Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 07:33 AM

393 posts, read 167,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don't judge me just because I don't want to get into it here anymore. I just find you redundant and boring...sorry. If you want to continue then message me. I may not respond but at least we won't be going back and forth here. I'm sure people are tired of reading us lol
So you can't give just one example of Savage spewing hate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 07:33 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,766,574 times
Every anti-Savage posting has the same premise, that Savage is evil, disgusting, hateful, nothing good at all. Those words are pretty extreme. Not that he's just very wrong or stupid or that they vehemently disagree, but defend his right to speak just as they have a right to speak. This attitude makes it easy to justify violence. During past wars, we had sarcastic nicknames for our enemies (krauts, japs, gooks), but none of them reduced the enemies to sub-human levels. Their nicknames for Americans, however, reduced us to sub human levels, making it easier to justify starting a war against us. The left is notorious for violence against those who speak against it, even if the target is a gay jew, like Milo Yiannopoulos. He actually suffered his own Kristallnacht in Berkley not long ago. If the situation were reversed, and someone like Wanda Sykes were lynched, we would be in nationwide riots until the whole country was literally nuked. Violence is never justifiable unless in defense. Even among the leftists, attacking a 74 yr old man holding a small 11 yr old dog while quietly dining is not impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if Savage shot him, and I'm sure he could have justified it. With his money, he SHOULD have a body guard or two.
I wonder what the history of the attacker will be when it comes out. I'm looking forward to that.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I would love to see a psychological profile of Weiner. What you would find is someone who is daily taking out his revenge on liberals on the radio for rejecting him all those years ago. He is somewhat of a bellwether for the Republican Party, someone who bases their support on hatred for those who they disagree with, never because they support something they believe in, their core belief being hatred.
Have you ever listened to his show? If so, how many times?

Old 03-16-2017, 08:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Every anti-Savage posting has the same premise, that Savage is evil, disgusting, hateful, nothing good at all. Those words are pretty extreme. Not that he's just very wrong or stupid or that they vehemently disagree, but defend his right to speak just as they have a right to speak. This attitude makes it easy to justify violence. During past wars, we had sarcastic nicknames for our enemies (krauts, japs, gooks), but none of them reduced the enemies to sub-human levels. Their nicknames for Americans, however, reduced us to sub human levels, making it easier to justify starting a war against us. The left is notorious for violence against those who speak against it, even if the target is a gay jew, like Milo Yiannopoulos. He actually suffered his own Kristallnacht in Berkley not long ago. If the situation were reversed, and someone like Wanda Sykes were lynched, we would be in nationwide riots until the whole country was literally nuked. Violence is never justifiable unless in defense. Even among the leftists, attacking a 74 yr old man holding a small 11 yr old dog while quietly dining is not impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if Savage shot him, and I'm sure he could have justified it. With his money, he SHOULD have a body guard or two.
I wonder what the history of the attacker will be when it comes out. I'm looking forward to that.
Do you have some information we don't? Because the person who got into the alteration with him claims Savage was the aggressor. And no one was arrested, which is pretty damning to Savage's version of the event.

In the end, hate begets hate. Savage puts it out there on a daily basis. No surprise it finally caught up to him.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:24 AM

35,133 posts, read 31,425,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
San Francisco is a sick messed up schizoid town. But he chooses to live there. I'll bet you many liberal talking heads and what radio show hosts there are carry guns. He should get one.
This is what I don't understand. He is well known and has a unique look about him. He's easy prey.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:25 AM

89,291 posts, read 45,002,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
So in order to live in a particular area one has to conform and agree with the politics of the majority of that area or be labeled a hypocrite. Or even worse risk being assaulted?
Lefties have never cognitively matured beyond the Jr High school level.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:25 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,766,574 times
Do you really think a 74 yr old man is as aggressive in person, by himself, holding an old small dog, in front of the public, as he might be on the radio? And didn't pull his gun? Of course the other person will say anything in defense of himself. What I said above is absolutely true. Your last sentence proves it.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,122,090 times
Physical violence is abhorrent but Savage has made some very repulsive statements over the years, I was particularly enraged by him labeling veterans with PTSD as "suffering from weakness". I won't even get into his views on Muslims, Blacks, and Hispanics. In short, the guy is a nutcase ... but he still doesn't deserve the be beaten up and have his dog attacked. Shunned maybe, beaten no.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:37 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Have you ever listened to his show? If so, how many times?
I've heard the lowlights from time to time. Of course I would never listen to something so vile for an entire program. If I have to explain why, you wouldn't understand.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've heard the lowlights from time to time. Of course I would never listen to something so vile for an entire program. If I have to explain why, you wouldn't understand.
I spent one year traveling across the country, and rightwing radio was never in short supply. As a result, I spent a lot more time listening to this POS than was probably healthy. He is rabidly hateful.

At some point, that level of vileness is going to catch up to a person. What you put out into the universe comes back to you. He's reaping what he has sown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies