and subsidizing their liberal college professors and university administrators. I find it absolutely ridiculous that they are somehow the key to unlock affordable healthcare for all. We need to stop exploiting young people by saddling them with lifelong debt. The solution is for people to take care of themselves so that demand for health care is reduced.
^^^ the voice of common sense, the young don't know their being exploited.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:58 PM

if you dont like the plan, dont post call your rep.

camp on their doorstep, move into their homes. gather registered republicans and let your senator or rep knw you will campaign against them for as long as they try to hold office.

when you are done , call them again.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
if you dont like the plan, dont post call your rep.

camp on their doorstep, move into their homes. gather registered republicans and let your senator or rep knw you will campaign against them for as long as they try to hold office.

when you are done , call them again.
What if I'm a Democrat that just thinks Republicans are the dog that caught the car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies