Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 11:00 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, the counties control the people, the state controls the counties and the federal government controls the states. As in United States. Not the United People of America.

If we want to go by people, let us count counties/parishes that went red v. blue.
The reason this is a republic, not a full bore mob rule democracy.
Now, if you got rid of state constitutions and state sovereignty, you may have something.
I don't think you get what I'm saying. A poster boasting about Trump winning 31 states doesn't really mean anything. Montana, Wyoming are red states. But their population is not that big. So I was only pointing out that my county had more people than their whole state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 11:08 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
He's srill currently under investigation by the FBI

Old 04-02-2017, 11:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed22 View Post
Says the girl still talking about the popular vote... my God, the libs are nuts!!! It's priceless.
President Trump? Don't you need to get some sleep before tomorrow?

Old 04-03-2017, 12:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Trump won 2626 counties to Hillary's 487.

But Trump wasn't just running against Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton, he was running against Barack Hussein Obama, the CIA, the FBI, msm, academia, Hollywood, the DOJ, snowflakes, Soros, and a bunch of other lying cheating stealing criminal idiots.

Congratulations to America! Oh, and to the Electoral College!

Thusly, your state has more electoral votes than those states, so Trump had to pick up Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc.

Can you say Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc.?

Good, we knew ya could!

=)
His margins were not high in any of those states, not really. I know, I live in NC.

You can pick up a map and trace his votes coming from rural, poor counties.

The reality is that he didn't win by very much. Yes, he absolutely won the election, but it was by a narrow percentage, even by EC standards, because the states he won in the EC were not all won by large percentages of voters. ESPECIALLY those swing states you noted.

So, yeah... he's done a crappy job so far and outside CD P&OC, people who voted for him are displeased with him, to varying degrees. How's he going to recover if he's this disliked this early in his tenure?

If you think that people won't show up in record numbers to protest vote against him, you are probably going to be really surprised in 2020, if he even runs again. Which I doubt he will, really.

He knows he's hated.

That's why he tends to stick only to areas where he knows he's got some degree of fan base when making public appearances. He's campaigning now on his popularity with some key demographics (mostly boomers and the like) and he's not going to run again if his popularity doesn't pick up because he really was shocked he won and you best believe he won't put his ego on the line again.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 AM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed22 View Post
Says the girl still talking about the popular vote... my God, the libs are nuts!!! It's priceless.
I was talking about population not popular vote. So instead of deflecting, maybe you should try and comprehend what I said

Old 04-03-2017, 12:47 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Default Trumpelstiltskin

Can Trumpelstiltskin spin gold from straw? That's the only way he will build his wall, balance his budget and stay in office.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:34 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Still hasnt rounded up gays and minority's etc

Or the 11,000,000 illegals he said he'd form a 'Deportation Force' to quickly remove from the country.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
He would quit before he's impeached. No way in hades republicans in the house would vote for impeachment.
Yes and no.
I agree he would probably resign.
I don't agree about the vote --- he's alienated just as many republicans as democrats, and many of those R's might just prefer Mike Pence in charge.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:31 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Watergate took 2 years.
It's foolish to believe all the smoke being blown, but by all means linger to your hope.

Trump is not getting impeached. No actual charges have been made despite the petty drama.

It's a dumb thing for people to spend so much time and energy discussing issues like this, but if it's how you and others get off so be it I guess.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:49 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think you get what I'm saying. A poster boasting about Trump winning 31 states doesn't really mean anything. Montana, Wyoming are red states. But their population is not that big. So I was only pointing out that my county had more people than their whole state.
When you pass away (decades from now I assume), will you have your kids bury you with your 'Popular Vote Winner' hat on ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies