Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Anyone notice that this article doesn't mention any figures at all? Just a quote from an Ivanka exec that they are the best? Pesky details like that are so boring, right? Critical thinking is hard.
Let me help you

Sales in Feb up 300%
Ivanka Trump clothing and footwear sales skyrocket | Daily Mail Online

• Ivanka Trump brand had its best ever sales month in February
  • The London-based e-commercial startup Lyst reports that Ivanka Trump was the eleventh best-selling brand for the month
  • It was ranked 550 in January, and sales increased 346 per cent from the previous month
  • Ivanka Trump Eau de Parfum has been the top selling fragrance on Amazon for the past two weeks straight
  • New products are also being added to the Macy's online site and Zappos
  • This comes after Nordstrom and other retailers dropped Ivanka brand products for poor sales amid a boycott of her goods by anti-Trump campaigner

There ya go kiddo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 09:19 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
The Trump family using government power to enrich themselves. Whats more American than crony capitalism!

Old 03-08-2017, 10:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Are we supposed to be happy for some reason?

Old 03-09-2017, 03:00 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Are we supposed to be happy for some reason?
Sure, it shows that the MSM and Democratic assault against our President including insulting, maligning and attacking his whole family is not working.

It is insulting the intelligence of sane people of both parties.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Oh my looks like it wasn't actually a 'liberal boycott' that boosted Ivanka's sales--looks like Kellyanne 'no ethics' Conjob did it with her illegal commercial.

Drain the swamp! Lock her up! Chant along with Flynn (oops, forgot--he is a Foreign Agent--who knew)? What have they 'inadvertently' missed with her application form? Is she an Amazon agent?

Just imagine if this was Hillary and Chelsea--Trey Gowdy would already be holding hearings.

"...In January the first daughter’s fashion line ranked No. 550 based on the number of orders from Lyst, the biggest fashion e-commerce website in the world...

That changed dramatically the following month.

Sales of Trump’s products skyrocketed in early February, making her Lyst’s 11th most popular brand. The biggest spike, according to Lyst, came on Feb. 9, when sales jumped by 219 percent from the day before.

Yes, Feb. 9 — the same day that White House counselor Kellyanne Conway promoted Trump’s clothing and jewelry line on “Fox & Friends...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.094b011cb371

Old 03-10-2017, 08:11 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
I guess the unethical endorsements of people in the WH helped her sales and she profited from her connections. Clean government is not supposed to work that way.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Everytime the limp wristed liberal snowflakes get a wild hair and announce a boycott, sales skyrocket.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
This means nothing.

So you sell 100 units of something -- and that's the most you have ever sold...next month you sell 105 -- guess what -- that's record breaking -- lololol.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:48 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everytime the limp wristed liberal snowflakes get a wild hair and announce a boycott, sales skyrocket.
But but ...buy Merica.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:41 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
I'm about as far away from women's fashion as it gets, but I was curious to see why Nordstrom's didn't want Ivanka's line any more.

Even to these aging male eyes, her dresses looked dowdy to me. But what do I know? Nuthin.

So I asked my niece, who managed a lady's apparel store until a few months ago. She had a lot to say about Ivanka's line, but it's all un-repeatable here. What I can say is she pleaded with her district manager not to ship any of Ivanka's stuff here because she couldn't ever sell it.

And this is a young woman who made her living selling clothes to Mormon housewives in small-town Idaho, where Carhartt is dressing in high fashion.

If she knew Ivanaka would not sell here, I can only wonder what the reaction to her clothes must have been to ladies who live in bigger and more sophisticated cities than this one.

To be fair: I have nothing against Ivanka at all. I think she was simply too distracted by her father's demands on her time and attention to tend to her business well, and put out a very large line that totally flopped. Ivanka didn't design the patterns or the clothes, and she wouldn't know a sewing machine from Adam's off ox, so she trusted her brand to her underlings, and they blew it big time.

It's happened before, and it will happen again. As long as her daddy is a major time soak on her attention and concentration, I don't expect her clothing will ever avoid more dumps into the bargain basement. I do hope she can find someone with sharper taste and a better feel for the market than the ones she had last year. If she wants her brand to survive, she really needs a few of those folks, and they will surely have their work cut out for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies