Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 01:58 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with you and bold is the ideal situation. In reality, mass deportation perhaps would cost us billions. There is a reason why President Trump backs away from mass deportation.

I like this new proposal.

I agree with your post though.
Lily --- If DACA is ended, there won't be mass deportations. The so-called DREAMers will either return to college as foreign students or they will leave the country. If they don't do either of those things, eventually, they will be caught. My point is that no one is going to do a mass round up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 02:01 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Well.....yeah.
Seriously? This coming from someone who is perfectly okay with parents who hire coyotes that they never met to smuggle their kids into the US? Never mind that many of the girls put in this situation end up getting raped. You are also okay with parents who drag young children across a harsh desert landscape despite many of those kids dying in the desert.

You have no business accusing anyone of being heartless.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:06 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The type of crime makes a difference for the penalty charged-
you are arrested you can see kids- visit etc. and there is a time frame- bad crime maybe death or life- but still can see kids-
Deportation:
as I explained earlier- lifetime sentence-- unless kids grows up and go sees them some day. very hard for that parent to get back especially if we really tighten up the border.
understand I am thinking about the kids- not the parents
There is a difference in arrest and sentencing.
You seem to have a problem with illegals being arrested as the drop their kids off at school.
If the parents are deported the kids can be reunited and sent back with the parents.
Same situation occurs when both citizen parents are arrested. Either the kid goes to foster care or is placed with a relative and my not be able to visit their parents in jail. So while the criminal is detained for illegal entry their child has equal opportunity to visit them in jail. When they are deported there is no reason their children wouldnt go with them.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:08 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,503 times
The illegals have been gaming the system using their children as "get out of jail" pass. DHS says, NO MORE. What's the big deal? Don't break the law, and if you do (come here illegally with your child(ren)), you are fully aware you might get be separated.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:24 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
We need to stop paying for illegal aliens who fail to raise their own children.

IMO, you block all payments or benefits in this nation to any family not headed by at least one USA citizen or one legal USA resident regardless of child status.

If they can't afford to be here without Americans paying illegal status parents money, then they can take their kids with them, the children can come back on their own when 18.

As it is I know some paying off real estate in Sonora Mexico with our welfare.

I know others with illegal status who grow families always with our welfare state. They do NOT report income to lose welfare and one family had an autistic kid which will cost Americans not only the typical $200,000 education costs through High School, but also now we are stuck paying 15 million or more over life for an American born autistic child dropped here by parents of illegal status who never had the coins on their own to afford a family.

Again, ban all social programs benefits and payouts to all children whose parents have no legal status here.
We need to stop our bleeding.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:08 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Lily --- If DACA is ended, there won't be mass deportations. The so-called DREAMers will either return to college as foreign students or they will leave the country. If they don't do either of those things, eventually, they will be caught. My point is that no one is going to do a mass round up.
Yep. Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies