Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 05:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

I don't have a problem with Melania taking her son on an outting, nor if they took a family vacation twice a year.

But flying to Florida every week end is a bit much.

I also would prefer state dinners to be at The White House -- but I'm sentimental like that. Hosting foreign leaders at Mar a Lago may be a 'business move' for Trump. It's his turf...he's showing off....he's in power, in charge. Maybe at The White House he feels dwarfed by the enormous tradition, scop, etc. of The White House.

And yes, Trump created this fuss when he chose to make an issue about President Obama and his vacations and golf. It was silly & now it has come back to bite him and show him to be a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 05:34 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I wonder if President Trump will play golf this Easter weekend? I imagine he will go to church, since he is so deeply religious.

Interviewer: "Mr. President, what are your plans for Easter?"

President: "Yeah, Easter. A big day, really big. I mean, they took Jesus, and they killed Him, right? I mean, He was dead, right? I think even buried or something. Then, a few days later, He was not dead. That is what people are telling me. Not dead. Think about that. Walking around, telling people that, hey, I'm no longer dead, right? So we go to church on Easter, which I think is on Sunday this year. We all go, right?"

Old 04-13-2017, 07:20 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Melania took their son to bowl in NYC the other day and
along came 30 CIA agents, really ?"

VCIA REALLLY?

When did the CIA start personal protection detail"

I thought that responsibility was given to the Secret Service.

How many Secret Service people do you think were assigned to Obama's children when they went to school.

What did it cost for Obama's family to go on on all of their trips all over the world?

And not ONE word from you , or ANY dem then but, NOW, because it is a repub you are hysterical.

The hypocrisy on the left is amazing.
Okay , okay, Secret Service not the CIA but same amount
of people to protect two people.
BTW there is a bowling alley in The White House.

I highly doubt it took 30 Secret Service personnel to
guard Obama's children at school.

You might want to calm down a little , no one is hysterical, just observant
and critical of the president.
Hypocrisy is abundant on both sides but in these times it is at a
all time high on the GOP side.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:28 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Your list is very long.
I am not saying you are wrong with your list.
With such a list though, could you show evidence that ALL on your list is correct for every time he goes to Florida.

Thanks and I look forward to reading it.
I won't, but you can help yourself
to a little research on who and how many
follow Trump around on a daily basis.

Apply a little logic ,when he holds meetings in Florida it
is obviously not with himself, there must be other
people involved ? right? I mean when our esteemed
leader and ruler "works" ( as per his voters, very hard work)
while on the golf course, he needs all his personnel around him? No?

Just accept it , Trump is spending a lot
of our money on his weekly trips to Florida.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:32 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Obama had not golfed once in hist first 81 days in office. Trump has golfed a minimum of 13 times in his first 81 days.

Odd that a person that frequently criticized a president for golfing later becomes president and golfs far more. That behavior would make that person a complete hypocrite.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:34 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Obama had not golfed once in hist first 81 days in office. Trump has golfed a minimum of 13 times in his first 81 days.

Odd that a person that frequently criticized a president for golfing later becomes president and golfs far more. That behavior would make that person a complete hypocrite.

Fake news! Lies! LOL

There are still some Trumpers trying to defend this. But many of them, realizing they can't win, have just taken the lazy route "If that's all you say about Trump, dems must be losing!"

Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
when Trump hits 300+ rounds in his 2 terms you whiners will have a point. until then ....sour grapes..

Old 04-13-2017, 08:39 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
when Trump hits 300+ rounds in his 2 terms you whiners will have a point. until then ....sour grapes..
Trump is currently on a golfing pace that will far exceed Obama should it continue.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:43 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Trump is currently on a golfing pace that will far exceed Obama should it continue.
They won't acknowledge that.

Just as the Trump supporter who posted above you did, they ignore the numbers/facts and just make a general statement.

They literally don't have the ability to admit Trump has been hypocritical with this particular issue, much less any bigger issues.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:51 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:

Oh, it's odd, alright. He probably doesn't know what a hypocrite is or that he is being one. It seems that he either does not recall himself saying things (seemingly having a split-personality), or like his followers, just ignores it.. and wouldn't care even if he sees evidence of what he has done or said.

Y'know, it's bad enough that he has lived within society this long, taking from and causing difficulties for others, but to have to see him all the time and his being in this position, is pretty unbearable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies