Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you predict as the outcome of Trump/Putin meeting?
Trump takes no US translator 16 20.51%
Trump gives up something very important to balance of power in Europe 22 28.21%
Putin agrees to help Trump win in 2020 31 39.74%
Trump finally negotiates a Trump Tower in Moscow 20 25.64%
We won't know what the outcome is until it is too late... 43 55.13%
Trump de-fangs Putin and brings the US/Russia closer together... 13 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

Polling your POV but my .02--

The idea that Trump is even competent to actually speak to Putin w/o giving away anything of value--even Ivanka's phone number--is totally incomprehensible to me

The idea that Trump wants to do it because he likely will commit treason seems pretty likely

Look at how screwed he was by NK with that little sit-down that garnered NOTHING but raising the reputation of Kim among his people and the rest of the grown ups who actually understand how foreign policy works...
They all know Trump was played more than the Star-Spangled Banner on July 4th...

Congress should pass a law requiring some government 3rd party to be present--
I don't trust Pompeo really so I don't know who would be acceptable as a viable witness but the idea that the US has NO way of knowing what is actually said in that room is almost proof of conspiracy to me...
Trump did it before (spoke w/Putin w/o any US translator) and we didn't even know about it at the time
So getting an "accurate--word for work translation" is about as likely as the GOP admitting climate change is real...

Old 07-08-2018, 01:47 PM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Trump loves stoking the fire of the losers.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:49 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Would Trump throw Ukraine and the Baltics under the bus? How desperate is he to get his tiny little hands on that "golden shower" video?

Old 07-08-2018, 02:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
the idea that the US has NO way of knowing what is actually said in that room is almost proof of conspiracy to me...
The liberal-commie idea of "democracy":

The winner of elections is only non-treasonous when he is their guy.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:32 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
It'll be just like the trump-Kim meeting. Both will lie about what they said to each other. I see a pattern here.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:35 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
It'll be just like the trump-Kim meeting. Both will lie about what they said to each other. I see a pattern here.
It'll be the best meeting ever! And we will all be able to sleep at night like we can since his meeting with NK. MAGA!

Old 07-08-2018, 02:37 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Trump loves to troll a little bit. He should promise HRC and co. they wont talk about any of their election collusion FINGERS CROSSED.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:39 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I don't know about this supposed private meeting but in a similar vein there was John Kerry meeting with the leaders of Iran, giving them everything they wanted while getting little in return while the mob outside on the street chanted "death to America" yet when he returned he and his boss Obama said it was the greatest deal ever.

Wouldn't it be nice to know what really happened in that meeting?

The same can be asked of Hillary while she was Secretary of State, flying about the world while the bank account of her foundation grew richer and when she lost the election one has to wonder what happened to additional donations to it.
Can anyone say Pay to Play when she took the oval office?

How about Obama himself caught on an open mic with Putin telling him that "I will have more flexibility after the election" .

If what they were talking about was on the up and up then why would he have to wait until after the election? Was it something that Obama knew was going to upset voters?

Who knows?

Trump probably just wants to meet Putin in private so they can have a really good laugh at how the Lefty media flips out over everything he says. If he did this in front of the cameras the headlines would be "Trump attacks the First Amendment".

UGH.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:40 PM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Polling your POV but my .02--

The idea that Trump is even competent to actually speak to Putin w/o giving away anything of value--even Ivanka's phone number--is totally incomprehensible to me

The idea that Trump wants to do it because he likely will commit treason seems pretty likely

Look at how screwed he was by NK with that little sit-down that garnered NOTHING but raising the reputation of Kim among his people and the rest of the grown ups who actually understand how foreign policy works...
They all know Trump was played more than the Star-Spangled Banner on July 4th...

Congress should pass a law requiring some government 3rd party to be present--
I don't trust Pompeo really so I don't know who would be acceptable as a viable witness but the idea that the US has NO way of knowing what is actually said in that room is almost proof of conspiracy to me...
Trump did it before (spoke w/Putin w/o any US translator) and we didn't even know about it at the time
So getting an "accurate--word for work translation" is about as likely as the GOP admitting climate change is real...

Since you gave you .02--

We need to know what your thoughts are when obama told vlad he'd have more flexibility are his reelection.

When obama meet with castro, and had dinner with him, did you care? Or do you think they just talked about grand children?

Old 07-08-2018, 03:56 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Trump loves stoking the fire of the losers.
Is that why you're always so fired up for Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies