Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 11:15 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Clinton got crucified for calling some Trump supporters deplorables. You have quite the double standard when it comes to being politically correct.
Yea, and as it turned out, Clinton is the deplorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 11:15 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, like today and the past week. Millions of middle class people who were smart to put money aside to fund their elderly years are not losing money because Democrats refuse to work with Republicans. They want Obamacare no matter who it hurts. And Democrats are taking pleasure in this.

Liberal mentality hoping for failure is sick.
Again, why do you quote my posts and then say something that has nothing to do with what I said? By using my post dishonestly, you imply that I am hoping for failure, and I resent such a slur. Address what I said or ignore my post. Simple.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:16 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Because he's a dangerous, ignorant idiot.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:18 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Obama had one of the most narcissistic personalities I have seen in a president in years.
Arrogance and narcissism are not the same thing.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:18 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If I recall, McCain was going after him, and when Trump fired back, they criticized Trump for going after a "war hero", and Trump said, "He's a war hero because he was captured? I like people who weren't captured".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1ajHAeXMU

I get tired of people telling me that anyone who serves in the military is a hero. That if you served in any war ever, that you're a war hero. They even ramble constantly about how every single police officer is a hero. Even going so far as to say that police dogs are heroes.

Lets be honest hero, the mere act of serving in the military doesn't make you a hero. And the mere act of being a police officer doesn't make you a hero either.

The reason we worship the military and the police, is because we are told to, and attacked as unpatriotic if we don't.

Do I think McCain is a better man than Trump? I do. But that doesn't mean that I think he is a hero, nor does it mean that I want McCain to be president. I mean, I think Obama is a good man, but a terrible president.

Obama made race-relations worse during his tenure. Obama's racists in the justice department, made racial incidents, such as the Trayvon Martin affair, worse, by claiming everything was a hate-crime. In the case of Baltimore, it was a black-majority city, with a black mayor, and Obama and the other race-baiters in his administration, did everything they could to exacerbate the problem.

He should be held accountable.

Not that I agree with such a policy, but does it violate the 4th amendment? It was on the books for years and never struck down as unconstitutional.
Whether or not Trump disagrees with McCain's comments, claiming "I like soldiers who weren't captured" is the utmost disrespect. Period. I never said McCain was a war hero. I said I have far more respect for him than Trump. McCain didn't run. He served, and went through the wringer. Anyone who does that for their country has my respect.

President Obama didn't make things worse. Things were already bad. There were riots before he got in office. There were those who didn't want a Black man in office. Baltimore was a cauldron waiting to happen and the mayor, not the President, should be held responsible.

And about stop and frisk: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8e54b6f7fc03

Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Again, why do you quote my posts and then say something that has nothing to do with what I said? By using my post dishonestly, you imply that I am hoping for failure, and I resent such a slur. Address what I said or ignore my post. Simple.
YOUR Entire Quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm old enough that I didn't have to watch the videos. That's just who he always was, which is why it was so surprising to so many from the NYC metro area that people fell for his stories. But then again, it's not surprising. That IS what he has always been good at.

I don't hate him, I'm just perplexed that so many people think he's "patriotic" and "concerned about America". He is first and foremost a huckster. If you voted for him because that's what you'd rather have in office than a slimy career politician, allrighty then, but don't try to reinvent him into something he's not.
And I'm asking you why you don't consider Trump patriotic but say nothing about people who won't carry their own weight in life, people who think it's ok for government to take from other people to give to them. Do you consider people like this patriotic? Yet you're perplexed why people think Trump is patriotic?

You keep skirting around my question.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Really? How is it irrational? NK just declared today they're ready for war with us. Trump is destabilizing the world at record pace.
NK has been a problem long before Trump took office, but he seems to be the only one willing to address it.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:22 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting Mightyqueen....

What is so patriotic about someone who doesn't pay their own way, who expects someone else to pick up their tab, someone on welfare who refuses to pull their own weight, someone who has children they can't support, someone who won't support their own offspring, someone who does drugs etc.

What makes people like that patriotic and Trump not?

What's so patriotic about someone who condones the use of eminent domain, the taking of property from others, to be used for profit making by private enterprise?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:22 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
^^^ Some people always have and always see racism in everything, even in their white milk. I've noticed this is your FAVORITE subject lol
You don't feel there was racism involved in his involvement with Obama's birth certificate, did he do the same for Romney. He has played on peoples fears regarding race, religion, crime and immigration, painting this big scary condition. His supporters lapped it up even though none of his hyperbole was supported by facts.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
In your post you talk about a c-d member that said Trump was patriotic. You stated it in such a way that you disagree. So I ask you.. instead of diverting around my question, answer it.

What is so patriotic about someone who doesn't pay their own way, who expects someone else to pick up their tab, someone on welfare who refuses to pull their own weight, someone who has children they can't support, someone who won't support their own offspring, someone who does drugs etc.

What makes people like that patriotic and Trump not?
What on earth is wrong with you???? One thing has nothing to do with the other. Please tell me where on God's green earth you got the idea that I ever said that what you are going on about are patriotic things. NOBODY I ever met thinks people who live that way are patriotic.

If you truly have a comprehension problem, I apologize, but frankly, it looks a lot as if you are just pretending to be stupid, and I am not sure why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies