Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 09:19 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,121,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
“When we win on Nov. 8 and elect a Republican Congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. We have to do it... I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace,” he continued. “And it will be such an honor for me, for you and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced. And we will do it, and we will do it very, very quickly. It is a catastrophe.”

"I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:.....
5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications."

So he has several versions going of his grand plan evidently, including the words Replace (key) and immediately. Which quotes came first? If he meant 100 days the whole time, why use immediately? Very very quickly?

Why do we have to "look into his heart" and roll the Magic 8 ball to figure out what he theoretically could have meant instead of taking him at his word? He failed on his promise for immediate replacement. He didn't even really have a magical plan figured out either... just glommed onto the blah Ryancare thing that did not fulfill his promise of cheaper healthcare for all.

Why can't he admit it didn't work out like he hoped/intended/overly promised and commit to do better instead of this word salad quote where he now focuses on how he never said the exact number of 64 to weasel out of campaign promises?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 09:30 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,394,632 times
I don't much like Bill Maher, but this is pretty funny...

Old 03-25-2017, 09:36 PM

13,583 posts, read 10,004,314 times
Oh god, the really awful thing is that he's only been at this for 65 days. Feels like 65 years. It's an eternity already.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:56 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,490,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
I don't much like Bill Maher, but this is pretty funny...

From the video:

"You are going to wind up with great health care, for fraction of the price, and that is going to take place immediately after we go in. Immediately! Fast! Quick!" - Trump

Old 03-25-2017, 11:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
“When we win on Nov. 8 and elect a Republican Congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. We have to do it... I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace,” he continued. “And it will be such an honor for me, for you and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced. And we will do it, and we will do it very, very quickly. It is a catastrophe.”

"I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:.....
5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications."

Sounds a lot like Randcare....

Old 03-25-2017, 11:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
The Republicans have sent a halfass businessman to do a politician's job. He's so far out of his depth that I'm starting to think that he'll have few if any legislative successes. He doesn't understand politics. And the Republicans in Congress don't respect him whatsoever. For them to hand him a defeat of this magnitude is pretty much treasonous.

His press conference following the meeting with Ryan is one of the most shameful episodes I've ever seen in the White House. He took responsibility for NOTHING! He lashed out at Pelosi and Schumer as if it were their fault that he couldn't hold his party together for a bill that they didn't have ready for consensus after seven years of repeal attempts. Then he outright lies about what he promised regarding the repeal and replace, which further made him look like a buffoon.

This guy isn't playing with a full deck.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:40 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,917,649 times
He's a snake oil salesman. A con man. He duped a bunch of people to vote for him and is laughing all the way to Mar a Lago.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:53 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,794,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Bad part is that his supports will agree with him.
What I fail to understand is why his supporters do not see the obvious. Trump may very well be the best president in History, possibly the greatest leader that ever lived. All hail Trump. But he's not the King, he needs congress to get anything done. And despite the republicans having a majority, that's not happening. His style bulling and my way or the highway isn't working in Washington. He may be an accomplished real estate billionaire genius, but on Capital hill, he's little more than a toddler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
His press conference following the meeting with Ryan is one of the most shameful episodes I've ever seen in the White House. He took responsibility for NOTHING!
He never does, business venture and business venture he promises the moon, but when thing go south, he always blames someone else. I challenge someone to show me a quite from him where he takes responsibility for a failure, any failure, Business, Political or Personal. By the time Trump presidency is finished in four years, I think people will finally see what a scam artist he is. The Trump name will be worthless, no business or entity will want to have any connection to him. He'll be lucky to get his name on products at a 99 cent store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Why can't he admit it didn't work out like he hoped/intended/overly promised and commit to do better instead of this word salad quote where he now focuses on how he never said the exact number of 64 to weasel out of campaign promises?

Because he never would have gotten elected if he told the truth. While most politicians lie a little to get elected, Trump took political lies to unprecedented levels. Most politicians at least have rough plans or outlines when they make promises, Trump was just saying anything to get elected, he had no clue how to make any of his promises reality. It's a sad to see so many that people in this United States were so stupid to not see through his clowns lies and elected him. And it baffles me they still support him, why can't they admit they were hood winked, and made a huge mistake.

Last edited by TechGromit; 03-26-2017 at 06:18 AM..

Old 03-27-2017, 08:42 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,129,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
What I fail to understand is why his supporters do not see the obvious. Trump may very well be the best president in History, possibly the greatest leader that ever lived. All hail Trump. But he's not the King, he needs congress to get anything done. And despite the republicans having a majority, that's not happening. His style bulling and my way or the highway isn't working in Washington. He may be an accomplished real estate billionaire genius, but on Capital hill, he's little more than a toddler.

He never does, business venture and business venture he promises the moon, but when thing go south, he always blames someone else. I challenge someone to show me a quite from him where he takes responsibility for a failure, any failure, Business, Political or Personal. By the time Trump presidency is finished in four years, I think people will finally see what a scam artist he is. The Trump name will be worthless, no business or entity will want to have any connection to him. He'll be lucky to get his name on products at a 99 cent store.

Because he never would have gotten elected if he told the truth. While most politicians lie a little to get elected, Trump took political lies to unprecedented levels. Most politicians at least have rough plans or outlines when they make promises, Trump was just saying anything to get elected, he had no clue how to make any of his promises reality. It's a sad to see so many that people in this United States were so stupid to not see through his clowns lies and elected him. And it baffles me they still support him, why can't they admit they were hood winked, and made a huge mistake.
Sadly, some, like Trump, can't ever admit they are wrong while others actually revel in the chaos that comes with a Trump presidency. Go figure. After all of this is over and done with, the Republican party will be ruined for supporting this buffoon.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 PM

18,216 posts, read 15,766,591 times
If you ever doubted the extent of the level of dumb & crazy in this country, doubt no more. THIS is what people elected as their prez. Gullible doesn't even begin to cover it. And what's even crazier is his supporters will never admit they were conned. They'll find any excuse to absolve him, mark my words. His supporters will blame everyone else but him. They will perpetuate the fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies