Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I didn't see it either.
Why would Trump reach out to liberals after Chuckie and Nancy said they were going to block him on everything they could?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 08:19 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Why would Trump reach out to liberals after Chuckie and Nancy said they were going to block him on everything they could?
Oh please, the conservat@rds pulled the same act with Obama for his entire Presidency. But, it's good when they obstruct, right?

Old 03-25-2017, 08:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Oh please, the conservat@rds pulled the same act with Obama for his entire Presidency. But, it's good when they obstruct, right?
You didn't answer my question.

Why would Trump reach out to liberals when Chuckie and Nancy said they would block him on everything they could?

There, I repeated it for you so you don't have to go look at my earlier post.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:27 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It is interesting to note that when president Obama was elected the first time there was a meeting of major Republicans which determined to block anything the president backed. This included programs they might have otherwise supported, in order to make the president seem like a failure. This practice continued for eight years.

It was pretty boldly partisan and gridlocked our government considerably. Anyone reading here should be able to come up with a host of examples of this if they can remember up to eight years back.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Trump didn't even reach out to Republicans. If he had, anything he sponsored would pass.
Why do the Dems always think others should move first, while they sit on the floor and act like children?

The Dems and GOP knew this was coming and neither side was planning on stepping up, both of them thought Hillary would win, which, would continue the lame ACA. Why is it President Trump who just took office, should be the one to know it all? Dems and NeverTrump Team are the same F'n team working against him!

I think President Trump has tried to reach out, it's the ones who think Obama did such a great job ruining health insurance doing all the damage.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why do the Dems always think others should move first, while they sit on the floor and act like children?

The Dems and GOP knew this was coming and neither side was planning on stepping up, both of them thought Hillary would win, which, would continue the lame ACA. Why is it President Trump who just took office, should be the one to know it all?
Maybe because Trump told us he knew how to fix it? And that he was the only one who could? And because he had a "wonderful plan that would cover every American and cost less than the ACA? So basically you're saying people are suckers for believing him. Which I would agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think President Trump has tried to reach out, it's the ones who think Obama did such a great job ruining health insurance doing all the damage.
Please tell us when and how Trump tried to reach out to Democrats. Be specific, because we Democrats apparently missed it. Enlighten us, please.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:14 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
-Rush Limbaugh
To be honest, that sounds more like Michael Savage than Rush Limbaugh. Savage is actually an insane, bitter old man, Limbaugh is more an entertainer.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
He wanted to keep some of the provisions like the age 26 requirement I mentioned above, if you had read my complete post. He also wanted to keep the things about pre-existing conditions in Obamacare.

I (like the conservative Republicans in Congress) would have preferred that Obamacare been completely dismantled and not replaced with anything, for us to go back to the way things were before because that worked out best for myself, my family and my community. Almost everyone I know was hurt by Obamacare and we just want the old system back, with less illegal aliens and anchor babies abusing it and more insurance competition across state lines. If we bring more jobs back, reduce illegal immigration, end job killing regulations we will also have more money for health insurance.

The people who benefited from Obamacare are mostly illegal immigrants, anchor babies, the ghetto BLM type Democrats and others who feel entitled and don't want to work for their healthcare or for anything.

Trump is also less serious now about actively deporting more illegals. I guess liberals don't consider DUI a serious crime anymore and don't think illegals convicted of it should be deported?
What you perceive as "reaching out to liberals" is really just Trump being Trump -- he panders -- promising all the goodies that people like, while panning the things, like the mandate, that make those goodies possible.

Moreover, it isn't like Trump carefully educated himself on these provisions. He knew what people like and said he'd keep them.

BTW, one of those things people said that they like was having insurance companies not discriminate on preexisting conditions. On Friday, to lure more Freedom Caucasian Congressmen, he offered to scuttle that too. So much for his promises.

You give way too much credit to Trump. He was a minor league con-man that can't make it in the major league in Washington. The tactic that he tried to use yesterday, (pass this or I'm out) is straight from his book The Art of the Deal (scare the other guy that you are walking away.) It didn't work.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:24 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It is interesting to note that when president Obama was elected the first time there was a meeting of major Republicans which determined to block anything the president backed. This included programs they might have otherwise supported, in order to make the president seem like a failure. This practice continued for eight years.

It was pretty boldly partisan and gridlocked our government considerably. Anyone reading here should be able to come up with a host of examples of this if they can remember up to eight years back.
You don't have to go back 8 years. Just go back 1 year to when Obama nominated Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. Garland was a universally liked moderate with a great record but the Republicans wouldn't give him a vote, just to spite Obama. And NOW they want cooperation from the Democrats? What goes around comes around.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:45 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I personally would have been perfectly fine with repealing Obamacare and not replacing it with anything. I know that myself, my family, and almost everyone I know would have been better off, since our health care was fine before Obamacare came along. The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits. Many of them are also illegal aliens and anchor babies. Many also live in the inner-city and are used to generational welfare dependency.

Maybe Trump shouldn't have kept any of the provisions? That probably would have gotten more conservative Republican votes and got the repeal bill passed. I disagree with the age 26 thing because kids should learn to be independent. I think age 23 is the absolute max that a "child" should be covered under their parents' insurance. But I guess in a world where college students and "young adults" still need safe spaces with teddy bears age 24 or 25 isn't truly grown up yet especially if they go to college.

Trump overall DOES NOT Have to reach out to the liberals. Nothing he does will ever satisfy them, but can cost him support among his base. He won this election with his base and as long as he keeps his base satisfied and sticks to his guns, he can win AGAIN without the votes of liberals and Democrats. I sure hope he never compromises on the wall or on deporting illegals.
Sounds like you have only worked good jobs at companies big enough to provide good health care. I have worked at a lot of small companies with crappy health care. Where I had to pay $400 a month as a single with high company's for insurance. Or other jobs where I didn't ha e access to insurance for 3+ months. And get denied for "pre-existing" conditions. Now my 30-something sister is recovering from cancer that requires lifetime treatment - a pre existing condition.

Healthcare pricing schemes shouldn't require winning the health lottery to be affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies