Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 11:08 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess you'll just keep ignoring the hypocrisy and the lies. Did you read any of the links or watch the videos when he said he would never play golf and continually criticized Obama for doing it? Sometimes I feel as if we're in an Abbott and Costello movie.

"He said he would never play golf and vilified Obama for years in interviews, tweets & at rallies."

"So what's wrong with the fact that he played golf 13 times in only 9 weeks?"

"But he said he would never play golf."

"So? Why can't he play golf? He's the President!

"But he promised he would never play golf. In fact he said he would never take a vacation and would rarely leave the White House."

"He's the President. He deserves time off."

yet you don't care about the hypocrisy of the left??

the fact that MR trump said a few things, and PRES trump does a few others...

who cares

MR Obama said bush was un-American for increasing the debt by 4 trillion dollars...yet you and he say nothing about his admin seeing the debt rise 10 trillion

everyone criticizes someone else....and 99% of the time those very people who did the criticizing cant do a better job...doesn't matter which party they are affiliated with

but what we see HERE on CD is certainly some hypocrisy, as all you armchair politician wannabe's certainly will criticize day in day out, against the opposing party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 11:18 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yet you don't care about the hypocrisy of the left??

the fact that MR trump said a few things, and PRES trump does a few others...

who cares

MR Obama said bush was un-American for increasing the debt by 4 trillion dollars...yet you and he say nothing about his admin seeing the debt rise 10 trillion

everyone criticizes someone else....and 99% of the time those very people who did the criticizing cant do a better job...doesn't matter which party they are affiliated with

but what we see HERE on CD is certainly some hypocrisy, as all you armchair politician wannabe's certainly will criticize day in day out, against the opposing party
We've been understudying you since Jan 20th, 2009 when President Obama was sworn in.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:56 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess you'll just keep ignoring the hypocrisy and the lies. Did you read any of the links or watch the videos when he said he would never play golf and continually criticized Obama for doing it? Sometimes I feel as if we're in an Abbott and Costello movie.

"He said he would never play golf and vilified Obama for years in interviews, tweets & at rallies."

"So what's wrong with the fact that he played golf 13 times in only 9 weeks?"

"But he said he would never play golf."

"So? Why can't he play golf? He's the President!

"But he promised he would never play golf. In fact he said he would never take a vacation and would rarely leave the White House."

"He's the President. He deserves time off."

I think there was a fine print when he said " I will never play golf........................................... until I become the president"

Old 03-30-2017, 04:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Dwight Eisenhower was an avid golfer to the point that he had a putting green on the white house lawn. IIRC one of his rich golfing buddies paid for its construction. Also Ike got mad because some squirrels would tear up the green, no doubt burying food. He tried to get the Secret Service to snipe the squirrels, but cooler heads prevailed, and I think they were trapped and relocated.

Eisenhower has been steadily been moving up in stature among historians. He seems to be well regarded by Republicans and Democrats alike. He now ranks #5 among presidents on the CSPAN survey of historians.
https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurv.../?page=overall

Regular physical activity in my experience is essential to maintaining a clear head. Incidentally, George Washington was also a physical activity buff who would sometimes toss a ball back and forth with aids, even while fighting the Revolution.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:25 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Dwight Eisenhower was an avid golfer to the point that he had a putting green on the white house lawn. IIRC one of his rich golfing buddies paid for its construction. Also Ike got mad because some squirrels would tear up the green, no doubt burying food. He tried to get the Secret Service to snipe the squirrels, but cooler heads prevailed, and I think they were trapped and relocated.

Eisenhower has been steadily been moving up in stature among historians. He seems to be well regarded by Republicans and Democrats alike. He now ranks #5 among presidents on the CSPAN survey of historians.
https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurv.../?page=overall

Regular physical activity in my experience is essential to maintaining a clear head. Incidentally, George Washington was also a physical activity buff who would sometimes toss a ball back and forth with aids, even while fighting the Revolution.
regular physical activity is great. obviously golf isn't enough for trump. the man is carrying lots of unhealthy weight.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:08 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
There are more gators in the toilets of Washington, DC than in the ponds of Florida.

Just ponder it.
G.W. Bush was sent to Florida to avoid the gators in D.C.

Elementary schools in Florida are safer than golf courses in Florida.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:18 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I really don't give two hoots if President Trump plays golf. The fact that he proclaimed, during the campaign, that he would never play golf as president, I ignored. He is not known for making truthful statements. Indeed, back then I noted that if a person wanted a president that would NOT play golf, vote for Clinton.

What bugs me is the money it costs for him to keep going to Florida to play at his golf club. Once a month? Fine. But virtually every weekend? I feel bad for those local businesses that are being harmed by his going to Florida so frequently.

It is well known that said Florida country club owned by the President doubled its admission rate after he was sworn in. I read yesterday that the country club, in its prospectus it sends out to possible members, even cites how a member would have an opportunity to be exposed to the President.

The country club does not provide a list of its members. I would wager that since January 20th, quite a few foreign people have joined.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Trump Supporters in 2013 when Donald tweeted about how often Obama was playing golf: "Barack Hussein Obama needs to get off the golf course and do his damn job! Stop spending so much time on the golf course! The American people are not paying his salary to take vacations all the time!"

Trump supporters in 2017 when Donald is on pace to spend more money vacation/golf trips in one year than Obama did in his entire 8 year presidency: "It's not that big of a deal, why are people making such a fuss? Everybody knows deals get done on the golf course. Is this the biggest issue liberals can come up with?!"

Old 04-11-2017, 07:33 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
So Trump has already spent $21 million in travel expenses in 3 months. Obama spent $97 million in 8 years. Trump is on track to spend more in 1 year than Obama did in all 8 years.

And his supporters remain silent. So much hypocrisy.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump Supporters in 2013 when Donald tweeted about how often Obama was playing golf: "Barack Hussein Obama needs to get off the golf course and do his damn job! Stop spending so much time on the golf course! The American people are not paying his salary to take vacations all the time!"

Trump supporters in 2017 when Donald is on pace to spend more money vacation/golf trips in one year than Obama did in his entire 8 year presidency: "It's not that big of a deal, why are people making such a fuss? Everybody knows deals get done on the golf course. Is this the biggest issue liberals can come up with?!"

Yep, the big fat, idiot TURD, is the biggest H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E in history!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies