Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 05:00 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Ivanka and the son in law who is now secretary of everything.

Bannon is a dirtbag, but that suits the Cheeto just fine. I don't think he's going to last 4 yrs.

It figures. Back to what is familiar: Trump running his mouth, selling whatever and boisterous, lying bravado while the kids "do the work".

He doesn't have a frigging clue about what's going on. He is waaay in over his head.

Good grief, Trump hasn't read a book or had an original idea since 1970.

Wonder when Uday and Qusay will move into the West Wing.
No, he doesn't have a clue and is not suitable or qualified for the job. However, I feel a little bit better with Bannon not so high up in status. He is just too strange, weird, far right. And I like having Ivanka and her husband having more of a say in things.

The two of them seem to have more common sense and a better sense of reality than the rest of the crew.
I think maybe it's Ivanka and hubby who realize that the far right is doing more harm than good. Example--that freedom caucus that wrecked the health care bill (thank goodness).

Old 04-05-2017, 05:02 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
From the reports, it seems like the National Security Advisor, H.R. McMaster, finally got Bannon kicked off the National Security Council, and has put the National Intelligence Director, Dan Coats, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Joseph Dunford, back on the NSC.

IMO, this is a positive development. Less alt-right ideology, more professionalism on the NSC.

Credit where credit is due - President Trump gets a big thumbs up from me for this latest development.
How is this development a good reflection on Trump?

Trump's the one who put Bannon in the NSC AND the one to exclude the joint chiefs from the NSC to begin with!

Or do you think there was an invisible finger making the appointments?

Trump is an ignorant, senile fool.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Burd we don't like each other and that's fine. You always attack and never offer constructive criticism which I have found to come from people who really can't communicate and aren't social except when they are hidden behind a screen name.

Liberals want Trump to act on all his campaign promises right away - even tho we gave Obama - 8 yrs for his Hope & Change which never materialized. Even tho - I a democrat didn't vote for Obama - either time - I at least gave the man a chance and waited to see if he would indeed make this country better as far as the economy, foreign affairs and bringing the races together. From the way I look at it - he failed - but at least I gave him a chance and that's something you people can't and won't do.

I'm not on the board 24/7 like many others here as I do have a life
- and to the poster who messaged me - so sorry to disappoint you - I'm not crying and definitely not over the likes of you.

Oh you do? So what you're trying to rub it in innocent people's faces if they don't have a job? Real classy. Good for you bud I guess you got lucky. I could easily be mad at previous presidents like you seem to be because I have only had one formal job but I know they tried their best. It is a difficult job.

Personally it's logical to say I gave Trump a chance years ago. I never liked him and I'm almost always right about the vibes I get with people visually but still I didn't think anything of it because I did not know who he was. When he started campaigning he proved me right..still though I did not vote for him I waited to see what happened, whether he would change his tune after he acquired the office. Nope.
Do you know what happened the last time I gave somebody a chance that I had a bad feeling about? I got almost 300 dollars taken from me. Never again especially since it's obvious that he's not worth giving a chance over (if you had your mind open you would see that too)

Old 04-05-2017, 05:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
No, he doesn't have a clue and is not suitable or qualified for the job. However, I feel a little bit better with Bannon not so high up in status. He is just too strange, weird, far right. And I like having Ivanka and her husband having more of a say in things.

The two of them seem to have more common sense and a better sense of reality than the rest of the crew.
I think maybe it's Ivanka and hubby who realize that the far right is doing more harm than good. Example--that freedom caucus that wrecked the health care bill (thank goodness).
Jared and Ivanka are heavily involved in some shady things too, and Jared has absolutely no experience or qualifications to be handling the things he's dealing with. No question a huge catastrophe is going to result with him in charge of everything.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:14 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
From the reports, it seems like the National Security Advisor, H.R. McMaster, finally got Bannon kicked off the National Security Council, and has put the National Intelligence Director, Dan Coats, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Joseph Dunford, back on the NSC.

IMO, this is a positive development. Less alt-right ideology, more professionalism on the NSC.

Credit where credit is due - President Trump gets a big thumbs up from me for this latest development.
I agree..good move:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBzrlrp?m=en-us

Old 04-05-2017, 05:24 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
They must be giving his seat to Omarosa.
Actually I heard it was Otis Campbell from Mayberry, NC.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:58 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Quote:
Putting the Secretary of Energy onto the NSC principals committee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Obama had the SoE on the NSC principals committee.
Yes, Magna is correct. Ernest Moniz, Obama's Secretary of Energy, was on the NSC principals committee. Moniz is also a PhD in in theoretical physics, is a nuclear physicist, and played a key role in negotiating the nuclear deal with Iran.

Moniz's predecessor, Steven Chu, wasn't on the NSA principals committee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
But that was different!
See, I didn't know that Rick Perry had a PhD in theoretical physics, was a nuclear physicist, AND was negotiating with a foreign power regarding nuclear weapons.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:03 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
How is this development a good reflection on Trump?
Please, just give me this one thing.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I do want him to actually be competent in his job.

I'd be hypocritical if I didn't applaud the things that I think he did right, even if it in this case it might have been just to correct a bad mistake he made.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:08 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Holy crap. Please let this be a joke.
Quote:
Yes, Magna is correct. Ernest Moniz, Obama's Secretary of Energy, was on the NSC principals committee. Moniz is also a PhD in in theoretical physics, is a nuclear physicist, and played a key role in negotiating the nuclear deal with Iran.

See, I didn't know that Rick Perry had a PhD in theoretical physics, was a nuclear physicist, AND was negotiating with a foreign power regarding nuclear weapons.
Of course, we shouldn't complain that perry is SOE, after all, with his background in what - agriculture? cheerleading?, our energy and nuclear stuff is in really, bigly capable hands with him at the helm of Energy. And it is probably pretty important to our national security that SOE is included on that team. That said, perry is a thousand times better than bannon on the security council.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:08 PM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:

That wasn't the point and you know it. Having the Secretary of Energy on, or a participant, of the NSC makes sense.

I think the objection is to Perry and not the above.

And the reality is that the only way most of you guys would be satisfied, and maybe not even then, is if Trump had reappointed all of Obama's people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies