Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 01:44 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes, I agree. After WWII ended, punching a Nazi in the face is not legal anymore.
Neither is kicking a commie for Christ.
Also you no longer can hang a black man from the nearest tree on Saturday night for looking at a white girl.
Sending Anthrax spores to a liberal politician will definitely land you in the slammer, now.
Wearing a Burka at a Trump rally will get you thrown out and roughed up by Trump's private security force.
Placing a Christian Cross on your neighbor's lawn and then burning it will get you arrested if they catch you .
Burning down a Mosque in America is a sure way to end up in Federal prison.
Knocking over all the tombstones in a Jewish cemetary will get you a fine and heavy restitution fees if you get caught.
Walking into a Church and shooting all the people while they pray will most likely get you the death penalty.

I'm sorry..............what was the point to this thread, again?
Seems like they were trying to promote justification in attacking those of an opposing ideal.

Now I can understand such a position, but usually people of honor, of integrity who are not worthless trash declare war upon such and under war, attacks of such nature are accepted due to such.

Problem is, we have cowards who refuse to declare war, but act as in war and then wish to hide behind the civility of peace time laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 01:44 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
So is a communist is it not? I mean, history shows they have killed 100's of millions in their wake? Should we attack them, beat them down on sight?

We aren't talking about "general" or "overall" threat. We are talking about "immediate" threat and if you think you can attack someone as such simply because of their view, you deserve to be dead the moment you attack and some states would support the lethal defense of people like you in your aggression.

The fact is, YOU have NO legal right to attack another simply based on their political/moral position that is counter to yours. While I have disdain for a Nazi's position, I support their right to PUT YOU DOWN DEAD if you physically attack them and threaten their lives, and just so you understand I would support your right to do the same in defense of their attack on you physically.

Either you believe in freedom, or you do not. If not, get the hell out of this country.
I never said a Communist wasn't a threat to me. However, this thread was about punching a Nazi. I never said there was a legal right to punch someone. I just said I can't muster up sympathy for said Nazi.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:53 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said a Communist wasn't a threat to me. However, this thread was about punching a Nazi. I never said there was a legal right to punch someone. I just said I can't muster up sympathy for said Nazi.
My bad, I guess I got confused with your "matter of fact" statement: "A Nazi is a threat to me!"

It was my poor inference, I read too much into it. Apologies.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:56 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Any attempt to diminish a brutal and unprovoked assault is just disgusting. There is no excuse. It isn't funny. It isn't okay. And it isn't, "No big deal" just on your say so.
I literally said in a subsequent post to the one you quoted: "Link preferably with video so we can make sure the punch was a clean one."

I can pull up endless videos of assaults on Trump supporters and Trump protesters. It's not some one-sided thing; people were increasingly more violent over this election season into this year. Pushing the narrative of "my side is sweet, peaceful, innocent, defenseless" and the other side being "militant evil meanies" is only going to be met with an objective critique of the punch(es).

And this case, the gentleman had very poor form. Based on the angle of impact and his arm position, the impact of the blow came only from his weight and momentum, rather than based on any sort of muscle strength. I'd rate it 2 out of 10.

Got anymore?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
I don't feel sorry for the Nazi who got punched. I'm more afraid of the Nazi than the liberal. Liberals have done nothing to me.
what have nazis done to you?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:34 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
yeah you need something to back that up. And dont forget where you are. This is city data, all the info you need without even leaving the site....
? What are you babbling about

Old 03-22-2017, 02:46 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Some of the most murderous states are red states: Louisiana, Mississippi, Alaska, Tennessee, Missouri, Alabama, South Carolina.

And it is the Democrat base that is committing most of the murders in those red states.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
My bad, I guess I got confused with your "matter of fact" statement: "A Nazi is a threat to me!"

It was my poor inference, I read too much into it. Apologies.
No problem.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And it is the Democrat base that is committing most of the murders in those red states.
Then explain Democratic cities with low murder rates: Honolulu, Seattle, Minneapolis, San Jose, Boston, Austin, Denver, Portland.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:50 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what have nazis done to you?
Well, they were directly responsible for killing entire sections of some peoples' family tree, for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies