Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 10:09 AM

35,735 posts, read 21,087,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting this. There are unlimited visas for legal, foreign ag workers and only 2% of illegals are doing those jobs. Who cares if these greedy, law breaking employers are incovenienced? Why would you mention the white race? How is it racist to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful status in our country. Try debating without the juvenile name calling. In short, grow up!
when you show me the polish/Chinese/ Guianese etc ripped from their families- I will accept that -- they are not EVEN mentioned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 10:13 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,521,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
yes it's time for the folks who never so much as ran a lemonade stand tell business owners how to run their shops.
Tell us more, experts
Just when you think you got everyone figured out on the internet, life slaps you upside the face with oh no you don't know what you don't know.

We've had the same business for 46 years. Never filed bankruptcy, have taken it on the chin a couple times. But our customers, clients, and suppliers trust us. Highs and lows, just like life.

We run everyone hired through a series of back ground checks, including e-verify. My employees trust that this is a safe place to work. I owe that to them. Safety first. Why would I put my own safety at risk, let alone my employees. If you can't communicate in the language everyone else here uses, along with customers and clients. Sorry no hire.

We won't hire even anyone who filed bankruptcy UNLESS it was for medical reasons. (You sign your name to a contract and don't fulfill it or want a do over. You have no integrity. Go somewhere else.)

We actually had a young gal apply as an accountant who said when asked about filing bankruptcy, "she wanted everything and she wanted it NOW!" Our CPA who vets all finance people said, don't even bother passing her on to me, she is a NO.

We are NOT in the construction business or anything related to it. Nor are we food processors. These are the biggest violators of hiring illegals. Start here, next group restaurants. House & business cleaning companies. Including those who clean the airlines planes. Billions saved, no wall needed.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:27 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,681,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
yes it's time for the folks who never so much as ran a lemonade stand tell business owners how to run their shops.
Tell us more, experts
You couldn't be more wrong, but---that's never been a real deterrent here..WE, the American people try hard to get the government to listen to us, but we mostly hear from their counterparts in business. Complain about the safety aspect of trucking--and--the trucking "industry leaders" respond, complain about the safety of our food--and--the food processors coalition responds, health care, education, trade laws, all are subject to the mighty, their opinions are heard while OURS are not. Time to get real on immigration, of ALL kinds..

Old 04-05-2017, 10:30 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Utter nonsense! It would take more than going after the employers to stop them. We'd need to deny birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits. also. We need to remove all the means to support themselves here.

As for the wall, are criminals and terrorists coming here for jobs? So I don't know what you mean by the wall being for show. Deportation nonsense? Um, our immigration laws state that as illegals are detected they must be deported.
Criminals and terrorists are going to get in wall or no wall. Don't fool yourself

The anchor baby business needs to be resolved. No doubt about it.

Meanwhile, enforcing stiff penalties for those hiring undocumented people would most definitely work. It does in other countries.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:36 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Just when you think you got everyone figured out on the internet, life slaps you upside the face with oh no you don't know what you don't know.

We've had the same business for 46 years. Never filed bankruptcy, have taken it on the chin a couple times. But our customers, clients, and suppliers trust us. Highs and lows, just like life.

We run everyone hired through a series of back ground checks, including e-verify. My employees trust that this is a safe place to work. I owe that to them. Safety first. Why would I put my own safety at risk, let alone my employees. If you can't communicate in the language everyone else here uses, along with customers and clients. Sorry no hire.

We won't hire even anyone who filed bankruptcy UNLESS it was for medical reasons. (You sign your name to a contract and don't fulfill it or want a do over. You have no integrity. Go somewhere else.)

We actually had a young gal apply as an accountant who said when asked about filing bankruptcy, "she wanted everything and she wanted it NOW!" Our CPA who vets all finance people said, don't even bother passing her on to me, she is a NO.

We are NOT in the construction business or anything related to it. Nor are we food processors. These are the biggest violators of hiring illegals. Start here, next group restaurants. House & business cleaning companies. Including those who clean the airlines planes. Billions saved, no wall needed.
Exactly.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:04 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
Quote:
Oh, stop with the partisan arguments. The Democrats are just as guilty as the Republicans. If illegals didn't come here then the employers wouldn't be able to hire them either so they are both equally guilty of breaking the law. Stay on topic. This has nothing to do with LGBT rights either. I suggest you start another Republican bashing thread about that.
Agree 100%. I didn't mention Republicans in this subject, only drew an analogy about how the people who scream the loudest are the guiltiest "LIKE" the anti-gay movement... And I even mentioned the "elite". Isn't that conservative code for all Dem's?

I even dimmed the font because it was an analogy, and not directly related.

You do know what an analogy is, right?

Old 04-05-2017, 11:05 AM

63,003 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Me thinks it's not just the Liberal politicians who want cheap labor. Let's remember that Obama deported way more people than George Bush, which I don't think is a good thing, but it shows that Republicans never really made it their priority for one reason or another

Businesses that hire illegal are both Republicans and Democrats. Obama did not deport more people as he was counting those turned around at the border as deportations. Why isn't deporting illegal aliens a good thing anyway?

Obama gave millions of them a stay of deportation via DACA and DAPA and he also instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they were "convicted" criminals. His deportation record was dismal.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Criminals and terrorists are going to get in wall or no wall. Don't fool yourself

The anchor baby business needs to be resolved. No doubt about it.

Meanwhile, enforcing stiff penalties for those hiring undocumented people would most definitely work. It does in other countries.

So unless we don't stop illegal immigration from migrants looking for work, criminals and terrorists 100% the wall is useless? Even if we stop 50% of them it's not useless. It is a part of the solution along with fining the employers, e-verify and the anchor baby business.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post

The wall is still needed and the various reasons why has already been explained over and over. Did you miss it?

Old 04-05-2017, 11:13 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,882 times
I mean, I think there is a fair amount of people who do actually blame the employers. It just so happens that these people tend to also believe intervention in the free market is wrong at a fundamental level so the punishment on them should be less severe as a result.

I of course agree with you in spirit though. When companies near the border advertise across the border about a need for workers and then hire them in mass (which makes economic sense for them; they're not citizens so they don't rights really; they an be paid below minimum wage and be offered no benefits and there's nothing they can do.... they can't unionize or talk to their congress because they have no congress), then that's the problem that needs addressing. It's easier to blame the immigrants because they're too detached from us. Why blame the hard working American who's just doing what makes good business sense when you can blame the foreigner who clearly doesn't' respect our way of life enough to immigrate legally, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies