Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 06:08 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,903,792 times

Advertisements

Trump tried to push the healthcare bill way too fast. It was poorly constructed and no one really liked it. Liberals don't like it and conservatives don't like it, why would it pass. The only big supporters of this bill were Ryan and Trump, and they couldn't get their followers on board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 06:19 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,861,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I personally would have been perfectly fine with repealing Obamacare and not replacing it with anything. I know that myself, my family, and almost everyone I know would have been better off, since our health care was fine before Obamacare came along. The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits. Many of them are also illegal aliens and anchor babies. Many also live in the inner-city and are used to generational welfare dependency.

Maybe Trump shouldn't have kept any of the provisions? That probably would have gotten more conservative Republican votes and got the repeal bill passed. I disagree with the age 26 thing because kids should learn to be independent. I think age 23 is the absolute max that a "child" should be covered under their parents' insurance. But I guess in a world where college students and "young adults" still need safe spaces with teddy bears age 24 or 25 isn't truly grown up yet especially if they go to college.

Trump overall DOES NOT Have to reach out to the liberals. Nothing he does will ever satisfy them, but can cost him support among his base. He won this election with his base and as long as he keeps his base satisfied and sticks to his guns, he can win AGAIN without the votes of liberals and Democrats. I sure hope he never compromises on the wall or on deporting illegals.

You really need to look at that pent up anger. Hate to break it to you, but not everyone who benefited from Obamacare was a "leech on society or illegal aliens". A lot of them are people, just like you and me, but who have not had the circumstances available to be able to afford healthcare up until now. Things like pre existing conditions kept them unable to even be considered.

I see so many posts like yours, where they are saying "I am ok so let's not do anything to help out anyone else." Fortunately, the majority of us realize that we are all in this together, and sometimes we , who are better off, help those who need a helping hand. THAT is America, not the hate filled world you portray.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:42 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I see so many posts like yours, where they are saying "I am ok so let's not do anything to help out anyone else." Fortunately, the majority of us realize that we are all in this together, and sometimes we , who are better off, help those who need a helping hand. THAT is America, not the hate filled world you portray.
I often wonder who would want to live in the dog-eat-dog utopia envisioned by conservatives.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:46 AM

35,735 posts, read 21,087,398 times
Quote:
I personally would have been perfectly fine with repealing Obamacare and not replacing it with anything. I know that myself, my family, and almost everyone I know would have been better off, since our health care was fine before Obamacare came along. The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits. Many of them are also illegal aliens and anchor babies. Many also live in the inner-city and are used to generational welfare dependency.

Maybe Trump shouldn't have kept any of the provisions? That probably would have gotten more conservative Republican votes and got the repeal bill passed. I disagree with the age 26 thing because kids should learn to be independent. I think age 23 is the absolute max that a "child" should be covered under their parents' insurance. But I guess in a world where college students and "young adults" still need safe spaces with teddy bears age 24 or 25 isn't truly grown up yet especially if they go to college.

Trump overall DOES NOT Have to reach out to the liberals. Nothing he does will ever satisfy them, but can cost him support among his base. He won this election with his base and as long as he keeps his base satisfied and sticks to his guns, he can win AGAIN without the votes of liberals and Democrats. I sure hope he never compromises on the wall or on deporting illegals.
myself, my family, and almost everyone I know
well this is the problem now is it not? the few, better off like where they are, and frak everyone else--- rem what Madonna said in her speech-- please apply-

Old 03-25-2017, 07:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,949,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
OP is an example why and how Trump won Reaching out to liberal, really

Trump clearly failed here simply because he had no idea what he's doing or promised but they'd rather believe he failed because he tried to reach out to liberals who did not return the favor
Paul Ryan should have been reaching out to the Dems. Strange, people can't see neither side wanted to help President Trump and in the end, it is not President Trump who loses insurance, it's the working American people. Pelosi said this was a Great Day........ Great Day for who? Certainly, not ALL Americans!

All ACA did, was rob from one class to give to another. There is no reason for many of us to have lost insurance, just to give people with existing conditions insurance. I have family members with existing conditions who still lost their insurance, so this line is not exactly true!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,949,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
myself, my family, and almost everyone I know
well this is the problem now is it not? the few, better off like where they are, and frak everyone else--- rem what Madonna said in her speech-- please apply-
I see those on the other side saying F those who use to have it. So what is the difference? I do believe most people have no idea who has insurance and who doesn't let alone understanding premiums and deductible.

Since you seem to know so much about how others are using insurance, just what are others paying and what are their deductibles? This will tell us if the plan is fair or just helping the select few to BC and maternity care. Why should men pay for birth control and maternity care?

There was a time when Madonna told papa not to preach, now she seems to be telling young women a different way to take care of unwanted babies.......is this part of that unwanted pre-existing condition hidden in the ACA plan?

Old 03-25-2017, 07:32 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,632,865 times
Quote:
I live in a very pro-Trump area in the South and most people had good insurance before. Most people also had good jobs in coal mining and other industries and some in agriculture that have been decimated by the EPA and government overregulation. Obamacare was designed as part of Obama's redistribution of wealth and racial justice philosophy to benefit the inner city and illegal immigrants. These have been the main beneficiaries of Obamacare.

By the way in the past.....my aunt had cancer and her BlueCross plan covered her entire treatment and she still lives a good lower middle class life. People here are blue collar for the most part but we have our pride and dignity, not like the illegals and the people in the ghettos in the big cities thank you very much.

Once NAFTA is renegotiated and once the wall reduces illegal immigration, more Americans will be working and receiving insurance in that manner.
Translation: Only rural, white, blue-collar people matter

Old 03-25-2017, 07:34 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,606,024 times
Quote:
I live in a very pro-Trump area in the South and most people had good insurance before. Most people also had good jobs in coal mining and other industries and some in agriculture that have been decimated by the EPA and government overregulation. Obamacare was designed as part of Obama's redistribution of wealth and racial justice philosophy to benefit the inner city and illegal immigrants. These have been the main beneficiaries of Obamacare.

By the way in the past.....my aunt had cancer and her BlueCross plan covered her entire treatment and she still lives a good lower middle class life. People here are blue collar for the most part but we have our pride and dignity, not like the illegals and the people in the ghettos in the big cities thank you very much.

Once NAFTA is renegotiated and once the wall reduces illegal immigration, more Americans will be working and receiving insurance in that manner.
Coal is going away because they have found cheaper and cleaner alternatives such as natural gas. Manufacturing is in danger due to automation more so than from going to other countries, unless you want to propose a law that forbids machines and robots from doing the work that people should be doing?

Also, NAFTA provides nearly 5 million Americans with jobs, the U.S. Actually has a higher trade deficit with first world nations like Germany and Japan than with Mexico, but I guess since Mexicans are seen as the boogeymen and their country is not as strong it's easier to use them as a scapegoat.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:35 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,284,905 times
Trump didn't even reach out to Republicans. If he had, anything he sponsored would pass.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:36 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:

Well said.

And there are a lot of Republicans in Congress who are weak-kneed sell-outs, or who just hate Trump because he's not a neo-con globalist open-borders type like them.

He needs to stop catering to them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies