Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:24 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't really know what "the left" is -- conservatives are so far to the right that everything to their left is "the left."

I am a liberal and I'm a liberal because I think that the rich should be taxed more to provide a social safety net for those that aren't as rich as they are. I believe in protecting people's rights, not just the rights of corporations. I believe that the government has a legitimate right and obligation to use governmental power to protect people.

If one looks at Republicans, they seem to be only interested in cutting taxes on the rich and cutting regulations that protect Americans.
What percentage of all taxes do you want the rich to pay

Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As stated, thats my biggest problem with him, he went from full blown progressive, to "Conservative,but only because I am a liberal" while stating all his values are what the Democratic party is supposed to stand for, and yet he keeps himself in the company of counter culture types who completely disagree with him on all if not most issues(watch his interview with Ben Shapiro).

He makes this very weird argument of " neither side is perfect, but since im from the left, i will generalize and attack it more"

Its being counter culture for the sake of being counter culture, the road less traveled, only because it is less traveled.

Do you understand what im saying or does it just look like im rambling ?
I understand. I just like it, and enjoyed his Ben Shapiro interview. I think I like it because it's so civil and they find agreement in core issues like free speech and liberty that should be forefront.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:35 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Arent you tired of calling everyone a fascist or racist, regardless of issue?

Do you really want to ban white boards on college campus because someone might write something that offends you?

Are you tired of the left trying to control thought and language?

Are you tired of the oppression Olympics?

Arent you tired of the censorship and anti-free speech and intolerance of the new left?

Arent you tired of cultural appropriation vs the concept of the melting pot. E.pluribus Unum.

Arent you dubious of the left going after people individually for their own views?

True liberalism is about live and let live, but the current left is totalitarian and intolerant.

Are you for free speech or aren't you!

Do I want Texas passing a law that says your doctor can lie to you if you are carrying a child with a birth defect. They can just lie in your face saying everything is fine. And then when you give birth you can't even sue them. What if you don't have the money to take care of their needs or what if they die the minute they are born. That is truly messed up. So no I think I will remain a democrat to fight for women's rights because they sure need it in these red states.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:08 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Reasons why I wouldn't leave the left: Maybe it isn't just Sargon, Andywarski, Black Pigeon Speaks, Prager University and Stefan Molyneux.
But almost all the right counter culture guys believe a variation of either The government which is 90% Christian is trying to oppress Christians. Or the government which is 90% white is trying to oppress white people. Because all our politicians believe in oppressing their electorate. Until the right explain how this is possible without using the AA argument then I have no reason to leave the left. Also if conservatives can also mean what they say when they say I don't see color. Then why do you talk about White South Africans or Sweden like their the only two places were people are oppressed/raped? Because you don't see color right...
What I hear from the right- people from Third world countries are all rapists on welfare, Muslims (my home country is 50% muslim although I'm Christian) are all terrorists, Christian values are so important I voted for Donald Trump over Cruz or Kasich, The 90% white media is pushing anti white racism.

This is what I get with me watching almost all the major conservative youtubers. I honestly don't get the oppression talk and then the immediate complaining that liberals are having an oppression olympics.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 03-23-2017 at 01:19 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 04:57 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Lefty keyboard:

Old 03-23-2017, 05:24 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Usually, when I hear things like "you should dump the left" or "you should vote conservative" or "leave the Democratic plantation", this is my view of it. Said persons want me to vote for THEIR candidate for their own benefits, not mine.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Why would any self respecting person want to join a Right Wing group that has disregard for anything that helps others, but only stand in support of what is self enriching for their individual selfishness?

Why would any humane respecting person want to join a group of people who think "generalized belligerence" is the slap stick answer to everything?

Why would anyone want to Join a Right Wing Group, who continues to show obsessive devotion to "SELECTIVE AMNESIA", while they "sweep their malice under the rug.

Why would anyone want to be any part of a Right Winger Group who support the kind of madness that is taking place in the Nation's Administration and then try and pass if off as "Well, Trump is just being Trump", as if they have already accepted him as their "dictator". And then they want to claim this as being "the new standard".

Why would anyone want to Join a Party, that "crashed the economy, and nearly took down the world economy with their support of greed, and corruption in the stock market, banking, insurance and played games with the homes of people, and left millions homeless?

Why would anyone want to join a party, that has aversion to others getting health care, and crying and whining because the bulk of the people want a system that respects and cares for the individual human being? Why would anyone support some "idiocy repeal" and have no thought to simply amend and improve something that already is working for millions? If Republican are so smart, why did they fight against the single payer system, which could have forced Insurance companies to work across all 50 state lines?

It is not even a reasonable consideration to want to join a part, who functions like "a mass of Surf's", pandering to their wealthy masters with tax break upon tax breaks, and then waiting for some crumbs to be thrown to them?

Any part that has the audacity to want to diminish and make difficult Medicare, Diminish Social Security, and attack Medicaid, is not a part that has any sense of humane regard for society. They demonstrate they are self consumed as if they are obsessed with selfish greed to the point it promotes inhumane aspirations in and of everything they do. Now why would anyone want to be a party to that?

When it comes to Overt and Covert Bigotry and Race Bias, it clings to those in this party like an appendage, they abuse religion with their false claim, as it is certain, that none can claim to love God, and promote bigotry, race bias, fight against anything and everything that helps the human being, and chase money as if its is what they truly worship. How can it support a pretense of morality, but when it comes to point, they accept anything if one is cloaked in material matter, and boast of wealthy, or push some image cloaked in over prices clothing's. Why would anyone want to join into such an organization of groupings.

When it comes to "Overt Waste" as has been seen in the current Administration of wasting money to allow a man to fly around on government equipment and promote his own personal resort facility on a weekly basis, while again, wasting 100's of thousands "a day", so his wife can play "Queen of the glass castle".

We've seen 'every Republican Administration, take down American over the past 50 yrs, and then deny the wrongs they've done, deny the wars waste they supported and destabilized the entire Middle East, and supported massive outsourcing for two decades and more, resulting to weaken America and Devastate its employment sector and its industrial capacity. By such acts; expanding the spread of poverty, to leave desecrated inner cities and industrial blight all across the country. Then push to abolish regulatory governance, including aims to destroy environmental concerns protections, while at the same time, trying to abolish the system of nations working together, such as the aims to Weaken - NATO's strength, to support the aims of Putin's desire to disband NATO. "Why would anyone want to join and be a party to that?

Then why would anyone in their right mind, want to Join a Party, that chose the Global Money Washer, who has demonstrated that he will "fleece anything to any degree" for the sake of money and ego aims of self elation?

Why would anyone want to join and be a party to the 'Aims to Resurrect the Confederacy, and promote some backwards Antebellum System Renewal, of which Right Wingers have been Trying to do for over 150 yrs+.....?

Do people on the Right really think the bulk of Americans would want to Join some Right Wing -"Hate and Attack" everything organization?

Last edited by Chance and Change; 03-23-2017 at 06:16 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 05:57 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Default people on the Right and the Left, who seem to utilize THIS kind of Keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Lefty keyboard:
That looks like it was designed for "Right Winger's", its the first thought that comes to mind looking at such an image. I guess they've gone from code words, to using the alphabet as encryption for the code words, so they can type and spew more of what is demonstrated in the picture.

Fact is:
The sad thing is: we all know, there are people on the Right and the Left, who seem to utilize THIS kind of Keyboard. BUT... !!!!! it appears by all conduct and actions and the way bills are crafted and the generalized conduct and motivations by the "right wing", this is the selections of keys they like to use the most !!!!. only a small number of the right leaning Left, would be the only members in the Left who would use such keys.
We've always known that the Right, left some Rightist, members within the ranks of the Left, they are known as Right Leaning Leftist, who were planted there, by the Right to try and be the disruptors and vote swayers to the Right's aspirations. The only good thing is the Left has figured out, how to spot the Right Leaning one and diminish the havoc they seek to promote.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 03-23-2017 at 06:05 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Usually, when I hear things like "you should dump the left" or "you should vote conservative" or "leave the Democratic plantation", this is my view of it. Said persons want me to vote for THEIR candidate for their own benefits, not mine.
No. I'm not saying jump republican. I'm saying take a hard look at where the left is headed.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
That looks like it was designed for "Right Winger's", its the first thought that comes to mind looking at such an image. I guess they've gone from code words, to using the alphabet as encryption for the code words, so they can type and spew more of what is demonstrated in the picture.

Fact is:
The sad thing is: we all know, there are people on the Right and the Left, who seem to utilize THIS kind of Keyboard. BUT... !!!!! it appears by all conduct and actions and the way bills are crafted and the generalized conduct and motivations by the "right wing", this is the selections of keys they like to use the most !!!!. only a small number of the right leaning Left, would be the only members in the Left who would use such keys.
We've always known that the Right, left some Rightist, members within the ranks of the Left, they are known as Right Leaning Leftist, who were planted there, by the Right to try and be the disruptors and vote swayers to the Right's aspirations. The only good thing is the Left has figured out, how to spot the Right Leaning one and diminish the havoc they seek to promote.
The keyboard is emblematic of identity politics of the left. Everything is seen through the prism of race rather the individual accountability and action. You completely missed the point.
Also I'll reply to your other post as soon as I have a free hour!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies