Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 10:30 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

As a guy, I don't even want someone of the opposite sex in the same bathroom with me. This unisex stuff is absolutely insane. I can not blame them for the boycott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 10:47 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
The bathroom agenda as a whole is dumb and not based on any evidence of men attacking women in public bathrooms, or even women that have "become men" attacking women in public bathrooms.

Lets think about this for a second.

You're in Target, you stop in the bathroom for a minute to use the bathroom. How much attention do you spend observing anybody else in the bathroom with you?

Lets say for example, a woman, who "became a man" walks in and goes into a stall. How are you going to detain this person and require them to show proof their birth certificate says "female" on it? You have no authority to do so. You cannot stop them from leaving until they prove their birth gender to you, and do you honestly think they are going to wait around while you call the cops?

Are we going to post police at every bathroom and require people to carry their birth certificates on them?

This is the most retarded political agenda trending right now and anybody that supports it is delusional.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:53 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
I'm not personally fussed about unisex toilets etc. but I absolutely support the right for other women to have female-only toilets etc. The rights of Transpeople are important but they should not come at the expense of women's rights.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:56 AM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Their dressing room policy is even worse.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james159 View Post
I would feel embarassed blowiing up a stall next to a lady or picking my pimple in the mirror when a hot woman walked in. Of course my feelings don't matter, only the feelings of 0.01% of the population matter.
Who is actually doing those things in the Target bathroom? It's just not smart to pick a pimple in any public bathroom (germs and open sore, ewww) and I'm assuming the 'blowing up" would be an emergency agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
The bathroom agenda as a whole is dumb and not based on any evidence of men attacking women in public bathrooms, or even women that have "become men" attacking women in public bathrooms.

You're in Target, you stop in the bathroom for a minute to use the bathroom. How much attention do you spend observing anybody else in the bathroom with you?

Lets say for example, a woman, who "became a man" walks in and goes into a stall. How are you going to detain this person and require them to show proof their birth certificate says "female" on it? You have no authority to do so. You cannot stop them from leaving until they prove their birth gender to you, and do you honestly think they are going to wait around while you call the cops?

Are we going to post police at every bathroom and require people to carry their birth certificates on them?

This is the most retarded political agenda trending right now and anybody that supports it is delusional.
Agree x 1000. A non-issue that's been blown totally out of proportion.

Target offers the family bathroom which I wish every single store would do.

That said, Target is suffering just like EVERY OTHER brick and mortar store in this era. Not exactly a news flash.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:46 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who is actually doing those things in the Target bathroom? It's just not smart to pick a pimple in any public bathroom (germs and open sore, ewww) and I'm assuming the 'blowing up" would be an emergency agenda.

Agree x 1000. A non-issue that's been blown totally out of proportion.

Target offers the family bathroom which I wish every single store would do.

That said, Target is suffering just like EVERY OTHER brick and mortar store in this era. Not exactly a news flash.

Target always offered a family bathroom. Their CEO chose to double-down and capitalize on the media narrative. The intent was to attract shoppers by being the politically correct retailer. When the boycott started they doubled-down once again. In the articles about the impact it's clear they all underestimated the affect.

The most liberal mom in the world is going to protect her kids. Target was polling women trying to determine what was happening. Their data analytics revealed a disturbing impact.

As for the news flash, since it is such a tough environment, why do you think they risked so much for so little?

If a person who looked mostly male walked into the men's room I wouldn't bat an eye. If a person who looked mostly female walked into the ladies room and went to a stall, most women wouldn't care. The Target CEO went to the extreme, and it cost them.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:52 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Target, poor selection and cr@99y prices....why bother.

Target should be smart and keep their customer-base as large
as possibly......tranny-toilets ain't gunna do it. Amazon just may put Trannyget under.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

This isn't about policing and asking for any proof. It's about women who know men don't belong in their space being told it's not ok to even question if someone might be dangerous or not. And don't pretend guys going into those place haven't had bad intentions, it's already happened. As long as you think anyone can go anywhere there the 'danger' voice that keeps us safe must be muffled, and that's bad for all women.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:47 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
how do they know if it was the bathroom issue. Retail sales are down EVERYWHERE -- could it just be the regular market forces.

I use to shop at Target once a week -- now I go once every two to three months.

I online shop

Old 04-08-2017, 06:49 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
lol i doubt anyone would even notice you picking your pimple. When you have to go you have to go. I think men are more vain then women.
roflmao>..........:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies