Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:14 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,979,608 times

Advertisements

As Trump has presented his budget, which calls for drastic cuts to programs that give the poor elderly food on the table and heating assistance so they dont starve or freeze to death, while also making massive cuts to health care for rural elderly folks, how will the elderly in America fare? This should concern all of us, as this budget is really devastating for the people we should really lift up in America, not punish in order to fund tax breaks for the billionaire class who is doing phenomenally well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 08:19 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,346,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
As Trump has presented his budget, which calls for drastic cuts to programs that give the poor elderly food on the table and heating assistance so they dont starve or freeze to death, while also making massive cuts to health care for rural elderly folks, how will the elderly in America fare? This should concern all of us, as this budget is really devastating for the people we should really lift up in America, not punish in order to fund tax breaks for the billionaire class who is doing phenomenally well.

How I love listening to the soothing pop-pop-pop of leftist heads exploding while I sip on sweet liberal tears and melted snowflakes.

As long as the looney left is hysterical ... we can rest assured that President Trump is doing all of the right things.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,217 times
And the City Data Award for Most Emotionally Overblown Post goes to ...

Old 03-20-2017, 08:29 AM

23,591 posts, read 17,275,145 times
Quote:
Dems fear mongering campaign now causes deaths.

It wasn't enough to scare children with the earth coming to an end if more tax money isn't collected for redistribution and unaffordable energy prices creates more homelessness.

Dems kill people and blame Trump.

College students get PTSD if they see trump 2016 written in chalk on the sidewalk, compliments of the dems fear mongering campaign.

Dems and the media do their best to mimic the middle east as they find the existence of western society an affront to their ideology, the same as the dems find the existence of trump an affront to their ideology. It matters not what he does, just because he is, is enough to generate hysteria inflamed by lies and imaginary pending doom.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:37 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,620,003 times
Uh? No link for evidence or reason for post?

Even something from CNN?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,939,483 times
Quote:
Are you talking about meals on wheel when you say program that give poor elderly people food on the table so they dont starve and the LIEAP when you say heating assistance so they dont freeze to death. I not sure what massive health care cuts to rural elderly your speaking of, what program is that?

As far as MOW its one meal a day and most of that funding is other than federal money. The elderly still have money, and food stamps and other programs that provide food so they will not starve. Actually starvation or even malnutrition is very rare in this country and when it does occur it is usually due to a mental disability, physical disability or abuse by caretakers.

As far as the energy program I was actually a director or that program many many years ago. Then maximum benefits were 250.00. I saw so much abuse in that program. So no one is going to freeze if the program is cut.

I'm not sure how not supplementing peoples food and heat on a federal level is punishing people.
Giving people money or food is helping them. How is not giving people money or food punishing them.
I spoke to a homeless man in a parking lot yesterday. Did I punish him by not giving him my money?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,346,511 times
It's fun to watch them all act like idiots and still wonder why we'll pickup more seats in 2018. They're just idiots. Obama was a joke. And now, ,they all know how many of us weren't buying all of their bu!!$h!+ in the media and Hollywood.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
^Indeed

Monday morning and already a 1/2 dozen exploding head topics. LOL

Meanwhile President Trump moves on with the nation's business. Bigly.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,342,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
How I love listening to the soothing pop-pop-pop of leftist heads exploding while I sip on sweet liberal tears and melted snowflakes.

As long as the looney left is hysterical ... we can rest assured that President Trump is doing all of the right things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
And the City Data Award for Most Emotionally Overblown Post goes to ...
Excellent examples of out of touch thinking and lack of ability to follow actions through to logical conclusions. Thanks ladies or gents. We need to have concrete examples of the right's inability to think about consequences to actions.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:45 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,787,266 times
OP, lead the way please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies