Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 05:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

President Trump met with President Sisi of Egypt and King Abdullah of Jordan this week - I expect they gave him a different perspective on the Butcher of Damascus. The entire Arab League is very, very anti-Assad. TeamObama spent years propping him up and now President Trump is learning more from the guys in the Neighborhood.

Add to that -- Assad went on another Chemical Murder run ..... just to show he could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 05:50 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
All day I've been hearing Syria this Assad that. Do the media and politicians have any brains? I must ask the same of some forum members too. I talked to a friend today for awhile. He's a chemist and was a CW expert in the US army. He knows his chit.

Has anyone considered that there was no actual readied chemical warfare agent involved at all, whether from an insurgent stash or from Syrian AF munitions. Judging by all the eyewitness accounts, reported injuries, the photos from the area et cetera, it frankly sounds like the Syrian AF bombed a reinforced militant compound and all kinds of junk the latter had cooking there was released as a result.

Some of that junk might have been related to chemical weapons production, but it wasn't any readied agents that caused the poisonings, rather precursors in that case, because none of the typical agents share properties with what's being reported. It sounds more like a mix of various noxious and common/easy to produce gaseous chemicals, ranging from chlorine (smoke in various colors depending on purity, respiratory issues, frothing, terrible smell) to HCN (terrible smell, spasms, seizures and sudden death) etc.

The Syrian airforce did bomb something there, was this a result of that bombing? Did the SAF realize what the rebels had there? They used SU-22s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9fb0Y-JuH8 I know Al Q can make nerve agent, so can the Turkish militants and FSA.

WTF???

Old 04-05-2017, 05:51 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I give him credit for changing his mind, the question is where do we go from here. Lacking from his statement was any criticism of Russia.

"I will tell you that attack on children yesterday had a big impact on me – big impact,” Trump said in the White House Rose Garden. “My attitude toward Syria and Assad has changed very much … You’re now talking about a whole different level.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ki-haley-assad
Lets see what he proposes.

I don't have any interest in more regime change.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:20 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The guy has been talking about backing Assad or leaving him alone for months (whatever Vlad wants).

Oh, yeah, now he thinks Assad is a bad guy. And he sounded like a big fat phony. I don't think he's changed his mind, because I don't thing he even gave it a thought before.

I think Ivanka wrote it for him, as he has no idea how to feel bad for anyone, including children. Ivanka told him he should feel bad. These are the people he has railed against, the people he has been banning--the people he refuses to help--the muslim refugees.

Then that hypocrite has the absolute incredible idiotic nerve to blame this on Obama and leave out Putin who has propped Assad up and bombed children for him for months. This is beyond disgusting.
I just saw McCain on TV. He blamed it on Obama too. Something about drawing lines in the sand and then backing down.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:32 PM

57,309 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Lets see what he proposes.

I don't have any interest in more regime change.
I'm not sure where we go from here but Assad needs to be held accountable and Russia needs to take responsibility. Regime changes have not turned out well but in this case could it possibly get worse, I don't see Assad being able to rule over a country the size of Syria after his actions. This cannot continue.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I'm not sure where we go from here but Assad needs to be held accountable and Russia needs to take responsibility. Regime changes have not turned out well but in this case could it possibly get worse, I don't see Assad being able to rule over a country the size of Syria after his actions. This cannot continue.
Nothing is going to change and you know it. There is absolutely no way we can fight in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen and take on the Russians and the Assad regime in Syria. I wouldn't be surprised to see China step in also.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:36 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
I did not hear much sincerity in Trump's message on the gas attack. He read from a script, something he does not do when he believes what he is saying.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Is it asking too much to hope he realizes it's not our war and stays out of it?

Because for me, that's the only acceptable (in)action.
Agreed.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:12 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
I don't that I believe that there were gas attacks. Syria removed it chemical weapons in part of a deal with the UN, all weapons were confirmed destroyed in 2014.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:16 PM

155 posts, read 101,510 times
It's just rhetoric. The real Trump is the Trump we heard on the campaign trail. He's just being told to act more presidential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies