Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2017, 10:13 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
True . The more civil a society, the greater the rights of women,minorities, gays, etc. Such is the sign of an advanced society.

We just have to guard against the civilization of society moving forward past its usefulness ( equality for all, as one aspect ) into the feminization of society .I think the rise of Trump is in some part a response on the part of moderate and conservative segments of our society to the perceived feminization of America by the SJW and the left.
I see nothing wrong with the feminization of society. If Trump is in response to that, well, I cannot deny that I derive a little bit of pleasure from the inevitable consequences of him as president for those who inherently take issue with women, feminism, equality.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:23 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I see nothing wrong with the feminization of society. If Trump is in response to that, well, I cannot deny that I derive a little bit of pleasure from the inevitable consequences of him as president for those who inherently take issue with women, feminism, equality.

There is plenty wrong in going over the line from a civilized society into a feminized society. At a lot of levels, from national security to societal policy within the US, to what we teach our citizens at the family level of society. An imbalance is always bad, either way.

The transgender issues you argue against in other threads is but one example of the feminization of America.

Last edited by wallflash; 04-09-2017 at 10:33 AM..

Old 04-09-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
There is plenty wrong in going over the line from a civilized society into a feminized society. At a lot of levels, from national security to societal policy within the US, to what we teach our citizens at the family level of society. An imbalance is always bad, either way.

The transgender issues you argue against in other threads is but one example of the feminization of America.
No. This TG issue is a patriarchy problem. it is a male problem. It is men wanting to define what women are. it is men wanting to usurp women's rights once again. It is the man child that wants to blame women. As usual. The fact of the matter is that there has never, never, been a tilted imbalance on the side of women. Ever. As long as Society remains civilized enough so that men cannot get their debased overt sexism on, I'm fine with the likes of Trump giving the Almighty shaft to the macho schmucks who bring little to the civilized table and towards progress.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
No. This TG issue is a patriarchy problem. it is a male problem. It is men wanting to define what women are. it is men wanting to usurp women's rights once again. It is the man child that wants to blame women. As usual. The fact of the matter is that there has never, never, been a tilted imbalance on the side of women. Ever. As long as Society remains civilized enough so that men cannot get their debased overt sexism on, I'm fine with the likes of Trump giving the Almighty shaft to the macho schmucks bring little to the civilized table and towards progress.
No, TG is a feminization problem in the sense of how our society is moving to deal with it. One that has its roots in nurturing, compassion, protecting, over indulgence ,ie, feminine characteristics. Mostly good things properly applied, but when taken overboard result in the idea that we must make life as easy and pain free for folks like the TG, and expect no mature thought processes on their part to deal with their issues like adults.

The feminization of America also created the "participation trophy" culture rampant among raising our youth today, as another example of going overboard towards the feminine side.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:36 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
This is a bunch of BS. At my last job, I was the only male in our department. Worst experience ever...

Instead of just coming to work, doing their job, and going the hell home, women (some, not all) complain about every little thing. "My office is too cold! My chair is uncomfortable! I really want a new computer!" And they gossip worse than middle schoolers. I heard whispers in the hallway all the time.

I worked retail in high school and college. Female customers were 1000 times more unreasonable than men. Men would just say "I wish you guys had this product in stock. It's pretty annoying that you never do." But women would harass the cashier, then start yelling "you guys never have this in stock, why don't you have it in stock? I want to speak to the manager!" Then proceed to yell at the manager. This is precisely why there's a "I'd like to speak to the manager" haircut for women, but not men.

I was a high school teacher for several years. I never dealt with any unreasonable dads. I still have nightmares about some unreasonable moms.

And thinking from my own personal experiences, my mom has embarrassed me in public for her behavior WAY more than my dad ever has.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
No, TG is a feminization problem in the sense of how our society is moving to deal with it. One that has its roots in nurturing, compassion, protecting, over indulgence ,ie, feminine characteristics. Mostly good things properly applied, but when taken overboard result in the idea that we must make life as easy and pain free for folks like the TG, and expect no mature thought processes on their part to deal with their issues like adults.

The feminization of America also created the "participation trophy" culture rampant among raising our youth today, as another example of going overboard towards the feminine side.
You could not be more wrong. I do not believe these men would even want to become women if not for the patriarchal society. There have always been feminine men. There have always been men that are gay. There have always been men that want to wear dresses and want to wear make up. We have a culture that commit violence towards these people, pushing them to a disgusting extreme of self-loathing and self-mutilation. That is not to be placed on the backs of women, but men. It's a male struggle with itself.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:56 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
My first instinct would be to laugh and mock and whatnot at this post, but my more even handed instinct would have me say "sure ladies, give it your best shot if you think it's so easy", and just stand back watch the hysterical chaos ensue. No wars would happen because nothing at all would happen. They aren't the "do stuff" sex.

Women kind of rule the world already anyway if you think about it. There is not much that men do, good, bad or otherwise that isn't directly or indirectly an effort to impress women and/or get laid. Men left to their own devices are relatively calm and benign and don't cause much trouble. It no different than how male horses act around each other. They have their chain of command and social order if its a bunch of males, but throw a mare into the mix and watch what happens.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:06 PM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Whenever another war is started or or there is another conflict it amuses me (albeit in all the wrong ways) knowing if men - the world over were to completely get out of business and politics and gave women 100% control all of the bad stuff such as war, torture, illegal activities etc. would immediately come to an end.

You're joking right? Women can be very vindictive and react emotionally.. not a good combination when you have the nuclear launch codes at your finger tips lol

Old 04-09-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
You could not be more wrong. I do not believe these men would even want to become women if not for the patriarchal society. There have always been feminine men. There have always been men that are gay. There have always been men that want to wear dresses and want to wear make up. We have a culture that commit violence towards these people, pushing them to a disgusting extreme of self-loathing and self-mutilation. That is not to be placed on the backs of women, but men. It's a male struggle with itself.

Nonsense. TG was not an issue in the patriarchal societies of the pre industrial age. They were accepted as "two souls" , and often were spiritual leaders. Gender roles were drastically defined in these societies, with no overlap. You simply invent nonsense here to fit your preconceptions.

" You do not believe" has no factual value at all . Your "belief" doesnt even address the other half of TG at all, that being women thinking they are men. And the concept that some men would desire to become women because of a strong patriarchal society doesnt even make sense.

At any rate, my point was not about the causation of TG, which has nothing at all to do with societal structures but with neurological issues, but with our current response to the issues of TG, which are based on making them feel good about themselves and trying to invent ways to deny the reality of the situation to accommodate the feelings of the TG, which is a feminine response to the problem.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
My first instinct would be to laugh and mock and whatnot at this post, but my more even handed instinct would have me say "sure ladies, give it your best shot if you think it's so easy", and just stand back watch the hysterical chaos ensue. No wars would happen because nothing at all would happen. They aren't the "do stuff" sex.

Women kind of rule the world already anyway if you think about it. There is not much that men do, good, bad or otherwise that isn't directly or indirectly an effort to impress women and/or get laid. Men left to their own devices are relatively calm and benign and don't cause much trouble. It no different than how male horses act around each other. They have their chain of command and social order if its a bunch of males, but throw a mare into the mix and watch what happens.
This is just mine numbingly disrespectful. It's gross
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies